The "What pissed you off today" thread

mirage2101

And we're in a partial lockdown again. Because people don't understand that 30 doesn't mean 100. Or that when you're not allowed 40 people in a bar, that also means not 40 people in your living room.

I get the measures.. the numbers don't lie. The netherlands isn't doing very well covid wise..

But I feel like I'm being punished after doing nothing wrong.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
And we're in a partial lockdown again. Because people don't understand that 30 doesn't mean 100. Or that when you're not allowed 40 people in a bar, that also means not 40 people in your living room.

I get the measures.. the numbers don't lie. The netherlands isn't doing very well covid wise..

But I feel like I'm being punished after doing nothing wrong.
What blew my mind is that apparently 20% of people with a positive Covid test still leave the house, go to work, bring kids to school and shop. Besides, people with symptoms are also not staying home. What the actual fuck?! Are the Dutch really that dumb and arrogant?

mirage2101

What blew my mind is that apparently 20% of people with a positive Covid test still leave the house, go to work, bring kids to school and shop. Besides, people with symptoms are also not staying home. What the actual fuck?! Are the Dutch really that dumb and arrogant?
I'm going to say that dumb.
Just as people aren't cooperating with the contact investigation and keeping some contacts secret.

The dutch and rules are complicated.

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
we had months during the initial lockdown for the gov't to sort out track & trace, fund local trace groups, set up correct labs and treatment centres

they appear to have done nothing but spend money on nothing and we are back to square one

mirage2101

I see your Dutch rules and raise you the UK government's inconsistent ramblings.:banghead:
You mean like "outdoors it's not allowed to be with more then 4 people. Indoors groups of 30 are allowed"
WTF...
WHY.. So I can go to an indoor sports location and run on a treadmill with 30 people.. But I can't go to the park and run with those same 30 people outdoors?

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
F*ckspanners

So. Q has spent alot of time and effort over teh last few months to arrange travel to China to see her dad in hospital.

She gets out of quarantine today. Just in time for the place where her dad is being looked after 'this week' changing their policy and banning people from outside China visiting to preserve their Covid free status. So she can't see her dad .

The only way she might be able to see him is if he transfers hospitals to one where she can visit.

Fucking hell.

Though as a bonus, FinnAir haven't cancelled her flight home...yet.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
F*ckspanners

So. Q has spent alot of time and effort over teh last few months to arrange travel to China to see her dad in hospital.

She gets out of quarantine today. Just in time for the place where her dad is being looked after 'this week' changing their policy and banning people from outside China visiting to preserve their Covid free status. So she can't see her dad .

The only way she might be able to see him is if he transfers hospitals to one where she can visit.

Fucking hell.

Though as a bonus, FinnAir haven't cancelled her flight home...yet.
Dude, that's shitty. Nothings bloody easy these days.

@DrHankWanfordSnr
Sorry Q has to deal with all of that. And you, too. Really hope she can get to see her dad during this. I can't imagine how much that adds to all the stress of these already stressful times. :(

I wish I felt like coming here more and posting. It's not you all, it's me. :D
My nerves are shot, my emotions are exhausted, my brain is fried, my capacity for outrage is apparently bottomless. Fucking hell. :confused:
Still working hard and doing alright at home, but this past 5 years, and especially this past year of cumulative fucking bullshit, has all hit a head and damn near numbed my spirit. Shit's gotta change. This isn't normal. This isn't right. This is not going to become status fucking quo. We're better than this as a country, if not smarter. ;)

But then if it all goes to shit, and there's a really good chance that it all will, then I'm gonna have to become Mad Matt and prowl the roads of the wasteland meting out justice and searching for go-juice in a bitchin' set of wheels. :cool:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
@DrHankWanfordSnr
Sorry Q has to deal with all of that. And you, too. Really hope she can get to see her dad during this. I can't imagine how much that adds to all the stress of these already stressful times. :(

I wish I felt like coming here more and posting. It's not you all, it's me. :D
My nerves are shot, my emotions are exhausted, my brain is fried, my capacity for outrage is apparently bottomless. Fucking hell. :confused:
Still working hard and doing alright at home, but this past 5 years, and especially this past year of cumulative fucking bullshit, has all hit a head and damn near numbed my spirit. Shit's gotta change. This isn't normal. This isn't right. This is not going to become status fucking quo. We're better than this as a country, if not smarter. ;)

But then if it all goes to shit, and there's a really good chance that it all will, then I'm gonna have to become Mad Matt and prowl the roads of the wasteland meting out justice and searching for go-juice in a bitchin' set of wheels. :cool:
I hear you brother, I really do. For what it is worth, I have faith were going to step out of the darkness stronger than ever. I know that seems far fetched at the moment but hang in there.