The "What pissed you off today" thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
There have been off fruit/veg - more than usual
We've been lucky with most of the fruit and veg we've had. The chicken has been a huge part of our diet here for years, I'm going to have to think of an alternative for next week on. I'd say I'm looking forward to 2021 but I was looking forward to this year too, it's not really working out so far!

Last edited:
We've been lucky with most of the fruit and veg we've had. The chicken has been a huge part of our diet here for years, I'm going to have to think of an alternative for next week on. I'd say I'm looking forward to 2021 but I was looking forward to this year too, it's not really working out so far!
And we're only halfway through. As a wise man once said, "Hold onto your butts." :D :eek:

I noticed a drop in quality on a lot of produce that was coming in the few weeks before I quarantined. The farms and warehouses here are all having a hard time keeping consistent workforces, and with demand skyrocketing and shortages spreading, there's a lot that wouldn't normally be passed on. Might be the same kind of situation all over.

My energy is tapped. I figured if I got this thing and it wasn't severe that I'd just play guitar and games I haven't even opened since last year some time. But my will to do anything is shot most of the time. Breathing is an off and on problem. Sometimes it's fine, other times I have to work a little to get enough air in. Throat usually feels swollen and mildly raw. Congestion. Coughing just wipes me out for a little while of energy. Nothing worth going to the already full hospitals for. Temperature goes up and down, nothing over 100. Nighttime is usually the shittiest time for some symptoms. Can't get comfortable, something's always aching. Concentration is for shit. Barely picked up a guitar. Just a week of nothing.
Could be a lot worse, though.

mirage2101

My energy is tapped. I figured if I got this thing and it wasn't severe that I'd just play guitar and games I haven't even opened since last year some time. But my will to do anything is shot most of the time. Breathing is an off and on problem. Sometimes it's fine, other times I have to work a little to get enough air in. Throat usually feels swollen and mildly raw. Congestion. Coughing just wipes me out for a little while of energy. Nothing worth going to the already full hospitals for. Temperature goes up and down, nothing over 100. Nighttime is usually the shittiest time for some symptoms. Can't get comfortable, something's always aching. Concentration is for shit. Barely picked up a guitar. Just a week of nothing.
Could be a lot worse, though.
I had a flu like that two years ago. Completely wiped me out for a week and when I got back to work people told me I looked like death warmed over.
And you're probably worse off.. Get your sleep and vitamins..

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Not a pissed off, but shitty day.

My father had a mild stroke today. MRI and Echo tomorrow to trying and find the source.

I got a call at 8am from my mom while I was moving band equipment to come over because something was wrong with dad and he couldn’t move his arm. I feel like a schmuck because it scared me and I yelled, “Don’t call me, get him to the *bleeping* hospital!” We unloaded my truck ASAP, about 2 min, and I headed straight over after thinking maybe he can’t get up but they had already made it to the hospital. Unfortunately a storm last night had fried our CT scanner computers and his recent back surgery meant even if they had been able to scan ASAP they wouldn’t have been able to give a clot buster.

Good news is he has gained some movement of his arm to the elbow and has feeling in his fingers again. He’s in good spirits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Hitting the target well over a week before the end of the month is good for business, but I now bored out of my mind....I am almost looking forward to the meeting I have later today. Almost.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I keep getting chicken thats gone off from Tesco, it's been going on for months, I finally sent the a complaint about it today. Do any of you shop in Tesco and are you having similar problem with their 'fresh' chicken?
We stopped buying meat from the supermarket after the previous Two Sister meat processing scandal. It's not been easy recently with the local butcher shut due to Covid but a local farm does farm reared meat boxes so we get them sometime. We've been eating more fish recently.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

My father had a mild stroke today. MRI and Echo tomorrow to trying and find the source.

I got a call at 8am from my mom while I was moving band equipment to come over because something was wrong with dad and he couldn’t move his arm. I feel like a schmuck because it scared me and I yelled, “Don’t call me, get him to the *bleeping* hospital!” We unloaded my truck ASAP, about 2 min, and I headed straight over after thinking maybe he can’t get up but they had already made it to the hospital. Unfortunately a storm last night had fried our CT scanner computers and his recent back surgery meant even if they had been able to scan ASAP they wouldn’t have been able to give a clot buster.

Good news is he has gained some movement of his arm to the elbow and has feeling in his fingers again. He’s in good spirits.

I'm sorry to hear that mate but I'm glad he's showing signs of improvement. It's rough seeing this stuff happen to parents.

Neilybob100

I'm glad he is doing better now.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Neilybob100

Today is the day, after 3 1/2 years of restructuring planning comes to head and the big wigs at my company announce what they are going to do with us. I'm hearing mixed things on the grapevine.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk