The "What pissed you off today" thread

Soap Distant

The Big Kahuna (again!)
So...our building, the CCG head office, is locked down. There are probably 10 of us in a building that normally houses a few hundred. Walk-ins are banned, and people can only come to see us by appointment.

There were 6 of us in my department yesterday (IT), myself and 5 contractors. Around lunchtime, a member of staff I'd never seen before, came in with a laptop and said he didn't need it anymore because he was being redeployed to frontline work, and placed it on a desk.

As one of the contractors went to pick it up, he said "Oh, you might want to leave it for a while, I've been in direct contact with people with Covid 19"

So this fucking idiot had come in to the building without PPE, touched who knows how many door handles, and walked into the one department that's touching & handing out hundreds of laptops and other equipment to doctors, nurses, and admin staff, and put us all at high risk of infection.

I spent the next two hours talking to Infection Control, wiping down doors, filling out incident reports, and having to bag up a fucking laptop in clinical waste bags, and finding somewhere to hide it.

His manager has been informed, so hopefully we will be invited to the roof party, before he is thrown off the 7th floor into a clinical waste skip.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
So...our building, the CCG head office, is locked down. There are probably 10 of us in a building that normally houses a few hundred. Walk-ins are banned, and people can only come to see us by appointment.

There were 6 of us in my department yesterday (IT), myself and 5 contractors. Around lunchtime, a member of staff I'd never seen before, came in with a laptop and said he didn't need it anymore because he was being redeployed to frontline work, and placed it on a desk.

As one of the contractors went to pick it up, he said "Oh, you might want to leave it for a while, I've been in direct contact with people with Covid 19"

So this fucking idiot had come in to the building without PPE, touched who knows how many door handles, and walked into the one department that's touching & handing out hundreds of laptops and other equipment to doctors, nurses, and admin staff, and put us all at high risk of infection.

I spent the next two hours talking to Infection Control, wiping down doors, filling out incident reports, and having to bag up a fucking laptop in clinical waste bags, and finding somewhere to hide it.

His manager has been informed, so hopefully we will be invited to the roof party, before he is thrown off the 7th floor into a clinical waste skip.
Some people have no common sense.

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member

Jesus f**k. Wife is putting her uniforms on the hottest wash possible as soon as she gets home. They don`t even have changing rooms at the part of the hospital she works at coz they wisely turned it into an office.....

They only just got some of the correct PPE the other day after NHS england changed the directives twice. Not good planning!

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
Was messing around with the strymons on the Marshall and I noticed that it was a bit quiet compared to normal. When I turned the pedals off it sounded like there was a slight fuzz like effect on the distortion and the clean sounded like it was clipping.

Dead tube probably? any ideas?

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Car insurance renewal. A morning of bait and switch.

Moneysupermarket quote says £258....... actual insurance website marks it up to £310. I eventually got a quote that didn't magically inflate between clicks. (£280, which is still a saving on my current policy which was going to renew at £330...... man maths says that's enough for a new pedal)

Car insurance renewal. A morning of bait and switch.

Moneysupermarket quote says £258....... actual insurance website marks it up to £310. I eventually got a quote that didn't magically inflate between clicks. (£280, which is still a saving on my current policy which was going to renew at £330...... man maths says that's enough for a new pedal)
Weird thing is, ours is coming due beginning of next month and it's dropped about 50 bucks. Halfway should be close enough for a new pedal. :D

DrHankWanfordSnr

Unlucky mate. I started with it when I was in my mid 30's, but it only lasted about 6 years. I once took so much Antihistamine, I fell asleep in my office mid-morning, and was woken up by the cleaners after everyone had left.
Its the fornication of trees and ferns rather than flowers/grass, so it ends just as summer properly kicks in. a couple of weeks of antihistamines and weapons grade coffee.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Its the fornication of trees and ferns rather than flowers/grass, so it ends just as summer properly kicks in. a couple of weeks of antihistamines and weapons grade coffee.
I go through the same thing every year in April. It's worth trying different types of antihistamines. I spoke to my doctor about it. I used to use one where the active ingredient was loratadine. Didn't do a thing. Then we tried fexofenadine. Same result. I was on holiday, on a weekend, in a small town and I was going nuts with hayfever, so I bought the only thing I could find, which was way too expensive. It works immediately. Turns out it was cetirizine. Asked my doctor if we can try that on prescription. Other than the occasional stuffy nose, I can now funtion during April!

Apparently people react differently to the various types of pills. It's worth trying a few till you find the one that works for you.

DrHankWanfordSnr

I go through the same thing every year in April. It's worth trying different types of antihistamines. I spoke to my doctor about it. I used to use one where the active ingredient was loratadine. Didn't do a thing. Then we tried fexofenadine. Same result. I was on holiday, on a weekend, in a small town and I was going nuts with hayfever, so I bought the only thing I could find, which was way too expensive. It works immediately. Turns out it was cetirizine. Asked my doctor if we can try that on prescription. Other than the occasional stuffy nose, I can now funtion during April!

Apparently people react differently to the various types of pills. It's worth trying a few till you find the one that works for you.
Yep - cetirizine today. I buy supermarket own brand 30/box. When i started antihistamines (when i was a phd student) I read the side effects of loratidine which at the time jovially included 'depression, cardiac arrhythmia, and death". But as it also stopped the sneezing and burning eyes, it was worth the risk :)