The "What pissed you off today" thread

mirage2101

@beans & rice
We’re not there yet. We’ve seen this moment coming and we’re going to take a break this year. No new egg harvest, no new jobs, no new house.. but recover and find eachother again.
This time 2021 we might decide to go adoption or a foster kid or whatever. Maybe I’ll write a symphony. But at this moment we’re not capable of making a good decision.

In general: don’t think we want pity or our lives are bad. We have great family, we have fun jobs. We have good friends.. it does suck that no pregnancy is happening and it is both physical and mentally a hard thing to deal with. So yeah we want to scream, cry or hit things now and then. But there’s a lot of good stuff too

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I also fell....we have a pond in front of our building at work with a bridge going over it which was a bit icey, but I didn't notice it. So naturally, I slipped and fell on my right hip. Fuck, that's painful.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I think I remember a dealer told me a few years ago that Gibson were doing it too.
I think it was even coming from a good place to do it. They do it so the small local shops can also compete with the big internet shops. They are just trying to protect the little ones. I don't know if I quite agree with protecting the consumer to this level. I think you also need to protect small businesses and this is exactly what's driving them out of business.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I couldn't get Kerry tickets for the My Chemical Romance gig in Milton Keynes. I can't believe there's only one UK gig, there must be so many disappointed people out there today.

Kerry REALLY wanted to go. :(

Edit: They just announced a second date, I soooooo want to get her tickets.

Edit 2: For fuck sakes, the second date tickets are already gone.

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I couldn't get Kerry tickets for the My Chemical Romance gig in Milton Keynes. I can't believe there's only one UK gig, there must be so many disappointed people out there today.

Kerry REALLY wanted to go. :(

Edit: They just announced a second date, I soooooo want to get her tickets.

Edit 2: For fuck sakes, the second date tickets are already gone.
Try it later today, in the evening or even in the middle of the night tonight. Often times the tickets look gone on websites like ticketmaster, because when you select tickets it reserves it for you for like 15 or 20 minutes. Then many people end up not paying in time or just not buying, and they are freed up again afterwards. It doesn't always work, but it's worth trying.

EMM

I am the cat who walks by himself
The world is going terribly backwards! I never thought that adult bullying would be more acceptable than ever!

This is bloody ridiculous!!!!

Alpheus

RNA MUSIC OWNER
The issue with standardizing pricing is that you could end with large stores with deep pockets.... essentially selling gear at so low a price that other stores can not compete, so they go out of business. Then the large dealers who are left now control the market and with no competition they left can raise the prices to far above what they were when they were taking a loss to now overcharge for the guitars.... and where are you going to go to get the best price when've they've put all the competition out of business? If you want it now YOU have to pay what they want because you can not shop around now.

mirage2101

The issue with standardizing pricing is that you could end with large stores with deep pockets.... essentially selling gear at so low a price that other stores can not compete, so they go out of business. Then the large dealers who are left now control the market and with no competition they left can raise the prices to far above what they were when they were taking a loss to now overcharge for the guitars.... and where are you going to go to get the best price when've they've put all the competition out of business? If you want it now YOU have to pay what they want because you can not shop around now.
Those large dealers will still compete or an opportunity will rise for a new generation of small store owners. But you're right there is a risk.

Stores have it hard enough as it is. There's a guitar store in amsterdam that has great guys working there and they give great advice. But.. They're just one store with limited space. They have one brand of pedals. A room with amps but honestly not a lot of choice. And a quality selection of guitars. They just don't carry a guitar they don't like themselves.
It's a great store but it's limited stock means I could'nt go the for an amp. I haven't bought anything there in 10 years, to my regret because I'd rather sponsor them then the big online store. It's just impossible for them to compare.