The "What pissed you off today" thread

Fucking Neil Peart died.
Passed on the 7th in California.
Battling brain cancer for 3 years. Explains a lot. Sadly.
"The Spirit of Radio" from Exit...played on my way home. Didn't hear about him until just now. Appropriate song.

First world problem

I've parked one of our cars (I have too many - tend to use the old shabby ones) up in my own back garden and forgotten to declare SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification in UK).

Despite the car not being in use, I am now the proud recipient of a £100 fine as the offence is non-declaration rather than actually using the damned thing illegally (which I haven't).

Bastards*

*I know - it's my own fault really but nothing I can do to argue it

Last edited:

mirage2101

It looks like the Chapman You Tube drama is getting another instalment. I really hope the forum doesn't get affected in all this.
I don’t get it. I’ve watched about 4 minutes before turning it off. I see a guy stretching to prove some points and banging himself on the chest while the comments fill up with people who say they don’t like Rob.

Now if you like how he presents himself on youtube is personal opinion. There are even one or two things I might agree on in criticism on him. But in general I think Rob is an ok guy trying to make a living for himself. And along the way he made mistakes or could’ve done things better. And I think that goes for everybody. We all made mistakes and we all could’ve done some things better. The more in view you are the more those things are magnified..

But man.. I don’t see the need for all this. This is just the YouTube equivalent of gutter press.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
I don’t get it. I’ve watched about 4 minutes before turning it off. I see a guy stretching to prove some points and banging himself on the chest while the comments fill up with people who say they don’t like Rob.

Now if you like how he presents himself on youtube is personal opinion. There are even one or two things I might agree on in criticism on him. But in general I think Rob is an ok guy trying to make a living for himself. And along the way he made mistakes or could’ve done things better. And I think that goes for everybody. We all made mistakes and we all could’ve done some things better. The more in view you are the more those things are magnified..

But man.. I don’t see the need for all this. This is just the YouTube equivalent of gutter press.
Pour Gary l'escargot

I didn't realise that Youtuber opinions [bend, stretch, twirl - in French]
on other youtubers' opinions ... [inadvisable high kick with audible twang of ham string - in French]
of other youtubers' opinions... [sway left, sway right, run in tight circle, jump into the air - in French]
were so important to.... [land awkwardly, style it out with a slight limp- also in French]
....themselves. and their ardent followers. [jazz hands and a loud fart, - again, en Francais]

Fin

Last edited:

mirage2101

Pour Gary le'escargot

I didn't realise that Youtuber opinions [bend, stretch, twirl - in French]
on other youtubers' opinions ... [inadvisable high kick with audible twang of ham string - in French]
of other youtubers' opinions... [sway left, sway right, right in tight circle, jump into the air - in French]
were so important to.... [land awkwardly, style it out with a slight limp- also in French]
....themselves. and their ardent followers. [jazz hands and a loud fart, - again, en Francais]

Fin
My co-workers want to know what made me exhale coffee through my nose. Thank you for that.

ChrisACT

I think it's hilarious how they are attacking Rob's ego. I've worked in television most of my career (behind the scenes, not on air). It takes a certain level of ego to want to sit in front of a camera and put your face out there. Of course Rob has a bit of an ego ... and so do the guys attacking him. I reckon there's a hell of a lot of tall poppy syndrome going on here. Not suggesting Rob hasn't made any mistakes. He's human and deals do go south. But the level of angst here seems out of order to me.

Neilybob100

I think it's hilarious how they are attacking Rob's ego. I've worked in television most of my career (behind the scenes, not on air). It takes a certain level of ego to want to sit in front of a camera and put your face out there. Of course Rob has a bit of an ego ... and so do the guys attacking him. I reckon there's a hell of a lot of tall poppy syndrome going on here. Not suggesting Rob hasn't made any mistakes. He's human and deals do go south. But the level of angst here seems out of order to me.
Yer I couldn't agree more with you Chris.

No one is perfect. It's a shame Rob had to make that video in the first place.

Just hope Rob and family are ok.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

If you want to know why the drama is warranted then read Riff City's response to Rob. Then also note how Riff City tried to comment their response under Rob's video and he deleted it twice. He's thrown them under a bus and is being called upon to put it right, and is refusing. His latest video was a little lip service about how he loves community engagement - whilst he deletes comments pointing out his inconsistencies - and then promoting a meet and greet.
I've been a huge fan for over a decade, Rob has been instrumental (hah) in my journey as a guitarist, I've been involved in the community for a long time, seen him live in various musical forms, have some of his guitars - I'm far from a "hater" but this whole thing is very disappointing.
Which, y'know, is what pissed me off today I suppose.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Can anybody clarify how this all started?

To be honest, I'm not surprised. I used to like him in the old days, but for the last five or six years, I've seen his head grow bigger and bigger. And that's fine. I just watch less of his stuff. What bothers me is that he has repeatedly stated, if you need to interview him, just contact him, he does interviews all the time. So at one point I needed to interview him for a project I was working on. I got a mail from him saying he has no time and there's plenty of video's on his channel that should answer my questions. I though, what an ass, but whatever. I had directed the same request to The Tone King. He not only replied to my e-mails multiple times and we had some nice chats, but he made an hour long video to answer my questions.