The "What pissed you off today" thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
You know... working with dogs for most of my life, through my mom's grooming shop and boarding kennel, helping with a rescue organization and fostering dozens of dogs for them, and having my own dogs, and dog-sitting, etc, I have, historically, been very good with reading them, handling them, and generally avoiding the ire of any aggressive ones, keeping them in check, training them carefully, etc.
Despite all that exposure, I did good, and was only "really" bitten once, no, not by a raging pit bull or a vicious German Shepherd (2 of my favorite breeds to rescue, because they are easy to train and almost always as sweet as can be, by the time they leave), but by a very, very angry Chihuahua, who tried his best to rip my wrist open, but thankfully, caught mostly jacket sleeve and not skin (blood drawn, but no skin lost. He did his best), all because he didn't like having his nails clipped, and I was the nearest target (just saying, tiny freaking needle teeth... that hurt more than I ever would've expected).
Now, Chihuahuas are my least favorite form of dog... I despise them, and believe they should have ceased to exist long ago, as they are tormented with anxiety, health problems, nervous peeing/pooping, biting, heart problems, the list goes on (sorry, Chihuahua lovers... they're just rat-like demons, to me), so I was not surprised that my first "real" bite was a Chihuahua, so long ago.

So, I suppose, I should not have been surprised, when my second "real bite" was issued from my SECOND least favorite dog breed, the miniature poodle (tied with toy poodles. They're both jerks, though toy poodles CAN be slightly worse, sometimes... spiteful buggers. Standards are great).
For the first time in over a DECADE, last night... I got bit by a dog, which we have been temporarily fostering and trying to get adopted out.
This cuddly, little red demon was taught by his previous owner (an ignorant, hateful old woman), that biting is good, especially when trying to eat, and food guarding is very good. She would even GIVE HIM A TREAT for SNAPPING AT HER when she was feeding him, and would take treats away from him, teaching him to grab things and run and hide, to eat them, because she couldn't be trusted and would steal them. She literally taught him to be an aggressive, paranoid, dominating monster... and then called him "Bear" and took him to the vet to be put down, because "he's a vicious monster and would tear someone apart!" Amazing.
We have been re-training him and it's been hard work, but I let my guard down, thinking we were past that particular issue, but for some reason, he was having a bad day, and decided that he should challenge my alpha status, by snapping at me, when I touched him, as he ate. So I did what I always do, to regain alpha status, not letting him get away with it, forcing him to be submissive, and waiting for him to "chill", as I pinned him, imitating a dog, holding another down, on the side of the neck, and we "relaxed" for a few minutes... until I was confident he was not going to try to challenge me again.
Wrong.
I relaxed my grip and began to let him up, the other dog walked by in that moment, and he jumped up, teeth out, ready to tear into her, so I had to both pull him away from her and pin him again, in a split-second, and... my finger went right into his stupid little mouth TWICE, and he bit down full force and fought me (and lost), and yeah, I had my finger punctured in 3 places, and the flesh of one finger peeled back, and was pouring blood... because of a freaking teddy bear of a miniature poodle...

*sigh*
"No bad dogs... only bad trainers." and boy... that lady must have been the freaking worst, because this dog is absolutely sweet and lovable on most occasions, but that was pure aggression and dominance, like a completely different dog, for a few minutes.

Behold! The vile beast... tail, a blur of evil.

You can really see the fires of hatred, burning in his eyes.
Definitely evil.
I hope your hands not too hurt mate.

mirage2101

Nah, it's fine. It'll heal up enough to be normal in a week or so. May still be too sore for some things, but nothing was too badly hurt.
Glad it was my right hand and not my left, so I can still play guitar :D.
Your story hits home. We’ve got a cat. From the shelter. Missing an eye, half a screwed up ear.. All love.
He sits next to us, on our laps, purring, licking, asking for pets and belly rubs. The only time I’ve seen hem act aggressive is when the vet cut into a bleed ear without numbing it first. He was right turn. She deserved stitches...
Even when I force him into his travel basket he’s not aggressive. Not cooperating but not aggressive.

but if there are people wearing shoes or there’s loud noise... he’s gone into the furthest corner he can find.

I don’t know what happened to him but some people should not have pets. He’s the greatest sweetest cuddle ball of all.. and did not deserve whatever happened to him.

So I’m glad you know it’s not the dog but the trainer.. Do feel better!

beans & rice

@everfreetree It's awful what people do with animals. That lady sucks butt for doing that to that pup.
I've had experience drawing a good pet out of a bad one. And sometimes they're just fucked to begin with because of the extremes of breeding. Like you point out with Chihuahuas. Except I love the shit out of my chorgi, Mitzi. :D She's not crazy at all, but she's very protective of us. Acts more like a shiftless, no-good awesome cat than a dog otherwise. :D
The guy who bred the labradoodle says he regrets it, because they're really all just friggin' mental cases who shouldn't be around people.

ed lespaul

In my job, I have a desktop and a laptop. The desktop for on site, and the laptop for off-site work. The laptop has Windows 7 on it. I was asked to bring my laptop in to have it upgraded, which I did. The problem is that they had no intention of upgrading it. They took it, and did not give it back, because of some new "One Device" policy. They want me to take a new laptop and carry it to and from work everyday. So, now I need to get a doctor's note stating that I cannot carry a laptop to and from work everyday because of a bad back, or bad knee, etc.

I tried looking at it in a different light. If the system breaks down in the middle of the night, and I get the emergency call on a Friday night, I can say that I'll be able to fix it Monday morning when I come into work, since they took my work laptop away from me.

CLOWNS!!!!!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I need to be at work by 8am tomorrow because we have our annual service for the projector etc. I usually start work at 3pm and I'm still sleeping till about 12pm at the moment so I'm going to struggle getting up at 6.30am!

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
In my job, I have a desktop and a laptop. The desktop for on site, and the laptop for off-site work. The laptop has Windows 7 on it. I was asked to bring my laptop in to have it upgraded, which I did. The problem is that they had no intention of upgrading it. They took it, and did not give it back, because of some new "One Device" policy. They want me to take a new laptop and carry it to and from work everyday. So, now I need to get a doctor's note stating that I cannot carry a laptop to and from work everyday because of a bad back, or bad knee, etc.

I tried looking at it in a different light. If the system breaks down in the middle of the night, and I get the emergency call on a Friday night, I can say that I'll be able to fix it Monday morning when I come into work, since they took my work laptop away from me.

CLOWNS!!!!!
Uni of Sheff - "We're not buying you a laptop"
Supervisor while abroad - "can you change those powerpoint slides"
Me "Sure, as soon as I get back to the office"
Sup "here, have my old laptop, its a bit broken, I'll just get a new one"
Me [sarcasticaly] "wow thanks"

Garythesnail

my wife used it for 6 months.... she's death to laptops.
Not the same but along the same lines...... my wife has zero 'mechanical sympathy' when driving, using appliances or tools. She just 'doesn't get it', doesn't agree with my opinion (BIG effin surprise there) and I know she won't change so I have to accept 'reduced lifespan'.

Kids are way better. My son improved once he had to pay to maintain his own car:bounce: