The "What pissed you off today" thread

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
It seems it's become cool to shit on Chappers over christmas. Appearantly one kid with sunglasses from the 70s started a video and some others jumped on the bandwagon.

I don't really want to get into the points made. Some are really really stretched. Others, 1specifically, may hold some ground.
But the way it's done and during the christmas holidays.. tsjees.. I'm gonna go back to recording the forum jam.
That kid is @stoolpigeon of this very parish. Kelan doesn’t seem to like Rob too much these days

beans & rice

Had headphones on for about 90 minutes of recording. Took them off to just play through the amp because the recording was going badly, but now my hearing's shot for a little bit. Everything's too sharp and tinny from being closed off for so long, and I can hear the strings too much. :p

Oh, also, stopped into GC earlier to look at a couple of things. I picked up a few of their in-house brand guitars, Mitchell, and was very disappointed. The low end ones had such sharp fret ends it wasn't even worth trying to play. The slightly more expensive ones were nearly as bad. I love the look and they had some really intense matte finishes, but there wasn't one that was suitable to sit down with.
The fretboards looked really dry and washed out, almost as if they were faded by the lights.

Last edited:

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
<First world problem klaxon SCREAMS into life>
Bought a new microwave - a stealth microwave #black - because, bless, the one that had done us proud for the last 8 years finally bit the dust.
Anyhoo, the ninja microwave arrived today from Amazon.
All brilliant except...
EXCEPT...
Some fuck nugget at the factory decided that it’d be an excellent idea to slap a glued on paper sticker on the front of our shiny new Sith microwave!
Suffice to say, out came the nail varnish remover as I went FULL Father Jack for 20 mins trying to remove the sticky residue.
All fine now but dammit, it kinda took the shine off the “ooooh, it’s new!” experience.
Did I write Toshiba - for it was they who committed this atrocity - a strongly worded email advising they use an easy-peel plastic decal instead?
YOU BETCHA.
<still harrumphing>

ed lespaul

Fuck Guitar Center. I ordered a used X-Touch One before Christmas and it arrived today. It seemed to be in great condition, as described, then I realized it didn't have the plastic cover for the slider. Ok, I could live without it for a while, and call Behringer for a replacement cap. Then I plugged it in, and my DAW doesn't recognize it. It should work without any configuration, because I already had one a few months back, that I eventually sold. Now I have to return this thing, and take the $30 hit on the shipping. FFS, that's the last time I buy anything other than a guitar from the used section.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Due to Christmas break my sleep pattern is way off. I've been sleeping late for a couple of weeks so now I am wide awake at 3am and not going to sleep any time soon. I'm supposed to be up at 8 to get ready for the usual long Saturday shift. As problems go it's not the end of the world but I have a feeling I'll be struggling to stay awake in work!

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Due to Christmas break my sleep pattern is way off. I've been sleeping late for a couple of weeks so now I am wide awake at 3am and not going to sleep any time soon. I'm supposed to be up at 8 to get ready for the usual long Saturday shift. As problems go it's not the end of the world but I have a feeling I'll be struggling to stay awake in work!
yep - me and the kids are struggling to be awake before 9am...... Monday is going to be a nightmare.

Last edited:

Chu

That kid is @stoolpigeon of this very parish. Kelan doesn’t seem to like Rob too much these days
I've seen a few times stuff such as 'Some people in the industry don't like Rob as there's another side to him' as if this should be a surprise. Not everyone at work likes me either, sometimes I have to make decisions where not everyone comes out happy, and sometimes those decisions turn out to be wrong.

People need to grow up and accept that Rob is a businessman and has responsibilities to investors, employees and a family.

As for making videos to 'spread the real truth'..... No one's fooled. Thanks for making the internet a slightly shittier place.

"Did you watch Netflix-series X?"
"Did you watch HBO-series Y?"
"Did you watch.."

NO! I didn't watch shit and I most likely won't. Unless people stop bothering me about it I'll start force-feeding them information about CS:GO-skins and Hearthstone in return.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
You know... working with dogs for most of my life, through my mom's grooming shop and boarding kennel, helping with a rescue organization and fostering dozens of dogs for them, and having my own dogs, and dog-sitting, etc, I have, historically, been very good with reading them, handling them, and generally avoiding the ire of any aggressive ones, keeping them in check, training them carefully, etc.
Despite all that exposure, I did good, and was only "really" bitten once, no, not by a raging pit bull or a vicious German Shepherd (2 of my favorite breeds to rescue, because they are easy to train and almost always as sweet as can be, by the time they leave), but by a very, very angry Chihuahua, who tried his best to rip my wrist open, but thankfully, caught mostly jacket sleeve and not skin (blood drawn, but no skin lost. He did his best), all because he didn't like having his nails clipped, and I was the nearest target (just saying, tiny freaking needle teeth... that hurt more than I ever would've expected).
Now, Chihuahuas are my least favorite form of dog... I despise them, and believe they should have ceased to exist long ago, as they are tormented with anxiety, health problems, nervous peeing/pooping, biting, heart problems, the list goes on (sorry, Chihuahua lovers... they're just rat-like demons, to me), so I was not surprised that my first "real" bite was a Chihuahua, so long ago.

So, I suppose, I should not have been surprised, when my second "real bite" was issued from my SECOND least favorite dog breed, the miniature poodle (tied with toy poodles. They're both jerks, though toy poodles CAN be slightly worse, sometimes... spiteful buggers. Standards are great).
For the first time in over a DECADE, last night... I got bit by a dog, which we have been temporarily fostering and trying to get adopted out.
This cuddly, little red demon was taught by his previous owner (an ignorant, hateful old woman), that biting is good, especially when trying to eat, and food guarding is very good. She would even GIVE HIM A TREAT for SNAPPING AT HER when she was feeding him, and would take treats away from him, teaching him to grab things and run and hide, to eat them, because she couldn't be trusted and would steal them. She literally taught him to be an aggressive, paranoid, dominating monster... and then called him "Bear" and took him to the vet to be put down, because "he's a vicious monster and would tear someone apart!" Amazing.
We have been re-training him and it's been hard work, but I let my guard down, thinking we were past that particular issue, but for some reason, he was having a bad day, and decided that he should challenge my alpha status, by snapping at me, when I touched him, as he ate. So I did what I always do, to regain alpha status, not letting him get away with it, forcing him to be submissive, and waiting for him to "chill", as I pinned him, imitating a dog, holding another down, on the side of the neck, and we "relaxed" for a few minutes... until I was confident he was not going to try to challenge me again.
Wrong.
I relaxed my grip and began to let him up, the other dog walked by in that moment, and he jumped up, teeth out, ready to tear into her, so I had to both pull him away from her and pin him again, in a split-second, and... my finger went right into his stupid little mouth TWICE, and he bit down full force and fought me (and lost), and yeah, I had my finger punctured in 3 places, and the flesh of one finger peeled back, and was pouring blood... because of a freaking teddy bear of a miniature poodle...

*sigh*
"No bad dogs... only bad trainers." and boy... that lady must have been the freaking worst, because this dog is absolutely sweet and lovable on most occasions, but that was pure aggression and dominance, like a completely different dog, for a few minutes.

Behold! The vile beast... tail, a blur of evil.

You can really see the fires of hatred, burning in his eyes.
Definitely evil.

Last edited:

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
You know... working with dogs for most of my life, through my mom's grooming shop and boarding kennel, helping with a rescue organization and fostering dozens of dogs for them, and having my own dogs, and dog-sitting, etc, I have, historically, been very good with reading them, handling them, and generally avoiding the ire of any aggressive ones, keeping them in check, training them carefully, etc.
Despite all that exposure, I did good, and was only "really" bitten once, no, not by a raging pit bull or a vicious German Shepherd (2 of my favorite breeds to rescue, because they are easy to train and almost always as sweet as can be, by the time they leave), but by a very, very angry Chihuahua, who tried his best to rip my wrist open, but thankfully, caught mostly jacket sleeve and not skin (blood drawn, but no skin lost. He did his best), all because he didn't like having his nails clipped, and I was the nearest target (just saying, tiny freaking needle teeth... that hurt more than I ever would've expected).
Now, Chihuahuas are my least favorite form of dog... I despise them, and believe they should have ceased to exist long ago, as they are tormented with anxiety, health problems, nervous peeing/pooping, biting, heart problems, the list goes on (sorry, Chihuahua lovers... they're just rat-like demons, to me), so I was not surprised that my first "real" bite was a Chihuahua, so long ago.

So, I supposed I should not have been surprised, when my second "real bite" was issued from my SECOND least favorite dog breed, the miniature poodle (tied with toy poodles. They're both jerks, though toy poodles CAN be slightly worse, sometimes... spiteful buggers. Standards are great).
For the first time in over a DECADE, last night... I got bit by a dog, which we have been temporarily fostering and trying to get adopted out.
This cuddly, little red demon was taught by his previous owner (an ignorant, hateful old woman), that biting is good, especially when trying to eat, and food guarding is very good. She would even GIVE HIM A TREAT for SNAPPING AT HER when she was feeding him, and would take treats away from him, teaching him to grab things and run and hide, to eat them, because she couldn't be trusted and would steal them. She literally taught him to be an aggressive, paranoid, dominating monster... and then called him "Bear" and took him to the vet to be put down, because "he's a vicious monster and would tear someone apart!" Amazing.
We have been re-training him and it's been hard work, but I let my guard down, thinking we were past that particular issue, but for some reason, he was having a bad day, and decided that he should challenge my alpha status, by snapping at me, when I touched him, as he ate. So I did what I always do, to regain alpha status, not letting him get away with it, forcing him to be submissive, and waiting for him to "chill", as I pinned him, imitating a dog, holding another down, on the side of the neck, and we "relaxed" for a few minutes... until I was confident he was not going to try to challenge me again.
Wrong.
I relaxed my grip and began to let him up, the other dog walked by in that moment, and he jumped up, teeth out, ready to tear into her, so I had to both pull him away from her and pin him again, in a split-second, and... my finger went right into his stupid little mouth TWICE, and he bit down full force and fought me (and lost), and yeah, I had my finger punctured in 3 places, and the flesh of one finger peeled back, and was pouring blood... because of a freaking teddy bear of a miniature poodle...

*sigh*
"No bad dogs... only bad trainers." and boy... that lady must have been the freaking worst, because this dog is absolutely sweet and lovable on most occasions, but that was pure aggression and dominance, like a completely different dog, for a few minutes.

Behold! The vile beast... tail, a blur of evil.

You can really see the fires of hatred, burning in his eyes.
Definitely evil.
Heal FAST @everfreetree
You’re a lovely soul
And though the demon may not realise it
He’s incredibly lucky to have you in his life...
:hug: