The "What pissed you off today" thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Some people are really starting to fuck me off! I dont care how many questions you answered right on a piece of paper at school, or how “real” your job is (whatever the hell that means!)

In this day, that gives them the right to call people like me “dumb”, just because I’m aren’t as qualified but more creative art-wise!
You live your life mate, the people that give you shit aren't worth your time. Take it from someone that lost count of the times I heard "you haven't got a real job then?" when I was working as a musician.

Like @Magnus Pym said - Fuck 'em.

Garythesnail

"you haven't got a real job then?" when I was working as a musician.
I had contact through work with a lady who, during conversation, mentioned that her partner was an artist and earned a living from making two and three dimensional works of art (can't remember now - could have been anything from ceramics to wood carving with a chainsaw) .

I have to confess to starting to think "he hasn't got a proper job" but it dawns on me what this guy's managed to achieve and I ask - "does he enjoy his work?", to which she replies "most of the time". Well that's more than I manage, and I say to her

"fair play - he manages to do something he enjoys on a daily basis . . . and people pay him for it" and remember walking away from the conversation feeling a little, well 'envious' isn't the word as I'm generally quite happy with my lot, but certainly respecting this guy for how he's living his life.

This was quite a big realisation for me. I never had or made the time (don't have talent anyway) for this, creative, side of things. If you've managed to do this for any length of time - good on you:clap:

Mrs and me had our third child just after our 20th and 19th birthdays and I have always had a good work ethic - I've had to be work oriented, and work longish hours, in order to pay the bills. I've been quite fortunate - not been out of work and mostly worked with a good bunch of people, which is nice. Thr older I get the more I realise that there's a lot more to having a good job than just the salary.

You're right
people that give you shit aren't worth your time

mirage2101

Don’t sweat it. I’ve got what people would consider a proper job. And I often think I’m more of a kindergarden teacher or that I should’ve learned a real job. Maybe carpenter..

mirage2101

So our latest IVF attempt failed. That’s Nr 5.
We have one frozen embryo left and our insurance covers two more attempts of harvesting eggs. Potentially allowing for another 10-14ish.
But I don’t think we can do it or our marriage and friendships will be up for it. Man this is grinding us down.

to top it of my brother’s second was born last week. I’m happy for him but by god I’m jealeous and pissed off..

if anybody’s looking for me I’ll be out in the woods screaming at some trees.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
We have one frozen embryo left and our insurance covers two more attempts of harvesting eggs. Potentially allowing for another 10-14ish.
But I don’t think we can do it or our marriage and friendships will be up for it. Man this is grinding us down.

to top it of my brother’s second was born last week. I’m happy for him but by god I’m jealeous and pissed off..

Bad one, sorry to hear that.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck

Sorry to hear that. Have you guys thought of counseling to deal with the stress this all brought? Stress can play a huge factor in not being able to get pregnant. I've heard that so much in my environment. As soon as people let go and relaxed about it, it happened for them.

mirage2101

Sorry to hear that. Have you guys thought of counseling to deal with the stress this all brought? Stress can play a huge factor in not being able to get pregnant. I've heard that so much in my environment. As soon as people let go and relaxed about it, it happened for them.
We've both been talking to someone for the better part of the past year. It didn't help getting pregnant but it does help to deal with the stress and emotions. A good therapist is worth their weight in gold. Honestly it's the best money I ever spend.

Fuck, there's nothing I can say to help, but my heart breaks for you.
When you do end up becoming parents, that kid or kids will be the luckiest little boogers to have you both.

mirage2101

Fuck, there's nothing I can say to help, but my heart breaks for you.
When you do end up becoming parents, that kid or kids will be the luckiest little boogers to have you both.
This is how you help. Thank you. All of you.
I've tried a couple of times but I'm having a hard time putting into words that it truly means a lot when people say things like this. It's what keeps the light on when everything else seems dark.

Neilybob100

Life isn't fair. Sorry to hear this.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

ed lespaul

Lately shipping costs are out of control. Guitar shipping from somewhere I could drive to and pick it up, are around $50. Last year that would have cost between 20-25. I've bought a lot of guitars from that distance in the past, and it was nowhere that high to ship.

ed lespaul

Today I had a return to bring to Guitar Center, as well as bringing in my old Focusrite 18i20 for a trade in. It has been my "sound card", all around mixer since it came out. I put it in the car, and head out. When I take it out of the car, the mute button is missing for the monitor outs. I was fuming. This thing was in pristine condition. Not even scratches on it. Now I have to find the damn button, and the spring and out it back together. It was my workhorse for years, and got pissed that I was upgrading I guess :p. FFS, just what I wanted to do on my Sunday: Find a button and spring in the car. Can't wait.

But even without the trade-in, I picked up the upgrade. Software is way dumbed down from the old MixControl. It's already a headache, but I expected it. When you can do whatever you want in a piece of software, anything new is a pain in the ass, because it seemed so easy to you. I have to figure this nightmare out.

Also the new USB-C plug is so flimsy, if you move a cable close, and accidentally hit the usb cable, it pops out. Might be time for some electric tape (if I have any left, we use them for hockey pucks :D )

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I have a colleague that talks a lot. He also wears a lot of bracelets. He also moves his hands a lot when he talks...a lot. He therefor makes a lot of sound, with his mouth and with his hands. He also likes to randomly lift things on his desk when talking and smack down way too hard. He makes a lot of noise. It annoys me.....a lot!

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
I have a colleague that talks a lot. He also wears a lot of bracelets. He also moves his hands a lot when he talks...a lot. He therefor makes a lot of sound, with his mouth and with his hands. He also likes to randomly lift things on his desk when talking and smack down way too hard. He makes a lot of noise. It annoys me.....a lot!
The human maracas? :D