The "What pissed you off today" thread

ed lespaul

This is where I'm stupid as I'd have had that chat by now.

I'm the dull bugger who gets nominated to have the uncomfortable talk because 'senior', 'sensible' and 'sensitive' apparrently, so just as well get in first.

You are right though - ridiculous situation for you just because your director is avoiding the discussion he needs to have.
Trust me, I wanted to go off. But, I figured it was better to "go through channels". I had mixed emotions from meeting with HR. They listened to my concerns, but then told me that it could be a medical condition, or a cultural situation. Seriously? They said they would look into it.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Dear Royal Mail

Do your staff have any idea on what the word “fragile” means?
The trick is, from someone I know who worked for the post (not sure if it was Royal Mail, but in the UK, nonetheless), "Fragile" means almost nothing to anyone from sorting to delivery, but if your postman really likes you, they might take a bit of extra care, when they deliver it. Maybe.
For the pay and under the expectations of speed and efficiency that they're under (quantity over quality)... they basically don't have the time or energy (or spirit, or soul, or general life force) left in them, to care about a sticker that they're not required to read or respect, at the end of the day.
The final survival of the package depends almost entirely on how well the person packed the object (80% of responsibility), and how annoying the package is to move around, resulting in bumps and awkward shoves, etc, as it's sorted and transferred to trucks (20% responsibility).

Tl;dr, yeah, they know what it means, no, they don't really care. Mail system is dumb that way.

I lost my phone last night.....which also included my main bank card, ID card, driving licence and €70 in cash. No sign of it anywhere, it probably just dropped out of my pocket somewhere in the city. It's a pain having to block and replace everything, plus that's going to cost me more than €300 in total.

It's extremely rare that this sort of thing happens with me because I'm usually pretty careful about things like that, but no less annoying!

The only silver lining is that it happened the day before Black Friday so I was able to order a phone at a reduced price (although I don't know whether that one was already reduced beforehand).

mirage2101

I lost my phone last night.....which also included my main bank card, ID card, driving licence and €70 in cash. No sign of it anywhere, it probably just dropped out of my pocket somewhere in the city. It's a pain having to block and replace everything, plus that's going to cost me more than €300 in total.

It's extremely rare that this sort of thing happens with me because I'm usually pretty careful about things like that, but no less annoying!

The only silver lining is that it happened the day before Black Friday so I was able to order a phone at a reduced price (although I don't know whether that one was already reduced beforehand).
That sucks..
My wife had this a couple of years ago. So we activated find my iphone and a couple of days later it came online for 3 minutes somewhere in china..

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

Bad one mate, that sucks.

Wuzza

long time lurker
Me: ”Black Friday will be fun, time to pick up a good deal!”

Sweden: ”Black Friday is here! Enjoy 10% off on Yamaha products!”

Every year.:penguin:
Never took much notice of pricing before, but it was my B'day this week, and thought fuck it, I'll by myself some Star Wars Lego. (Yes, at 46 years old, and no I don't care what anyone thinks. :p)
Got a Snowspeeder at the start of the week for £25.
Had a bunch of "Black Friday" alerts on my phone today. Some were for aforementioned Lego, so I looked up the speeder. They had increased it to £35, and knocked £5 off.... Robbing bastards.......
Didn't piss me off, but would have if I'd have paid the "sale" price.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Really frustrated right now.

The strat I’m working on has knockoff “everything axe” pickups. I’m trying to wire it with a 5 way, a master tone and master volume that are both push pull. The volume being coil split and tone to engage bridge pickup regardless of switch position.

Try finding a schematic for that! So I’m trying to piece together 2 different schematics and trying to figure out the wire code. Grrr...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ed lespaul

Really frustrated right now.

The strat I’m working on has knockoff “everything axe” pickups. I’m trying to wire it with a 5 way, a master tone and master volume that are both push pull. The volume being coil split and tone to engage bridge pickup regardless of switch position.

Try finding a schematic for that! So I’m trying to piece together 2 different schematics and trying to figure out the wire code. Grrr...

Best bet is a multimeter. First find the pairs, the grounds, then you can map it.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Well I think I did, but not sure if I did it right...

That looks like some good homework, waiting to be graded by literally no one, but I hope it all works out, heh.
Very nice diagram work.
Now make sure it works and upload it on the internet for others like you. Spread the tone!

ed lespaul

My wife is really having a hard time this holiday season, the first without either of her parents.

Related, the realization that I can no longer use one of my favorite Christmas jokes: When me and my wife go to a Christmas party, or other function and someone asks where the kids are. My responses was always "They're seeing the Nut Cracker." The response was always "That's great!! Who brought them to see it." "Nobody. My mother in law is over the house watching them."

mirage2101

We had a sucky week. My brother his second kid was born. And that’s great but it is pretty confronting that we’re not having any luck in the kids department.
All the happy family Sinterklaas and Christmas stuff doesn’t really help so we’ll be spending the weekend nursing a headache.

EMM

I am the cat who walks by himself
Some people are really starting to fuck me off! I dont care how many questions you answered right on a piece of paper at school, or how “real” your job is (whatever the hell that means!)

In this day, that gives them the right to call people like me “dumb”, just because I’m aren’t as qualified but more creative art-wise!

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Some people are really starting to fuck me off! I dont care how many questions you answered right on a piece of paper at school, or how “real” your job is (whatever the hell that means!). In this day, that gives them the right to call people like me “dumb”, just because I’m aren’t as qualified but more creative art-wise!
Fuck 'em. They're just defensive because you can do something they can't.