The "What pissed you off today" thread

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
This country, with all it's stupid rules is starting to piss me off. All types of new laws make it impossible for people to save up and buy a house. Every time you get close they think of something. And that's just one of the issues I have. I've been thinking of looking into moving to another country, perhaps back home, but my wife is reluctant to leave her parents here. It it was up to me, I'd be living on a tropical island, where I've lived before for 18 years....

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
This country, with all it's stupid rules is starting to piss me off. All types of new laws make it impossible for people to save up and buy a house. Every time you get close they think of something. And that's just one of the issues I have. I've been thinking of looking into moving to another country, perhaps back home, but my wife is reluctant to leave her parents here. It it was up to me, I'd be living on a tropical island, where I've lived before for 18 years....
I'd be quite interested in hearing about what life on a tropical island is like.

How could anyone resist? I couldn’t! I know they got some courts there so there’s work for me ;)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'd be quite interested in hearing about what life on a tropical island is like.
It's slower paced and your closet is consists of mostly T-Shirts, Shorts and flip flops. The beach is always a 15-minute drive away and it doesn't matter if it's July of January, the water is always nice. 30 degrees Celsius all year around. New year's dive you say? Sure! And let's turn it into an hour long snorkel trip while we're at it. Christmas feels less Christmassy, but on the other hand, Christmas at the beach with a BBQ running is better that being cold.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
It's slower paced and your closet is consists of mostly T-Shirts, Shorts and flip flops. The beach is always a 15-minute drive away and it doesn't matter if it's July of January, the water is always nice. 30 degrees Celsius all year around. New year's dive you say? Sure! And let's turn it into an hour long snorkel trip while we're at it. Christmas feels less Christmassy, but on the other hand, Christmas at the beach with a BBQ running is better that being cold.
It sounds pretty cool.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I'm working on a Saturday, which is quite rare for me and I'm IT support for a drinks festive.
Basically means everyone is getting drunk except me. Fun.
I've had to do over Christmas week 'on call' before. This meant the usual round of family gatherings, which as I'm driving I'm not drinking anyway. BUT. I am getting paid. Made it a little more bearable.

mirage2101

Not pissed off as much as challenged me.. I figured i'd try my hand at the solo for enter sandman.
And that first bend while keeping the string above in its place while ringing is killing my fingers. It sounds great but i'm gonna practice this for a while to do it comfortable.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
My car's battery dies really quickly in this cold weather. I'm having trouble starting the car before there's no power left. It's annoying, I can get a jump start before work but if I can't start the car after work there won't be anyone around for a jump.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Time for a new battery, WG or worth getting it on charge while it's not in use? Modern lead acid car batteries are a PITA as their ability to hold charge doesn't gradually decline over time - more fall off the edge of a cliff.
I need to book it in to the garage for a few other minor things that need sorting out so I'll have them check it out. I'm charging this thing up in the hopes it can get me out of a spot before I can get the car booked in.

IMG_20191118_211725688.jpg

I'm not looking forward to waiting for buses while the cars being sorted, it's way too cold here tonight!