The "What pissed you off today" thread

Have you got it yet?
Just!

I was at work and checked throughout the day. UPS almost never delivers to my house before 5pm. I was off at 3:30 and figured it'd be okay. Checked at 2:45 and saw it was delivered at 2:21. So I wrapped things up and handed off what I could and left at 3. :D Been playing for about 20 minutes and I don't want to stop. This thing is a blast. Love it already.

ed lespaul

A friend of mine stopped over earlier in the week with a "strat" in hand. He said "It's yours. I don't want anything to do with it." He told me that a while back he won it on an auction site. He then wanted to upgrade some parts, and he bought a new pickguard. It didn't line up with the existing one. So, he called Fender, and told them the situation. After 15 minutes, they told him it wasn't a Fender guitar, even though the neck had a Fender water slide. At that point, he wanted it out of his site, and just gave it to me.

After he left, I started going over it. I was stunned at how bad this was. I couldn't get the strings out of the tremolo. When I turned the guitar over, I noticed that the back cover's holes didn't line up with the tremolo string slots. I removed the cover, and could not believe that I was looking at the bottom of the bridge pickup. It was routed too deeply, and the wood between the top and bottom was missing. I had to shim the neck a ridiculous amount to get it to a playable level.

I then noticed that the tuning pegs were loose. Every single screw hole, was stripped in the headstock. I got a piece of maple veneer and some wood glue. I made a couple of toothpick size pieces from the veneer, and added them to each of the screw holes, and let them dry. Then put the tuning pegs back in, and was able to tighten them down snugly.

I did a fret level, crown and polish, and the neck looked really nice now.

I had a partscaster around, and I swapped the necks, which made one halfway decent guitar, and one really nice playing guitar that looks and plays like a real strat.. I offered the guitar back to my friend, but he wants no part of it.

So, I'm putting both guitars on Craigslist...as Partscasters. I will not be lying to potential buyers, like the tool that scammed my friend. These people really bug me.

mirage2101

A friend of mine stopped over earlier in the week with a "strat" in hand. He said "It's yours. I don't want anything to do with it." He told me that a while back he won it on an auction site. He then wanted to upgrade some parts, and he bought a new pickguard. It didn't line up with the existing one. So, he called Fender, and told them the situation. After 15 minutes, they told him it wasn't a Fender guitar, even though the neck had a Fender water slide. At that point, he wanted it out of his site, and just gave it to me.

After he left, I started going over it. I was stunned at how bad this was. I couldn't get the strings out of the tremolo. When I turned the guitar over, I noticed that the back cover's holes didn't line up with the tremolo string slots. I removed the cover, and could not believe that I was looking at the bottom of the bridge pickup. It was routed too deeply, and the wood between the top and bottom was missing. I had to shim the neck a ridiculous amount to get it to a playable level.

I then noticed that the tuning pegs were loose. Every single screw hole, was stripped in the headstock. I got a piece of maple veneer and some wood glue. I made a couple of toothpick size pieces from the veneer, and added them to each of the screw holes, and let them dry. Then put the tuning pegs back in, and was able to tighten them down snugly.

I did a fret level, crown and polish, and the neck looked really nice now.

I had a partscaster around, and I swapped the necks, which made one halfway decent guitar, and one really nice playing guitar that looks and plays like a real strat.. I offered the guitar back to my friend, but he wants no part of it.

So, I'm putting both guitars on Craigslist...as Partscasters. I will not be lying to potential buyers, like the tool that scammed my friend. These people really bug me.
And this is why it's wrong to sell something with a fake brand on it.

mirage2101

Heh... you'd love our local Craigslist...

There was also a big ol' (very fake) Gibson SJ acoustic, that only said it was "A very, very good Chinese copy!" in the description, after all the other info.
Only $800.
Dear god.. Ok I know I'm preaching to the choir but still..
I mean copy a guitar shape. I'm fine with that. Call it chibson, pink banana or whatever. But don't pretend to be that other brand, be it Gibson or Fender or whatever. Sure Gibson is a big company and they can take something. But still imagine only half the stories about bad gibsons come from these things.
Imagine some guy decided our friend Lonestar makes nice guitars and puts lonestar branded pieces of junk online. A couple of bad reviews later and he could be out of business. That's just wrong.

Neilybob100

Dear god.. Ok I know I'm preaching to the choir but still..
I mean copy a guitar shape. I'm fine with that. Call it chibson, pink banana or whatever. But don't pretend to be that other brand, be it Gibson or Fender or whatever. Sure Gibson is a big company and they can take something. But still imagine only half the stories about bad gibsons come from these things.
Imagine some guy decided our friend Lonestar makes nice guitars and puts lonestar branded pieces of junk online. A couple of bad reviews later and he could be out of business. That's just wrong.
#WWMAS

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Neilybob100

It's the last day of my week off from work.

I will be -

1. Not turning on my work phone to see how many of hundreds of emails I have (even though they all know I was on holiday).
2. Not thinking about what meetings I have tomorrow.
3. Not worrying about the things that might have gone wrong while I was away.
4. Staying up as late as I can stay awake tonight to prolong my week off and make myself feel like s#ite tomorrow.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

EMM

I am the cat who walks by himself
I’m starting to really loathe modern society!
It seems that decent people don’t succeed in anything, and yet the “Veruca Salts” of the world are treated like royalty! It makes me sick!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Fender released this today:
https://www.musicradar.com/news/fen...dels-as-the-american-ultra-series-is-unveiled

They've been hyping it for a few days. It's really just a slightly upgraded American Elite, which was a slightly upgrade American Deluxe. Nothing new. Nothing fancy. Seriously Fender, why bother saying it's so different...

I was expecting them to jump on the Suhr/Ibanez AZ wagon with roasted necks, full range pickups...something truly modern.

Got the wrong date for my taxes so I had to pay them earlier than expected; Put me in the hole for the rest of the month. Not a real problem but an annoyance seeing as the largest guitar store in the country went bust and started selling all their stock at 30% -> 50% -> 80% sale. Bad timing but that's on me for not bothering reading mail from the government. :p

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I’m starting to really loathe modern society!
It seems that decent people don’t succeed in anything, and yet the “Veruca Salts” of the world are treated like royalty! It makes me sick!
There does appear to be a lot of 'failing upwards' these days. I think it's probably always been the same it's just more visible now. Also there is a quote I heard once (which quite appropriately I can't find who said it). "You can achieve almost anything so long as you don't want to take credit for it".

EMM

I am the cat who walks by himself
There does appear to be a lot of 'failing upwards' these days. I think it's probably always been the same it's just more visible now. Also there is a quote I heard once (which quite appropriately I can't find who said it). "You can achieve almost anything so long as you don't want to take credit for it".
I’ve also heard that quote before, it really sums up how I feel quite well, with all the brown-nosers around.

My mother got really pissed off at work lately about the cleanliness standards of her workplace (she works in foodservice), so she put a polite comment in the report book about it, only to have it RIPPED OUT by her boss!

Apparently, it’s more acceptable these days to have flies and rats milling about your restaurant than to have a nice, clean and hygienic environment for your patrons!

You can do a really good job and be extremely poor, or you can do fuck all and lick the arse of the boss while he/she takes the credit!

It takes the piss!

mirage2101

I’ve also heard that quote before, it really sums up how I feel quite well, with all the brown-nosers around.

My mother got really pissed off at work lately about the cleanliness standards of her workplace (she works in foodservice), so she put a polite comment in the report book about it, only to have it RIPPED OUT by her boss!

Apparently, it’s more acceptable these days to have flies and rats milling about your restaurant than to have a nice, clean and hygienic environment for your patrons!

You can do a really good job and be extremely poor, or you can do fuck all and lick the arse of the boss while he/she takes the credit!

It takes the piss!
This pisses me off because of a completely other reason.
"Bosses" like this give management a bad name. Good management is needed to make a company work. More for some then for others but generally speaking.
I work my ass off every day to make sure my people can do their work, have what they need, are doing the right things, get their coaching, get their courses, are protected when customers are unreasonable, keep upper management off their backs when they're pissed about something little, argue with upper management that I really need more people when the workload gets too high etc. And that's only half my job because I need to make sure we're doing the right things in the actual work too. I have to judge plans, give permission to break security standards, make up those same standards..
And as soon as I tell people I'm manager at an IT company the first thing people say is "oh so you weren't fit for another job" "oh that must be nice to be able to have others do all the work for you" "All your incompetence finally payed off"
It's gotten so far that I generally say I'm fleet manager when I first meet people to avoid the discussion about both IT and management.

I fully agree that there are people who shouldnt have made management. That someone is good at his job doesn't make him a good fit for management. Just having the money to start a company doesn't make you a good manager. But generally managers and bosses in any form or shape are hard working people who want the best for their teams and company.

ed lespaul

My annual foray into an ear infection really blows. Nothing I can't live with, or stop me from going to work, but that feeling of an ice pick in the side of my head from time to really blows.