The "What pissed you off today" thread

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
So as seen in the GAS thread, I did a thing. Ordered it from Thomann, because they were cheapest. I e-mailed them, is it a new model or one from the showroom and do you guys do a quality check before shipping. They guaranteed it was a new one and said the distributors usually do the QC, so they don't. Ok. Fine. I received the guitar yesterday. My first reaction was FUCK YOU THOMANN!

There was a big crack in the paint at the neckplate. The pickups were scratched very badly. The setup was extremely poor. I mean, I don't mind doing a little bit of setup on a new guitar to make it to my taste, but this was no setup at all. This could have been prevented with a simple QC. Now they spent money shipping it to me and they have to spend money getting it back, not to mention they wasted my time and disappointed me. I am not going to be ordering a replacement from Thomann.
So I arranged for the guitar to be returned. Thomann replied asking me to send pictures so they can arrange replacement. I have 30 days to return items with money back, no questions asked. I told them I don't want replacement. Not ordering there again. No reply. In the end, it took a phone call where I had to explain the whole thing again for them to finally send me a shipping label and initiate a refund. Going to a local shop tonight. I befriended one of the sales guys there. He said he would make me a good deal. Let's see.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
The flooring for the bathroom was put down this morning only it was put down with the pattern going in the wrong direction. We asked for it to be put down the other way when we were in the shop, they suggested it be put in the way wanted and the guy that put it in said he'd usually put it down that way too. I only found out after it was put down. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
The flooring for the bathroom was put down this morning only it was put down with the pattern going in the wrong direction. We asked for it to be put down the other way when we were in the shop, they suggested it be put in the way wanted and the guy that put it in said he'd usually put it down that way too. I only found out after it was put down. Grrrrrrrrrrr!
Oof, bad one. Are they going to do anything about it?

The previously celebrated MGTF of many colours from the 'what put a smile on your face' thread got stuck in 4th gear on the way back from town this afternoon.:(

On the positive side - made it back home under our own steam. . . just.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Hay fever. It's been way worse this year. I've not suffered much at all for years but the last couple of months have let me know that I still have it. I didn't take an anti histamine either, it was miserable out when we set out this morning but turned into a glorious day. Itchy eyes!!!

ed lespaul

I am 1 week into a 2 week vacation (stay-cation), and I'm thinking of going to work tomorrow. With the headaches of my wife always having to go to her step father's house to take care of some inane bullshit, I'm better off at work. This jerkoff wore my mother-in-law down to the point that she couldn't recover from a botched procedure, and passed away, and he's trying to do the same thing to my wife. It's fucking annoying.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
So I arranged for the guitar to be returned. Thomann replied asking me to send pictures so they can arrange replacement. I have 30 days to return items with money back, no questions asked. I told them I don't want replacement. Not ordering there again. No reply. In the end, it took a phone call where I had to explain the whole thing again for them to finally send me a shipping label and initiate a refund. Going to a local shop tonight. I befriended one of the sales guys there. He said he would make me a good deal. Let's see.
Thomann, I do not want an exchange. I want a refund. I told you I am ordering the guitar somewhere else. Thomann says, no problem.

Thomann, I see the credit in my account, but where are you transferring the money? Thomann says, we gave you €1000+ in store credit, but we could do Paypal if you really wish....

Jesus Christ, Thomann. How much clearer can I be. I am not ordering a replacement from you. I just want my money back!

Chili Hobbes

So much time, and so little to do.
In my opinion you have to get things like that fixed. It would just irritate the hell out me every time I saw it.
I agree. I got my bathroom torn to brickwork and redone a few years ago. The tiling was (in my opinion) sloppy in one area, and I pointed it out to the boss when he came to check in how it was going. He asked me "can you live with it?". I was pretty surprised, so I asked him back "would you?".

It got fixed that day. You can feel a bit of a prick asking for stuff to get redone, but the alternative is living with it daily.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I agree. I got my bathroom torn to brickwork and redone a few years ago. The tiling was (in my opinion) sloppy in one area, and I pointed it out to the boss when he came to check in how it was going. He asked me "can you live with it?". I was pretty surprised, so I asked him back "would you?".

It got fixed that day. You can feel a bit of a prick asking for stuff to get redone, but the alternative is living with it daily.
I'd rather be a prick than be annoyed by a job not done well. If it bothers them that they have to redo the job, then they should have done it right the first time. But that's me. I can be a bit of an ass sometimes.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
I'd rather be a prick than be annoyed by a job not done well. If it bothers them that they have to redo the job, then they should have done it right the first time. But that's me. I can be a bit of an ass sometimes.
It is not you who is an ass - it's them for trying to play that trick on you.

I usually say: "If I wanted the job done by an idiot then I would have done it myself". Yeah - I can also play tricks ... :mad:

Speedin Bob

Getcho Groovy Face ON!
Full successful test and accurately describe an item to sell with clear wording said item functions perfectly, is sold AS IS, and NO refunds or returns.

Item sold for a NICE price, checked it again before packing it to withstand a mortar round, shipped within 48 hours, delivered to buyer three days later.

two weeks later:

You said it was working and it doesn't, it is a piece of crap, wants a refund, and for me to do the right thing.

The right thing was to have let me know of any issues as soon as you received it. not too weeks. You bought it AS-IS with no refunds.

Respectfully, NO!