The "What pissed you off today" thread

Not today, but I can't forget this event and it will haunt me for a long time.

I saw Symphony X live a few months ago. Now keep in mind this is one of my favorite bands of all time, and Michael Romeo is possibly my favorite guitarist. I was there in second row watching Romeo sweep pick and making eye contact with him and Russell Allen. It was impressive and awesome, there was so much going on I could only stand there and stare. Anyway, the concert ends and something hits me in the eyebrow. Seconds later I realized I almost certainly got hit by Romeo's pick which he flicked at the audience and being the blind bat I am I couldn't see it coming and couldn't find it on the floor.

And that's the story of how I almost got Mike Romeo's guitar pick but didn't.

ed lespaul

It's over 3 weeks that my cabinet is sitting in customs abyss. Maybe I'll have it by Christmas. Thomann finally saw this as a problem and finally asked DHL to run a trace on it, to see if it even exists anymore.

FedEx can eat my ass and balls.
They delivered my package to the wrong house - not for the first, or third time - and have denied my claim. My house number is the same as one around the corner, and our street names have the same first 2 letters. In the past we have taken things to that house and they have brought ours. But I guess they moved. When I went to check there a few days after my package was marked delivered, the house was empty and no box was there.

Never going to use them for anything again. Any retailers I buy from who only use FedEx will not get my money anymore, and those who offer alternatives, regardless of whether the price might be higher, will be sending my things UPS or USPS.

I'm also rooting for the fucking storm in Cast Away now.

They delivered my package to the wrong house - not for the first, or third time - and have denied my claim. My house number is the same as one around the corner, and our street names have the same first 2 letters. In the past we have taken things to that house and they have brought ours. But I guess they moved. When I went to check there a few days after my package was marked delivered, the house was empty and no box was there.

Never going to use them for anything again. Any retailers I buy from who only use FedEx will not get my money anymore, and those who offer alternatives, regardless of whether the price might be higher, will be sending my things UPS or USPS.

That’s very f-ed up! But still, this can’t beat the fact that you can only root for Wilson...! :O

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

Bad one.

mirage2101

I had to get some stuff out of the garden because it's getting an overhaul next week. So I drag the 70kg weighing bbq in.. Lift the heavy as fuck art thing my wife loves and put it in a safe spot..
And when I pick up a plastic green house thing weighing only a fraction of those other two things my back decides it's had enough. Now it's not like I'm down for the count it's just sore muscles. So I can still move around.. But my running plans for today are canceled :(

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I had to get some stuff out of the garden because it's getting an overhaul next week. So I drag the 70kg weighing bbq in.. Lift the heavy as fuck art thing my wife loves and put it in a safe spot..
And when I pick up a plastic green house thing weighing only a fraction of those other two things my back decides it's had enough. Now it's not like I'm down for the count it's just sore muscles. So I can still move around.. But my running plans for today are canceled :(
Bad one man, pulled muscles are a pain (no pun intended).

Soap Distant

The Big Kahuna (again!)
I've been back at work for a week, after 2 weeks off with Sciatica, caused by a herniated disc. If there's anything more painful, I don't know what it is.

The problem is, unless someone has had a very badly injured back (or intercostal muscles, I tear mine quite often), you'll get fuck-all sympathy.

The worst thing is, I'd just managed to wean myself off Codeine after 2 years of high doses (like a twat, I stopped taking it...Codeine withdrawal is a bastard), and I had to go back on that and Diazepam for my back.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I've been back at work for a week, after 2 weeks off with Sciatica, caused by a herniated disc. If there's anything more painful, I don't know what it is.

The problem is, unless someone has had a very badly injured back (or intercostal muscles, I tear mine quite often), you'll get fuck-all sympathy.

The worst thing is, I'd just managed to wean myself off Codeine after 2 years of high doses (like a twat, I stopped taking it...Codeine withdrawal is a bastard), and I had to go back on that and Diazepam for my back.
That sucks man. I don't like Codeine at all, every time I've had to take it constipates me.

mirage2101

Two dutch guys were arrested at Ziget in Hungary. They were spreading price lists for various types of drugs and had a stock worth around 300k street value. They were noticed because there was a line in front of their tent of people who wanted to buy drugs.

So on the news their lawyer was saying "They're just young guys who made a mistake"

No.. Just %^$#&$#!@ no.. A mistake is if you have a joint left in your backpack and get caught with it. A mistake if is you have 2 pills on you and you let yourself to be convinced to sell a half to an undercover cop. Driving 1400ish km with a trunk full of drugs is large scale selling. They fully knew what they were getting into.. They're $#!@$#@! criminals! don't make it sound like it's "just a mistake"..

bloody idiots.. they deserve whatever prison penalty they get from the Hungarian court.

Ordered studded running shoes for the winter. Ordered a size larger than usual; Too big. Ordered the regular size; Way too small. No half-sizes available (at all) and every alternative to the brand was only available in child-sized 9's. I hate living in this shithole of a country.

Two dutch guys were arrested at Ziget in Hungary. They were spreading price lists for various types of drugs and had a stock worth around 300k street value. They were noticed because there was a line in front of their tent of people who wanted to buy drugs.

So on the news their lawyer was saying "They're just young guys who made a mistake"

No.. Just %^$#&$#!@ no.. A mistake is if you have a joint left in your backpack and get caught with it. A mistake if is you have 2 pills on you and you let yourself to be convinced to sell a half to an undercover cop. Driving 1400ish km with a trunk full of drugs is large scale selling. They fully knew what they were getting into.. They're $#!@$#@! criminals! don't make it sound like it's "just a mistake"..

bloody idiots.. they deserve whatever prison penalty they get from the Hungarian court.
First thing to note is that the lawyer tries to plead a defence as good as possible. What media report is more often than not a representation of what police and DA want to communicate as their scenario. The actual facts may very well be way more nuanced. Some lawyers can do bullshit very well but there’s a lot of realistic fellas out there too.

In my work I encounter lots (like a lot of lots....!) of drug cases, from simple possession to full scale Pablo-trafficing and production. If there’s one thing to counter the bullshit of ‘the war on drugs’ then it is the fact that this shit can not ever be repressed.

Humans have taken drug equivalences since the beginning of time. Taking them on as criminals is the cause if the problem. The root is the illegallity of it. Demand makes supply, which makes it profitable and recently something many ‘proper class’ people take a chance on, be it the actrice in Belgium, these athletes in Hungary or that Employee of the DA in Germany from a couple weeks back.

I’m very pro-handling that shit like alcohol. That’s no reason to let drugs be considered ‘normal’ but so isn’t alcohol in the workplace or in traffic. It save the taxpayer tons and we could add negative counterbalance to users by charging them extra for healthcare even remotely suspected to be caused by overuse of damaging junk. It takes literally thousands of pages and hunderds of invested hours to get enough evidence for a simple suspicion, where a proper conviction is even far far off. There’s an enormously strict omerta in that world so 9/10 you can only get your evidence in a very, very circumstantial sense.

Politics jump on a high horse judging these substances while remaining totally blind for pragmatism and realism in attacking the cause of the problem.

And should anyone have any doubt of my intentions: I absolutely detest 90% of drugged people, have never felt the need or urge to take some and never will, but what worries me a lot is the secondary crime that is the consequence of drugs being illegal. Littering drug residues, violence and theft with and without the use of all sorts of guns, fire hazardous situations and so forth and so on.

mirage2101

First thing to note is that the lawyer tries to plead a defence as good as possible. What media report is more often than not a representation of what police and DA want to communicate as their scenario. The actual facts may very well be way more nuanced. Some lawyers can do bullshit very well but there’s a lot of realistic fellas out there too.

In my work I encounter lots (like a lot of lots....!) of drug cases, from simple possession to full scale Pablo-trafficing and production. If there’s one thing to counter the bullshit of ‘the war on drugs’ then it is the fact that this shit can not ever be repressed.

Humans have taken drug equivalences since the beginning of time. Taking them on as criminals is the cause if the problem. The root is the illegallity of it. Demand makes supply, which makes it profitable and recently something many ‘proper class’ people take a chance on, be it the actrice in Belgium, these athletes in Hungary or that Employee of the DA in Germany from a couple weeks back.

I’m very pro-handling that shit like alcohol. That’s no reason to let drugs be considered ‘normal’ but so isn’t alcohol in the workplace or in traffic. It save the taxpayer tons and we could add negative counterbalance to users by charging them extra for healthcare even remotely suspected to be caused by overuse of damaging junk. It takes literally thousands of pages and hunderds of invested hours to get enough evidence for a simple suspicion, where a proper conviction is even far far off. There’s an enormously strict omerta in that world so 9/10 you can only get your evidence in a very, very circumstantial sense.

Politics jump on a high horse judging these substances while remaining totally blind for pragmatism and realism in attacking the cause of the problem.

And should anyone have any doubt of my intentions: I absolutely detest 90% of drugged people, have never felt the need or urge to take some and never will, but what worries me a lot is the secondary crime that is the consequence of drugs being illegal. Littering drug residues, violence and theft with and without the use of all sorts of guns, fire hazardous situations and so forth and so on.
I agree that drugs should be handled more like alchohol. And maybe we need to have a talk about alchohol as well. But until a country decides to change it's laws to legalize and regulate drugs it's illegal. Appearantly there's a market and people want to use drugs so let's make sure they do it in a controlled and safe way.

What annoys me to no end is the lawyer. Yes his job is to defend them. But saying it's a mistake of a couple of young guys is saying it's the same as driving around on a scooter that's going too fast. "Oh we all did that when we were young so let's give them a small penalty and send them on their way". This is not naivety. Sure those guys don't deserve a Thai prison or something like that. But the implication that it's an honest mistake REALLY gets me going.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've been wondering why the big 120 Watt Peavey heads are so cheap nowadays. I remember the 6505 always being about €1200 and the 6505+ about €1500. They are now both under €900. Musik Produktiv even lists them at €820. That's a steel..until I noticed something. The production has moved to CHINA! WHYYYY. These were Made in USA Tanks. I do hope the sound and quality will remain good.