The "What pissed you off today" thread

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I'm getting to the point where I'm looking at how much my pension would be worth. I can take a lump sum (and pay some income tax) or get an annuity. The annuity works out about the same as having the money under the bed and taking out the yearly figure they suggest until I'm much older than the current average life expectancy. They have been charging me a fee every year for 'administration', taking a cut of the interest earned, want to keep the interest earned after I retire AND keep what's left if I die before an extraordinarily long life. Bastards. Oh and when the stock market took a dive they lost a load of my money.

I'm more pissed off by the fake outrage surrounding that video. People who would have hated on Gibson anyway decided that this was completely outrageous and that Gibson should have donated the faulty guitars, all while ignoring the fully functioning guitars Gibson donate all the time. Maybe people should stop feeling entitled to other people's property.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I was crouching down at a cupboard in the kitchen, lost my balance and went careering backward while trying to get up. I didn't stop until I hit the wall the other side of the kitchen sending me scraping down it and the bulbs I was getting smashing around me.

I'm ok, my back/neck's a bit sore and I don't have much skin left on my elbow. I'm just greatfull I didn't smack my head.

While I was cleaning the elbow wound Kerry noticed the hinges on the new sink cupboard has already heavily rusted. I had to try and communicate with the shop while getting everything ready for work while running behind on time because of the fall.

I'm hoping the rest of the day is less eventful.

mirage2101

Internet and tv have been down for the past 8 hours and all they are saying is that there is a problem. Yes thank you I got that. Give me details! I get they can’t say when it’s fixed but is it a bodged upgrade? Broken hardware? A broken cable?? Tell me!!

beans & rice

Maybe people should stop feeling entitled to other people's property.
Dictating how people should feel about things isn't much different. Just saying.
It's right up there with people who think they have a right to tell me how to spend my money. :p

I should add, I don't care what Gibson did with them. I mean, if they had ground them up and sold them as powdered tiger dick to rich dopes looking to bust a nut, it would have at least been funny. :D

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I tried to return something to Thomann. They are saying for the first 14 days it's free and from then until 30 days I have to pay for the return. It's the 15th day. On the page where you can handle returns this is not mentioned ANYWHERE. Not exactly thrilled with Thomann at the moment. It reminds me why I usually prefer to shop locally.

I tried to return something to Thomann. They are saying for the first 14 days it's free and from then until 30 days I have to pay for the return. It's the 15th day. On the page where you can handle returns this is not mentioned ANYWHERE. Not exactly thrilled with Thomann at the moment. It reminds me why I usually prefer to shop locally.

It's in their Terms and Conditions, §4 which is referred to in their "Help Section" for returns but not on the actual returns page. Very sneaky, especially when they deal in larger shipments that could get very expensive for the customer. If they advertised their free returns I don't even think it would be legal to hide the time limit but since they don't seem to mention the cost it is what it is. :ninja:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
It's in their Terms and Conditions, §4 which is referred to in their "Help Section" for returns but not on the actual returns page. Very sneaky, especially when they deal in larger shipments that could get very expensive for the customer. If they advertised their free returns I don't even think it would be legal to hide the time limit but since they don't seem to mention the cost it is what it is. :ninja:
It's hidden quite well. I understand, the rules are the rules, but any customer service oriented store should not make such a big deal out of being one day too late.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
The three women sitting through all the credits. The key to open one of tomorrows film only just opened so I have work to do before I can leave and there's about 10 minuites of credits. Please go home!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Sorry - that has been me in the past. But as an old giffer, I don't leave it until the last showing - wouldn't stay awake!
Sorry that is also me. They started putting in post credit sequences. Blame the studios.
I'd understand if it was a superhero movie, post credit scenes are pretty much the norm and I'd also understand if it was a small indy/art house film because the people that come to see them are really into it but they were watching The Lion King! :D

They can stay if they want, they paid after all, it's just a bit of a pain for me when it's the last film and I still have work to do. I've been locked in the building because of this before today, everyone else packs up and leaves! I have very little time to sort things out at the end of the night.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'd understand if it was a superhero movie, post credit scenes are pretty much the norm and I'd also understand if it was a small indy/art house film because the people that come to see them are really into it but they were watching The Lion King! :D

They can stay if they want, they paid after all, it's just a bit of a pain for me when it's the last film and I still have work to do. I've been locked in the building because of this before today, everyone else packs up and leaves! I have very little time to sort things out at the end of the night.
Doing that with the Lion King is a bit of a dickish move. You KNOW there's no extra scene.....