The "What pissed you off today" thread

ed lespaul

Some jerkoff was selling an amp, and was asking $350. The ad said "Make an offer, want to move it quickly." In a response to someone's question, he said he was selling it because he lost his job. So, I offered $300. The clown took down the post and re-posted it for $200 more, which is fine. The part that made him a jerkoff is his message:

"The price change was made to reflect the low-ball offers I received at such great price to begin with, I had to adjust to avoid such offers."

'Make offers' doesn't mean 'start bidding' asshat. You want bids, put it on eBay.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I used my new shower for the first time today only to find that you can hardly adjust the shower head angle. It shoots the water to the back of the enclosure while I want it in the front part. Balls! If the enclosure was smaller it would be completely useless, I can't believe this design is sold with so little room for adjustment.

After some research I found a 45 degree adapter that I think will solve the issue. I have my fingers crossed because I really don't want to have to change things again.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Some jerkoff was selling an amp, and was asking $350. The ad said "Make an offer, want to move it quickly." In a response to someone's question, he said he was selling it because he lost his job. So, I offered $300. The clown took down the post and re-posted it for $200 more, which is fine. The part that made him a jerkoff is his message:

"The price change was made to reflect the low-ball offers I received at such great price to begin with, I had to adjust to avoid such offers."

'Make offers' doesn't mean 'start bidding' asshat. You want bids, put it on eBay.
Offer $300 again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I found the cat that comes to visit us on our bed today, I have no idea how he got in, he's a bloody ninja. I'm pissed off because there's loads of flees around and next door are having a huge problem with them. All bed clothes were slung into the wash before I went out.

The first thing I find when I get to work? A freaking flee on me! Not amused!

ed lespaul

I found the cat that comes to visit us on our bed today, I have no idea how he got in, he's a bloody ninja. I'm pissed off because there's loads of flees around and next door are having a huge problem with them. All bed clothes were slung into the wash before I went out.

The first thing I find when I get to work? A freaking flee on me! Not amused!
Duuuuuude. Bad one. I dealt with fleas once in my life, when my cat brought them home. That was once too many times.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
It's happened once before, it took a while to get rid of them but we got there. I'm just worried that these Fleas are the same one they have next door, they had their house fumigated but it made no difference.
It might be that their cats keep bringing them back in again. We used to use Front Line (Fipronil) on the cats to keep them flea free but after a few years that stopped working and we had go on to the even more expensive Advacate (Imidacloprid and Moxidectin).

I'm trying to sort out funding in case I need to buy property soon (either buying out the other half of my house, or buying a new place). I've been enquiring about getting an advance on my pension savings and I just got a reply from one of the insurance companies. I can have an advance, but they want to charge me 7.5% interest per year for borrowing my own fucking money! And they only pay out about 2% a year on the money when it's invested in their company. I really hate insurance companies!

mirage2101

It might be that their cats keep bringing them back in again. We used to use Front Line (Fipronil) on the cats to keep them flea free but after a few years that stopped working and we had go on to the even more expensive Advacate (Imidacloprid and Moxidectin).
I'm not sure of the brand, we have stuff that we have to spray in the back of it's neck to keep our one-eyed hairy monster flea free.. There's also some kind of pill that works as well and doesn't bother him as much but our vet doesn't have it in stock often. I can imagine @Wade Garrett just spraying the fleabag.. They hate the smell so it might keep him out for a while too.

I'm trying to sort out funding in case I need to buy property soon (either buying out the other half of my house, or buying a new place). I've been enquiring about getting an advance on my pension savings and I just got a reply from one of the insurance companies. I can have an advance, but they want to charge me 7.5% interest per year for borrowing my own fucking money! And they only pay out about 2% a year on the money when it's invested in their company. I really hate insurance companies!
This is the reason I have half my pension in my own private managed pension fund. The large fund that's taken care of by my company also has this kind of rules. I don't think taking an advance is even possible. If I want to pay out my own fund it'll cost 0.2% and I have to pay income tax over it again (because I didn't in the first place)

7.5% Is insane in the current market. There has to be a better way..

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I'm not sure of the brand, we have stuff that we have to spray in the back of it's neck to keep our one-eyed hairy monster flea free.. There's also some kind of pill that works as well and doesn't bother him as much but our vet doesn't have it in stock often. I can imagine @Wade Garrett just spraying the fleabag.. They hate the smell so it might keep him out for a while too.

This is the reason I have half my pension in my own private managed pension fund. The large fund that's taken care of by my company also has this kind of rules. I don't think taking an advance is even possible. If I want to pay out my own fund it'll cost 0.2% and I have to pay income tax over it again (because I didn't in the first place)

Kerry treats him with something every now and then, he was always showing up with flees in the past. He's been clean for months but this weather seems to be heaven for flees and we just can't get rid of them. Our neighbour gave us some left over treatment her vet gave her to try as well, no good so far.

I've set up some flee traps in the house - point a lamp into a saucer of water and washing up soap. They jump at the light, fry themselves then drown in the water. The only carpeted room is going to get some salt on the floor, it dries them up.

I don't like flees.

Much the same here, I think that company pensions are a pretty bad deal. Unfortunately, though, if I have to buy out our current house, I will have to empty out all of my investments. It's a severe bummer!

mirage2101

Much the same here, I think that company pensions are a pretty bad deal. Unfortunately, though, if I have to buy out our current house, I will have to empty out all of my investments. It's a severe bummer!
That's pretty nasty... I imagine that'll lead to issues in the future if you do that?

(I would like your message except I kinda refuse to like such sucky news)

That's pretty nasty... I imagine that'll lead to issues in the future if you do that?
If I borrow money from my pensions, I have to pay it back at some point - and pay exorbitant interest in the meantime.

For the rest, it will bring my own pension investments down to zero which is a bummer because it resets my pension savings at the age of 50...on the other hand, I would own all of the house so I can downsize later to release capital...big picture is that retirement (or life in general) on your own is always going to be more expensive than life with a partner, but that presupposes that you don't have a partner who lies to you and betrays you.

The alternatives are either buying a different house, which will cost me something around €30-50k in taxes plus moving / furniture / renovation expenses, or renting a place (with a workshop for my guitar-building, not easy) and not owning property any more. None of the above is what I'd call a positive option.

Shame, really!