The "What pissed you off today" thread

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Colleagues who are away for months with a burnout, only to come back to work part time and continuing with their exact same habits. I wonder how long it will take before the next burnout hits. Not long, if she doesn't accept our help and keeps being her own stubborn self.

It's all fine and dandy, but it's kind of ruining the atmosphere at work.

mirage2101

Colleagues who are away for months with a burnout, only to come back to work part time and continuing with their exact same habits. I wonder how long it will take before the next burnout hits. Not long, if she doesn't accept our help and keeps being her own stubborn self.

It's all fine and dandy, but it's kind of ruining the atmosphere at work.
I've dealt with this situation often and I have two nuggets of wisdom to share:
- You can't help people who don't want help. They have to WANT to change something.
- You (and your colleagues) shouldn't be helping her primarily. Depending on the burnout you need a coach to change work habits, or a psychologist if there's a deeper cause.

I'm happy to eleborate about the how and why in PM or another thread. But I'll keep it short here.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've dealt with this situation often and I have two nuggets of wisdom to share:
- You can't help people who don't want help. They have to WANT to change something.
- You (and your colleagues) shouldn't be helping her primarily. Depending on the burnout you need a coach to change work habits, or a psychologist if there's a deeper cause.

I'm happy to elaborate about the how and why in PM or another thread. But I'll keep it short here.
Oh I know how to deal with it in that sense. It was one of my specializations during university. We are not helping het with her burnout. What I mean is since her first day, everybody has been willing to help her out just with work, like colleagues do. If you don't know something, ask, and you will get the help. She has always refused and always said 'yes but, this and that'. She always knows better, an everything is always more complicated when she's is handling it. When she is out of office for weeks, nothing is complicated and the others just do their job. So we have long ago concluded that she doesn't want help, so we don't help her. She then translates that as everybody is against her. The few times she asks, we help.

It seems she is seeing some sort of coach, but I guess he or she is getting the same the result as nothing has changed. She just left the office screaming. I know what she's angry about, but it's something so stupid and simple. It's a daily occurrence...multiple times a day even. Just handle it. She makes it seem as if the world is ending.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I already caught the first one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then you're off the hook!

As for me....I have an ad for my Peavey Butcher on a Dutch website. A guy offers to trade for his 6505, gets all excitedm sends pictures, promises more pictures..then never replies again. It's so annoying and so difficult to sell second hand gear these days. Too many assholes trolling.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Kerry's dad had a stroke this morning. I've had to go to work because we have a live performance today but she has gone over to her parents house. We got the news around 12pm and I just heard from her that the ambulance still isn't there almost two hours later..

Last edited:
Kerry's dad had a stroke this morning. I've had to go to work because we have a live performance today but she has gone over to her parents house. We got the news around 12pm and I just heard from her that the ambulance still isn't there almost two hours later..
Frustrating as hell, the GP kept my dad at his office the whole morning instead of the hospital cause he didn’t see the strokes dad was having. I had a test in high school that morning. Way to feel powerless.

My best wishes to both you and Kerry as well as her Dad!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Some would happy with this. I've been extremely busy at work this week, only to come in on Friday...inbox empty and nothing to do. This is going to be a looooong day.

beans & rice

Not once, not twice, but thrice bitten by (a) black widow spider(s) on Wednesday. And no fucking cool super powers to show for it. Just gigantic itchy welts that hurt and look like targets, the occasional feeling of having a mild heart attack, muscle soreness, dizziness and trouble breathing. Got me on my left forearm, right tricep and left tit.
But, give it a few days and I'll either be dead, or better. :spider::spider::spider:
Probably better. ;) Not much you can do for it except wait it out.

I realized they were spider bites yesterday morning after I got up, and when I was out and damn near passed out I knew things were gonna be rough.
Still went in this morning for a couple hours to get things in order after being closed for the 4th of July. But I was really hagging it after 2 hours and took off. Not going in tomorrow either, and then I have Sunday and Monday off, so that should give me time to recoup enough to feel better.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Not once, not twice, but thrice bitten by (a) black widow spider(s) on Wednesday. And no fucking cool super powers to show for it. Just gigantic itchy welts that hurt and look like targets, the occasional feeling of having a mild heart attack, muscle soreness, dizziness and trouble breathing. Got me on my left forearm, right tricep and left tit.
But, give it a few days and I'll either be dead, or better. :spider::spider::spider:

I realized they were spider bites yesterday morning after I got up, and when I was out and damn near passed out I knew things were gonna be rough.
Still went in this morning for a couple hours to get things in order after being closed for the 4th of July. But I was really hagging it after 2 hours and took off. Not going in tomorrow either, and then I have Sunday and Monday off, so that should give me time to recoup enough to feel better.
Bad one mate, hope you feel better soon.

ed lespaul

Damn, no doctor visit?

beans & rice

Nah, there's not much you can do anyway, except work to reduce pain and watch for possible infection. By the time I realized they were spider bites it was too late to bother with antivenin, and the side-effects of that can be just as bad as the bite.
It works itself through. Blood pressure is good.

Chu

@Wade Garrett mate, hope you and Kerry are holding up.

As to what I came here for originally, this is just why I get annoyed with people that are so proud of their divisive opinions..... It's usually based on bullshit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

'I'm a hard player, and I know for a fact I'd snap the headstock right off a Gibson Les Paul just playing like I normally do. All it takes is one wild bend on the G string and *CRACK!*, busted headstock.

Why would the headstock break? Because it's well known to be the weakest part of the Paul guitar, even on brand new ones. The #1 guitar repair is fixing busted Paul headstocks. Ask any luthier.

Whenever anyone has let me play their Les Paul, I can see the nervousness in their eyes because I'm actually playing a guitar how it was meant to be played - but you obviously can't do that with a Paul because they can't handle it. Whenever a Paul is in my hands, I have to constantly keep reminding myself, "Okay.. this is a Paul. Have to be careful with this fragile stupid thing.. man this sucks! Someone give me a Strat..."

------------------'---------------------------------------------------

I'm not even sure how I stumbled across his site but he's just an utter arse. I know it gets dull if everyone is overly PC and polite, avoiding controversial opinions but the trouble is that often controversial opinions are heavily based on bullshit. Whoever snapped off their headstock bending a string? I never nursed my LPs and never had anything go wrong. You can read the full thing here -

https://menga.net/why-i-never-got-into-les-paul-guitars

More balanced discussion -
https://menga.net/extended-range-guitars-are-stupid

I think its Ed Roman https://menga.net/heavy

Last edited: