The "What pissed you off today" thread

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
Several of you - and I'm grateful for your empathy - have said that I have to do what's best for me. She's also had the same advice - notably from the other guy. My take is a little different, because I see us as a unit of four beings in this household - the two of us and the dogs (albeit their scope for action is limited). Personally, I think that we have to collectively do what's best for all four of us.

I don't yet know what that is but I'm trying.

Thanks for all of your support!
I’m sorry to hear that buddy.
Trust your instincts and you will do the right thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Found out last night that my girlfriend has been cheating on me. She said it was since November last year. Found out subsequently that she lied, and it has been going on for a year longer than that. I think you can say that I'm pissed off.
Wish there were words, but there are not. Nobody knows your situation as intimately as the 2 of you. Words of encouragement and advice may only further cloud the storm as you weather it. You do you and seek support if or when you need it from those who know you best. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several of you - and I'm grateful for your empathy - have said that I have to do what's best for me. She's also had the same advice - notably from the other guy. My take is a little different, because I see us as a unit of four beings in this household - the two of us and the dogs (albeit their scope for action is limited). Personally, I think that we have to collectively do what's best for all four of us.

Of course my gut reaction would be to scorch the earth. But things like this are much more complicated than any single reaction could justify. Hoping for the best for everyone, and wishing you the strength to make it through to whatever that outcome will be.

I respect your effort and wish you the best

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I pissed myself off today. I usually set my alarm at 6am to go to work. Sometimes, like last night, I went to bed way too late so I snooze it a few times. I can do this up until 6:30am. Then I really have to get my ass up and hurry. If I just get up at 6, I can go through my morning routine in a more relaxed way.

So apparently at 6:20 I didn't hit snooze, but turned my alarm off. I woke up at 7:30. I usually get in my car at 7:20. Some profanities and panic later, I managed to get in my car at 7:50 by skipping breakfast and not walking the dogs as far as usually would. I may have ignored a speed limit or two, but in the end, I was only 25 minutes late for work and just in time for a meeting.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I pissed myself off today. I usually set my alarm at 6am to go to work. Sometimes, like last night, I went to bed way too late so I snooze it a few times. I can do this up until 6:30am. Then I really have to get my ass up and hurry. If I just get up at 6, I can go through my morning routine in a more relaxed way.

So apparently at 6:20 I didn't hit snooze, but turned my alarm off. I woke up at 7:30. I usually get in my car at 7:20. Some profanities and panic later, I managed to get in my car at 7:50 by skipping breakfast and not walking the dogs as far as usually would. I may have ignored a speed limit or two, but in the end, I was only 25 minutes late for work and just in time for a meeting.
That sucks, I may have switched off the alarm by mistake a few times my self. Panic stations!

My dads theory when (on very rare occasions) he woke up late for work was just to stick to your usual routine, be that shower, cuppa, breakfast or whatever. He said you're already late, might as well start the day right.
Definitely true. I always take at least an hour for my wake up routine and the occassional time that I get up late I just shift my routine, albeit I typically rush shaving, showering and breakfast so I can ‘win’ about 15 minutes. Never rushing coffee though, at least two cups before the front door opens! :p

ed lespaul

My son has a weigh-in this evening for his Jiu Jitsu match tomorrow. He's doing everything to lose the last couple of pounds. He looks amazing, just like he did when he won the Best Body contest last November. I have no idea how he's going to lose anything else. I don't understand these weight classes. It's F'ing nuts.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Dude.. I thought most theatres would have airco?
We do, it's blowing out warm air today! Someone was working on it first thing today apparently and it looks like they messed something up. I've brought the problem to light but it doesn't look like anything is getting fixed today. I've got the door open and I'm running a portable AC on the the projector and server and I've got two fans on my self but as you can see, it's not making much of a difference at the end of the room where I sit!