The "What pissed you off today" thread

ed lespaul

Fighting with iTunes last night, trying to do something incredible simple. All I wanted to do was put a pdf on my phone. I couldn't find the list of ebooks in the iTunes app, to put it on my phone. I finally tried something so simple, and was amazed it worked.

I first opened Windows Explorer to the file location, and tried to drag and drop it on the iPhone's books directory in iTunes. It didn't work. I then looked for the same file in the iTunes directory structure on my computer, and dragged it from there. It worked!!!!

It can't be this hard to put a pdf on your phone. I regularly just open it in the browser on my phone, and then click open it in iBooks. This one was too big to do that for some reason, so I had to find another way.

End result: iTunes not having a folder for books in your iTunes library on the computer is simply ridiculous. There are hundreds of how to do it with Macs, but couldn't find anything for PCs.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I can't believe what GC did. I returned the amp, because there was something wrong with it. I spoke to the manager, and told him what was wrong with it, and that once it's fixed, I would like to buy it back again.

The completely ignored my explanation that there is something wrong with the amp, and relisted it.....in great condition!!!!
Wow, dick move on their part!

Fighting with iTunes last night, trying to do something incredible simple. All I wanted to do was put a pdf on my phone. I couldn't find the list of ebooks in the iTunes app, to put it on my phone. I finally tried something so simple, and was amazed it worked.

I first opened Windows Explorer to the file location, and tried to drag and drop it on the iPhone's books directory in iTunes. It didn't work. I then looked for the same file in the iTunes directory structure on my computer, and dragged it from there. It worked!!!!

It can't be this hard to put a pdf on your phone. I regularly just open it in the browser on my phone, and then click open it in iBooks. This one was too big to do that for some reason, so I had to find another way.

End result: iTunes not having a folder for books in your iTunes library on the computer is simply ridiculous. There are hundreds of how to do it with Macs, but couldn't find anything for PCs.
Apple doesn’t like when you use another type of computer with iTunes.

I suggest you save it on your phone to the files app that they’ve added in one of the more recent iOS versions. (Edit: You can generally access those options via the ‘share-button’ while viewing it on your phone. That’s the square with the arrow pointing upwards and out of the square)

Last edited:

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
It is currently 39°F and raining. Overnight it is supposed to dip down very close to freezing bring with it the possibility of snow...

...winter just wont go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
You wouldn't expect a LEGO forum to be full of hateful people bashing a new member because they don't agree with something you said, but it's true. It's very demotivating. Goes to show how special the RCF is. We really need to keep this place alive.
Sadly, it seems to be the case more and more bud.
I’ve been a bit absent of late but having just caught up on some threads I’m reminded why this place is so goddamn special!
So, on a personal level, I’m going to make an effort to be about a bit more* too.
Also, you guys are AWESOME.
:hug:
:)

*it’s all @Tankman’s fault
;)

Last edited: