The "What pissed you off today" thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Orrr, you can wait a few months. Rumors are there will be another meeting in June were the MI industry will be exempt from CITES rules when it comes to Rosewood. Free trade is allowed again after that. There is no rumor yet on when this will be effective, though.

It's the same now for Mahogany. Mahogany is also a CITES wood, but MI is allowed to trade. The volume of Mahogany and Rosewood used in MI is just a fraction of the total market compared to that of furniture makers, so there's no point in all the extra work and costs. Most Rosewood in MI is actually grown by guitar factories themselves, so no natural forests are chopped down for it.
I didn't know that, thanks man.

beans & rice

I thought the one from Thomann was bad.. Here's two Seafoam Green Les Pauls from Andertons:
View attachment 36651 View attachment 36652
I imagine they just photograph like utter dog shit, but look really good in-hand.
The Agile I got was called Lizard Green and photographed looking like that bright, vibrant iguana shade, tinted with yellow. When I got it, it was as green as St. Patrick's Day vomit.

I imagine they just photograph like utter dog shit, but look really good in-hand.
The Agile I got was called Lizard Green and photographed looking like that bright, vibrant iguana shade, tinted with yellow. When I got it, it was as green as St. Patrick's Day vomit.
Hopefully, but it seems odd since there's plenty of photos where they look like they should. For example, here's another one from Andertons (since that one would be shot in the same environment as the others):

8.jpg

beans & rice

It's not good, agreed. But I can't imagine they'd leave the factory, and retailers would accept them for sale, if they actually looked like that.
They should've gone with different lighting angles and a black photo box instead of white.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Just note that I did some fret work on both guitars. I did a full fret level on both. I also filed down the fret ends, and rounded off the edges. After that, the necks were really great. Just understand you might need to do some work on them.
I'm cool with it, I've had to level the frets on half the guitars here. It's probably one of the most useful guitar setup skills I've learned, it's made quite a few cheap guitars into real players. Thanks for the heads up.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Over the last few years I could occasionally hear a low level humming noise like a machine being operated outside some distance off and wondered who was doing what and where. Now I hear it most times and I find it's in my own ear. I kind of Tinnitus I think. Bummer.

ed lespaul

First world problems, but it's official, the LynchBox is being returned. I have done everything to get the same sound that I had in the previous one, to no avail. After posting the issues I'm having with on an amp forum, the consensus is that Cap Cans are blown. They described the issues with the sound exactly. I would love to do it myself, but it would be more work, and more costly, than originally thought.

Again, first world problems, and I know I'll get over it quickly. But right now, I'm pissed.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
We are getting new carpet next week so we spent the afternoon ripping out the old stuff...

9,674,628,109,367,887 staples later we are almost done.

Jeebus they didn’t want that padding to move or ever come out without a fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Can imagine that!
I’m having my first day off since christmas next friday or since Easter but that barely counts! :p
I’m sort of looking forward to it hehe!
I've already had many days off this year due to the birth of my son and a short holiday. I've actually gone to working 4 days in stead of 5 as well because of my son. Best decision I've ever made. It's just one day, but it feels like 5.