The "What pissed you off today" thread

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Ending a fourth consecutive 12+ hours work day. Obligatory seminars on the first three days while work is also rolling, weird enough only for my department and all of that in the exact week my co-worker has vacation.
Get up early, have work and seminars followed by some work late at the office, travel home, eat and work at home until bedtime. For the first time since starting this job I’m absolutely fed up with it and can’t wait for the weekend and there’s still friday left...!
Nearly there mate, just picture that lovely 1st pint you're gonna enjoy

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Smokers at the office are really pissing me off. They take so many smoke breaks it's really not far to the non-smokers. Management doesn't seem to care. For example. They went to the store to buy lunch. Took half an hour. Had lunch. Took half an hour. Are smoking now and they take 15-20 minutes for that. Thats almost an hour and a half lunchbreak. You could let it slip if they skipped their other breaks, but they are the only ones that insist on take their morning and afternoon breaks as well for 15 minutes each. So that's almost 2 hours a day of dicking around. I really wish someone would give them a stern talk about it...

Yes of course us non-smokers can also stop working each time they take a smokebreak, but we don't for various reasons.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
... Yes of course us non-smokers can also stop working each time they take a smokebreak, but we don't for various reasons.
I know what you mean. You don't want to make a fuss for something you won't gain by, only others lose out. It still feels bad. Management should deal with this stuff without being forced into it. It's their responsibility, That what the increase in salary is for.

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'm getting spammed by recruiters on LinkedIn who keep offering me the same job I have now for less pay and with a longer commute. It's getting annoying...

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Seems like they can't repair anything historic now without burning it down #Windsor Castle

Latest seems to be the outer structure survived and much of the artwork and statuary was removed anyway so not as bad as it first looked. Still pretty bad though.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
The alarm on our 'new' little freezer went off last night. Nothing appears to be wrong with it but it is still showing 'not cold enough'. I checked the paperwork, We've had it over seven years! Where has the time gone.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Seems like they can't repair anything historic now without burning it down #Windsor Castle

Latest seems to be the outer structure survived and much of the artwork and statuary was removed anyway so not as bad as it first looked. Still pretty bad though.
I heard only 30% of all artwork etc was removed.

I think it's a shame that this happened. Of course. But nothing is forever and in the end, it's just a manmade building. You can rebuild that.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
The car has cost me £1,200 this month. I'm glad we had to postpone sorting out the bathroom due to our guy going for an operation, it'll give me time to save up some cash again. The good side if this is I actually had the money to pay!