The "What pissed you off today" thread

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
Election is a point of discussion at the office here as well. Two of us are contemplating not voting. It's just so unclear what we are voting for. All the information is vague. We would rather not vote than vote for the wrong party.
I have been a vocal supporter of a ‘none of the above’-option, in absence of which one could just cast an invalid vote by leaving it blanc or writing or drawing something along those lines on the ballot.

Attendence figures matter more than people think it does. An 80% attendence with 40% invalid votes more desperately calls for a thorough investigation into the what/how/why than a simple 40% attendence, which I frankly find shocking if you look at the numbers of ‘angry yellow vest fucktards’ out there. Might as well go back to dictatorships ;)

I’m shutting down my politics til next elections! :p

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I have been a vocal supporter of a ‘none of the above’-option, in absence of which one could just cast an invalid vote by leaving it blanc or writing or drawing something along those lines on the ballot.

Attendence figures matter more than people think it does. An 80% attendence with 40% invalid votes more desperately calls for a thorough investigation into the what/how/why than a simple 40% attendence, which I frankly find shocking if you look at the numbers of ‘angry yellow vest fucktards’ out there. Might as well go back to dictatorships ;)

I’m shutting down my politics til next elections! :p
Strong agree. Making people uninterested in politics is a deliberate political position. Don't let them get away with it.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I feel Tescos “this person is clearly over 25” alcohol purchasing approval button is unnecessarily harsh.
Clearly?
Pfft.
Heartless bastards...
;)
As an old white bloke I quite like becoming invisible to authority. I never get stopped to justify anything.
'Thirty commando knives? of course, will you need a bag for that, it's 5p?'*
<Sits in bank making notes on key staff and security cameras> - 'Are you waiting for someone? Would you like a cup of tea?'**
You want to take the jewellery outside the shop to see how the diamonds sparkle in the sunlight? Of course sir. That's perfectly alright.
The vintage Les Paul chained and padlocked to the wall that was owned by countless rock stars through the ages? Absolutely, let me get that down and plug it into the hand wired Marshall Bluebreaker reissue. Let me know when are finished.

Not strictly true but it does feels like that sometimes.

*Hypothetical situation for comedic purposes. I have never needed or wanted to buy commando knives.
** again never happened. Offered something for free in a bank. Get real.

ed lespaul

My (wonderful) wife gave me the green light to purchase an ESP Custom Shop Lynch Kamikaze. I should be incredibly happy, right? Well, I'm conflicted. On one hand, it's always been a dream guitar, but spending around $3K on it, has me really wondering if I should go for it, or just keep the dream alive.

Wuzza

long time lurker
My (wonderful) wife gave me the green light to purchase an ESP Custom Shop Lynch Kamikaze. I should be incredibly happy, right? Well, I'm conflicted. On one hand, it's always been a dream guitar, but spending around $3K on it, has me really wondering if I should go for it, or just keep the dream alive.
The LTD's are amazing guitars (I've had 3, currently 1), can imagine the ESP's are butter to LTD's margarine. You've got the green light, not quite sure what the issue is here??? :bounce:

ed lespaul

The LTD's are amazing guitars (I've had 3, currently 1), can imagine the ESP's are butter to LTD's margarine. You've got the green light, not quite sure what the issue is here??? :bounce:
I wasn't sure what it was, until I contacted a close friend of mine for his perspective. He mentioned that I might not want it because would be always tied to my mother-in-law's passing. Although my wife assured me that she would have loved for me to get a guitar I would really like, my friend mentioned that every single one of my guitars has some kind of a positive story behind me buying it.

Right now, I just did an assessment of that theory, and the only one that I can say doesn't have a story, is my Schecter Sustainiac. I got that because it was on sale for a great price, and I wanted a sustainiac. Every other guitar have a unique story behind my acquisition.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I made the mistake of reading a comment a friend made on Facebook about Mötley Crüe's film The Dirt. His opinion didn't piss me off but the reaction of a load of people that read his post did. They didn't disagree and explain why, it was just a barrage of abuse because the opinion was not in line with theirs. I really worry about this world at times when something as simple as taste in music can cause such a ridiculous amount of abuse.

Wuzza

long time lurker
I wasn't sure what it was, until I contacted a close friend of mine for his perspective. He mentioned that I might not want it because would be always tied to my mother-in-law's passing. Although my wife assured me that she would have loved for me to get a guitar I would really like, my friend mentioned that every single one of my guitars has some kind of a positive story behind me buying it.
If, when I suppose, (I'm getting to that stage where the reality is becoming a thing..), that my folks pass away and I'm left a big chunk of money, (although with old age costs, that may well not happen) damn right I'm going out and buying a custom shop 355.
With any of my family/close friends that have passed, I have never recalled anything negative. When I think of them, I only think of the good times. I suppose it does depend on your individual perspective, but if she knows you love guitar, I'm sure she would look down approvingly. :angel:

ed lespaul

With any of my family/close friends that have passed, I have never recalled anything negative. When I think of them, I only think of the good times.
It's a negative situation because she shouldn't have died from a routine procedure. It's also negative because her jackass husband is being a real dick to everyone, especially my wife. Maybe, after all this calms down, I'll rethink it. But, for now, I think I'll wait.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
People still buy cd's? I have a couple hundred of them in the attic that I can't get myself to throw away. Next to boxes of dvd's that I can't even play anymore.

Seen the first april fools jokes today. God I despise a day that encourages shitty jokes.
I haven't bought any for years but the car I bought last year doesn't have an aux socket on the stereo so I now buy a cd here or there.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
People still buy cd's? I have a couple hundred of them in the attic that I can't get myself to throw away. Next to boxes of dvd's that I can't even play anymore.

Seen the first april fools jokes today. God I despise a day that encourages shitty jokes.
If you buy the CD and rip it you have the music for as long as you want it. If you download or stream it's not so straight forward as to who owns what and for how long.