The "What pissed you off today" thread

Had to change rear brake pads on our 02 Lincoln Continental today. Now I’m no mechanic, but I know some basics and this isn’t my first time changing pads on a disc brake equipped car. However none of those were Pherd products either. I get new pads, get the wheel off then have to fight the dang caliper to get it off the disc. Once off I’m thinking I’m on the home stretch. Just have to push the piston in on the caliper and drop in the new pads and bolt it back together.

FoMoCo says whoa! Slow your roll, son. This piston don’t want to budge. So i get a compressor and the ratchet to force the issue... nope. No dice. So I’m trying to crack the bleeder and pull the cap of the master cylinder. No way, Jose!

I call my friend who used to work in the service department at a Ford dealership... oh... I need a special tool to turn the piston head as I push it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullshit marketing schemes aimed to prevent repair and unwanted repairs, i.e. Repair by anything other that official dealerships. It should be illegal to use these types of ‘special’ limitations really.

mirage2101

Had to change rear brake pads on our 02 Lincoln Continental today. Now I’m no mechanic, but I know some basics and this isn’t my first time changing pads on a disc brake equipped car. However none of those were Pherd products either. I get new pads, get the wheel off then have to fight the dang caliper to get it off the disc. Once off I’m thinking I’m on the home stretch. Just have to push the piston in on the caliper and drop in the new pads and bolt it back together.

FoMoCo says whoa! Slow your roll, son. This piston don’t want to budge. So i get a compressor and the ratchet to force the issue... nope. No dice. So I’m trying to crack the bleeder and pull the cap of the master cylinder. No way, Jose!

I call my friend who used to work in the service department at a Ford dealership... oh... I need a special tool to turn the piston head as I push it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah!! I've been there with a 20 year old car.. Take the wheel off.. force the caliper off. now we inscrew that.. And now we need inbus size X.. Hmm we have X-1.. X+1.. Damnit.. Ok we'll drive to the store and get the damn thing.. Nope nope nope nope nope... *google* Right.. This size hasn't been in use for 20 years.. sigh..

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
In my car it's perfectly possible to do it yourself. If you're a snake man or have a forklift to pull out half the engine block..
Jesus, what are you driving?

I'm having a similar issue with a guitar. I cannot find an allen key small enough to adjust the bridge saddles on my new strat. The last owner, for some reason completely lowered the low and high e saddle. They are flat. So dumb.

Last edited:

mirage2101

Jesus, what you you driving?

I'm having a similar issue with a guitar. I cannot find an allen key small enough to adjust the bridge saddles on my new strat. The last owner, for some reason completely lowered the low and high e saddle. They are flat. So dumb.
VW Golf GTE.
but polo's have the same problem. You can do the left headlight without problem. You can't reach the right one. If you go to the garage they actually bring out a mobile "crane"contraption and I think they lift out the battery and some other stuff to be able to reach in.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
VW Golf GTE.
but polo's have the same problem. You can do the left headlight without problem. You can't reach the right one. If you go to the garage they actually bring out a mobile "crane"contraption and I think they lift out the battery and some other stuff to be able to reach in.
Ah I drive a Polo TDI. I don't bother. I just go to the garage and they do whatever they need to do while I drink coffee.

mirage2101

Ah I drive a Polo TDI. I don't bother. I just go to the garage and they do whatever they need to do while I drink coffee.
That's what I do. But I spend an uncomfortable hour in the dark on a parking place a couple of years ago trying to change the light because it was broken before I decided just to drive home minus one headlight and risk the fine.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
That's what I do. But I spend an uncomfortable hour in the dark on a parking place a couple of years ago trying to change the light because it was broken before I decided just to drive home minus one headlight and risk the fine.
I know a traffic cop or 2. I would risk it too. Most of them understand that you can't fix it on the spot and will let you off with a warning.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Stressed out.
I’m needing some extra meds right now to help manage some weird shit going on in my head that’s got to the stage where it’s keeping me off work.
But because my previous Psychiatrist arranged with my GP that she (my GP) would be in charge of that side of things, my new Psychiatrist feels it would be better for me to call my GP and arrange the increase in meds that way.
The problem is that I’m feeling pretty scared of people at the moment and phoning my GP - who I haven’t seen of months and who has no idea of what’s going on with me right now - to ask for more meds feels dodgy as f**k.
Especially as this sort of thing is usually done by letters/emails between doctors.
My CPN says it should be fine and I have nothing to worry about
But yeah...
#WORRIED
:(

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Stressed out.
I’m needing some extra meds right now to help manage some weird shit going on in my head that’s got to the stage where it’s keeping me off work.
But because my previous Psychiatrist arranged with my GP that she (my GP) would be in charge of that side of things, my new Psychiatrist feels it would be better for me to call my GP and arrange the increase in meds that way.
The problem is that I’m feeling pretty scared of people at the moment and phoning my GP - who I haven’t seen of months and who has no idea of what’s going on with me right now - to ask for more meds feels dodgy as f**k.
Especially as this sort of thing is usually done by letters/emails between doctors.
My CPN says it should be fine and I have nothing to worry about
But yeah...
#WORRIED
:(
Hang in there. You will be fine.