The "What pissed you off today" thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Gear shamers in social media. If somebody posts a picture of ANYTHING, somebody has to be a dick about it. Post a wood library, somebody will shame you for spending too much and their korean SE is just as good. Post a pic of your Squier and somebody has to put it down for not being American and a few dollars more you could at least have picked a used MIM. The latest one that irked me was a set of cheap ceramic Strat pickups that were given to a guy. He upgraded the pots but liked the sound of the pickups. Of course there were comments to just trash them, poop emoji, sound like garbage.

Why are people so shitty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hardly ever post anything on social media, I'll sometimes dip my toe in but it really is once in a blue moon. You just can't talk with some people, they'll shout their opinion at you as fact and won't hear a word you say, there's no point engaging. One of the reasons I like this forum is because people are so supportive of each other, I really haven't come across it elsewhere.

I know that I shouldn't complain, and it's going to be a one time thing, but I'm dragging ass today. My younger son, who is a Junior in High School, is taking college classes (which actually count toward your college degree). It's for advanced students, who the teachers feel can handle the college courses, on top of their current curriculum. Due to time constraints, the classes start at 0 period, before 1st period. These classes occur 2x a week.

The time difference means that I have to get up 45 minutes to an hour earlier than normal, so I'm up and showering at 5 a.m. I end up getting into work a little earlier.

I always joke that my over-achieving kids are going to kill me :) Normally, I can handle the loss of sleep, but today, my son said he wasn't feeling well, and he wasn't going to go to the 0 period class (the college class). I understand anyone can get sick, but he wasn't overly sick. He could have went.

It's days like today that make you feel like you woke up extra early, and are dragging ass, for nothing.
Head up dude, some days are sent to test us, You'll feel better when you get some sleep.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Fhhking gravity.
It acts on objects and substances exactly as it should 99.9% of the time.
And THEN?
Then, when I brush my teeth in the evening it’s like gravity goes “nah..” and cold water zooms up the inside my pyjama sleeve like a fhhking unstoppable icy torrent.
Goddamn it Newton.
Sort that shit out...
:facepalm:

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
I thought this post was going to be about something else...gravity and you being a woman...etc. :p
That my overwheleming attractiveness acts like its own gravitational pull on any sentient man within a five mile range, you mean?
That IS what you mean, isn’t it @Tankman
*moves cushion over claw hammer lying beside her on the sofa*
:)

Soap Distant

The Big Kahuna (again!)
Mark Agnesi is leaving Norman's Rare Guitars. Booooooooooooo! Guitar of the day will never be the same again.
Mark told me at the end of November. I've been dying to tell someone, but I didn't want to drop him in it. He's been talking to JC about it for quite a while.

I've just read that back, and it sounds a bit cunty. I'm not trying to name-drop, but it must have been hard for him to keep a straight face a lot of the time.

Incredibly exciting times for Gibson. I can't wait to see what happens.

Last edited:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Mark told me at the end of November. I've been dying to tell someone, but I didn't want to drop him in it. He's been talking to JC about it for quite a while.

I've just read that back, and it sounds a bit cunty. I'm not trying to name-drop, but it must have been hard for him to keep a straight face a lot of the time.

Incredibly exciting times for Gibson. I can't wait to see what happens.
Dude! First it was Steve From Boston, now Mark Agnesi, you know all the YouTube guitar personalities! Do I dare ask who JC is? :D His love for Gibson really comes across in the videos so I can imagine he's pretty pleased. Good for him, I'm going to miss seeing him demo guitars and giving us a history lesson.

Soap Distant

The Big Kahuna (again!)
JC is James Curleigh, and to be honest, Steve and Mark are the only two people I know, mainly through pestering them via PM in Facebook or Instagram ;)

I will say, however, that regardless of people's opinions of "YouTube guitarists", Steve is a genuinely great guy, and not to be lumped in with clickbait arseholes like Tone King and Philip McKnight. We Skype occasionally, mainly to discuss graphics I'm doing for him, but we see eye to eye on politics, which is usually how I measure people.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
JC is James Curleigh, and to be honest, Steve and Mark are the only two people I know, mainly through pestering them via PM in Facebook or Instagram ;)

I will say, however, that regardless of people's opinions of "YouTube guitarists", Steve is a genuinely great guy, and not to be lumped in with clickbait arseholes like Tone King and Philip McKnight. We Skype occasionally, mainly to discuss graphics I'm doing for him, but we see eye to eye on politics, which is usually how I measure people.
I used to watch Tone King but stopped as I felt he used way too much gain on everything. Steve really does come across as a nice guy.