The "What pissed you off today" thread

ed lespaul

Bad one, but consider yourself lucky that knocking it over didn't result in the classic Gibson neck crack. Did that twice before :)

My poor guitar is having a hard week. After knocking it over last week I smacked the headstock into a mic stand yesterday.

View attachment 36324

While I don't might a beaten up guitar it annoys me that the knock took out a bit of the logo. :(

My poor guitar is having a hard week. After knocking it over last week I smacked the headstock into a mic stand yesterday.

View attachment 36324

While I don't might a beaten up guitar it annoys me that the knock took out a bit of the logo. :(
I took a chip out of my Standard’s headstock while clipping the string ends. Foolish blemishes like these add the character of it’s owner. It also serves as a reminder to be more careful!! :p

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

View attachment 36324

I once took the toggle arm clean off an Epiphone LP when I was trying to swat a wasp with a squash racket.
ROCKNFHHKINGROLL MAAAAAN...
;)
:)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Are we doing 'how-I-damaged-a-guitar'-stories? I was once working on a customers guitar. I was trying to stretch a tremolo spring to put it back in place, slipped and made gash about 20 centimeters long on the back of the guitar while the kid's mother was watching me work. I honestly don't remember how I resolved that. I may have exchanged the guitar for a new one or I may have acted like nothing was wrong and gave the kid his new, relic guitar. Something tells me I went relic...

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I took a chip out of my Standard’s headstock while clipping the string ends. Foolish blemishes like these add the character of it’s owner. It also serves as a reminder to be more careful!! :p
Be more careful...check.
I once took the toggle arm clean off an Epiphone LP when I was trying to swat a wasp with a squash racket.
ROCKNFHHKINGROLL MAAAAAN...
;)
:)
Don't play squash near the guitar...check.

Mark Agnesi is leaving Norman's Rare Guitars. Booooooooooooo! Guitar of the day will never be the same again.
Never mind, I just found it. Bit of a bummer but I’m guessing he’s finally been handed the reigns of something he can call his own. Norm will REALLY miss him with regards to their online content.
From Mark's Instagram:

Chili Hobbes

So much time, and so little to do.
My phone has stopped recognising the SD card in it. I have an SD card reader that allows my PC to "see" it, so I assume it's a problem with the phone, denying me like 5000 songs and 10,000 pictures.

New phone shopping I guess. The old one is 3 years old this year, but I liked it :(

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Traffic is really pissing me off this week. I get off work at 5pm-ish. Monday, got home at 8pm, tuesday, got home at 6:30pm, yesterday got home at 7:30pm. Yes, at some point I decided to pull over to get something to eat and use a restroom, then wait a few minutes for the traffic jam to get better. This morning it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to work because apparently the Dutch cannot drive in rain. It is normally a 55 minute drive.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Gear shamers in social media. If somebody posts a picture of ANYTHING, somebody has to be a dick about it. Post a wood library, somebody will shame you for spending too much and their korean SE is just as good. Post a pic of your Squier and somebody has to put it down for not being American and a few dollars more you could at least have picked a used MIM. The latest one that irked me was a set of cheap ceramic Strat pickups that were given to a guy. He upgraded the pots but liked the sound of the pickups. Of course there were comments to just trash them, poop emoji, sound like garbage.

Why are people so shitty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ed lespaul

I know that I shouldn't complain, and it's going to be a one time thing, but I'm dragging ass today. My younger son, who is a Junior in High School, is taking college classes (which actually count toward your college degree). It's for advanced students, who the teachers feel can handle the college courses, on top of their current curriculum. Due to time constraints, the classes start at 0 period, before 1st period. These classes occur 2x a week.

The time difference means that I have to get up 45 minutes to an hour earlier than normal, so I'm up and showering at 5 a.m. I end up getting into work a little earlier.

I always joke that my over-achieving kids are going to kill me :) Normally, I can handle the loss of sleep, but today, my son said he wasn't feeling well, and he wasn't going to go to the 0 period class (the college class). I understand anyone can get sick, but he wasn't overly sick. He could have went.

It's days like today that make you feel like you woke up extra early, and are dragging ass, for nothing.