The "What pissed you off today" thread

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
It’s warmed up to -5 this morning! Hoodie weather!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It definitely doesn't get super cold here (it's 25F right now, which is really freaking cold for Memphis), but the problem is that we have such huge swings in temps in a very short period of time. It was 70 degrees this time of the day just three days ago.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
It definitely doesn't get super cold here (it's 25F right now, which is really freaking cold for Memphis), but the problem is that we have such huge swings in temps in a very short period of time. It was 70 degrees this time of the day just three days ago.
Last Saturday it was almost 50. Monday was a high of -4, lows in the negative teens.

Largest 24hr temp swing was Loma, MT. -54 to 49.

Winters we can have stretches of days in a row below zero with lows sub -20. In the summer we can have days in a row 100+. Spring and fall last about 3 weeks.

SemiCullen

Last Saturday it was almost 50. Monday was a high of -4, lows in the negative teens.

Largest 24hr temp swing was Loma, MT. -54 to 49.

Winters we can have stretches of days in a row below zero with lows sub -20. In the summer we can have days in a row 100+. Spring and fall last about 3 weeks.

Well you're just a masochist.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Well you're just a masochist.
I’d almost prefer the cold. I can always put in more layers. The reverse is not true when I get hot.

PS: we generally have a low humidity heat. I’ve spent a summer in Missouri and 85° with 98% humidity is disgusting, and that’s at 8am.

SemiCullen

I’d almost prefer the cold. I can always put in more layers. The reverse is not true when I get hot.

PS: we generally have a low humidity heat. I’ve spent a summer in Missouri and 85° with 98% humidity is disgusting, and that’s at 8am.

This is true. The heat here in the South is disgusting. I deffo prefer it cooler and feel the same way about adding layers. However, during the summer I just don't go outside.

Chu

Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS). They may well make a decent product but I will never find out. I've never really looked into them before but have just looked at their marketing blurb. They seem to sell a lot of obviously named copies; for example can you guess what a Veteran 30 is a copy of? Yet they claim that it's an improvement on the Celestion V30 and it's mid spike. The mid spike is what defines the V30 and makes the right tone smash through a live band! It's not a flaw.

"The 12” Veteran 30™ speaker from WGS is tonally superior to Celestion's™ Vintage 30™ speaker. The tonal improvement is in the upper-mids. The Veteran 30™ speaker has smoothed out the upper-mid "spike" notorious in the Vintage 30™ speaker".

If you copy a great product and rip off the name, you can't then slag off the original. Unless you're Ed Roman or WGS.

Chu

So this happened yesterday
Wait.
Let me share the *experience* as I did on FB...
“There are times when you find out what kind of person you are deep down inside.
Dropping the head of the loo brush down the toilet at work being one of those...”
I once dropped my mobile phone in the gents toilet at work. In the absence of any rubber gloves, i did the only sensible thing. I walked away and bought another. I mean, it wasn't like I would ever be willing to hold it against my ear again, right?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I just found out that Back Alley Music has closed their Chester shop. There was only two reasons to go to Chester to begin with and now it seems Dawsons is the only one. Damn man, I live in such a wasteland when it comes to good guitar shops.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS). They may well make a decent product but I will never find out. I've never really looked into them before but have just looked at their marketing blurb. They seem to sell a lot of obviously named copies; for example can you guess what a Veteran 30 is a copy of? Yet they claim that it's an improvement on the Celestion V30 and it's mid spike. The mid spike is what defines the V30 and makes the right tone smash through a live band! It's not a flaw.

"The 12” Veteran 30 speaker from WGS is tonally superior to Celestion's Vintage 30 speaker. The tonal improvement is in the upper-mids. The Veteran 30 speaker has smoothed out the upper-mid "spike" notorious in the Vintage 30 speaker".

If you copy a great product and rip off the name, you can't then slag off the original. Unless you're Ed Roman or WGS.
I thought the veteran 30 was voiced after a well broken in Vintage 30.

I am picking up an Avatar cab loaded with a pair of WGS speakers, a liberator and a et90. Hopefully I like them.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I just found out that Back Alley Music has closed their Chester shop. There was only two reasons to go to Chester to begin with and now it seems Dawsons is the only one. Damn man, I live in such a wasteland when it comes to good guitar shops.
Music Junkie in Leicester closed down. There is now only one music shop in Leicester.

Chu

I thought the veteran 30 was voiced after a well broken in Vintage 30.

I am picking up an Avatar cab loaded with a pair of WGS speakers, a liberator and a et90. Hopefully I like them.

I just quoted what is on their website mate. I have no doubt that you'll be happy with the cab, I'm not criticising the product just their abhorrent marketing! (Sorry, couldn't resist ;))

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
I just quoted what is on their website mate. I have no doubt that you'll be happy with the cab, I'm not criticising the product just their abhorrent marketing! (Sorry, couldn't resist ;))
I had it confused with the Hellatone anyway.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Casual sexism on FB gear groups.
It’s nothing I can’t handle in a way that underlines that some of us ladies play guitar too but doing so gently but firmly as the guys in question usually don’t even realise they’re doing it (see below) - they just want to take part in the group and using humour at the expense of an *other* is such a common way of doing that; not just on social media either!
It’s a drag though
And not at all what I want to be doing when I visit these groups...
23BE4D3B-4165-46BB-B7DC-FC9AA747A6E9.png
:rolleyes:

Chu

Casual sexism on FB gear groups.
It’s nothing I can’t handle in a way that underlines that some of us ladies play guitar too but doing so gently but firmly as the guys in question usually don’t even realise they’re doing it (see below) - they just want to take part in the group and using humour at the expense of an *other* is such a common way of doing that; not just on social media either!
It’s a drag though
And not at all what I want to be doing when I visit these groups...
View attachment 36148
:rolleyes:
People are just arseholes.

It's a common trait for people to make fun of others and some people just fail to see that they're being unpleasant. Through choice, I haven't eaten meat in 16 years and last year had to give up gluten. I know its terribly fashionable to not eat gluten or be a vegan right now, but gluten makes me really unwell. I chose not to eat meat due to cycling to work past an abattoir for 3 years, with the trucks coming past me and my opinion towards animal welfare. Due to my requirements, eating out is tricky and usually when I go out with work colleagues, i end up being ridiculed by some of the group. I'm not one to preach, most of the people won't even realise that I'm a vegetarian until they hear my order and suddenly I'm faced with a barrage of 'humour' at my expense including tales of what they've seen in an abattoir.

Whilst I see the sexist content in the posts, i think that it's more just a case of unitellegent and unfunny humour. Social media pushes people that otherwise wouldn't speak to each other to play in the same pit, as does working with people!

Don't let the idiots get to you. You know that everyone work talking to considers the contents of one's underwear irrelevant to your rights and ability to play music. Fuck 'em and show them how it's done.