The "What pissed you off today" thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
It was about 5am when I got to bed last night but I needed to relax and today is my day off so I wasn't too worried about it. For some reason everyone that wanted to phone me decided to do it this morning, including a phone call from Dad that freaked me out a bit. I heard it on the answering machine because I didn't get to the phone in time and then couldn't phone him back. It turns out it was nothing serious but I am now sat here at my parents feeling terrible from lack of sleep / fright. I don't like people phoning me at the best of times so this has been an "interesting" start to the day.

Everyone is ok though, that's the important thing.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Colleagues stressing out because of non-stressful, regular, everyday tasks. Then, submitting for overtime and not realizing, you're the only one staying late, while everyone else leaves at 5 because their work is done, or because it can wait until the next day. There are no lives at stake in our business. Getting your product one day later will not kill you. This one colleague though will end up killing herself if she goes on like this, but we have stopped trying to get through to her.

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Colleagues stressing out because of non-stressful, regular, everyday tasks. Then, submitting for overtime and not realizing, you're the only one staying late, while everyone else leaves at 5 because their work is done, or because it can wait until the next day. There are no lives at stake in our business. Getting your product one day later will not kill you. This one colleague though will end up killing herself if she goes on like this, but we have stopped trying to get through to her.
http://www.hse.gov.uk/stress/standards/downloads.htm

If you can get management / colleagues to engage in this, it can help, little changes can make a big difference.