The "What pissed you off today" thread

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Just got back from my In-law's house. My MIL's husband, my wife's stepfather, is going through some horrible denial of my MIL's death. He is telling us to take everything that we want, out of the house, because it all reminds him of my MIL. It's less than 2 weeks since her death, and my wife needs to go through this BS? She told him that it will take time to pack and move all her stuff, let alone I don't live in a mansion, or have a garage to store this stuff..

On the way out, my wife asked him "If he needs anything before we go." He told her "I need a woman." I am surprised my wife didn't lay into him. I tried to candy coat it, on the ride home, by saying "He probably meant that he needs your mom, but it came out wrong." With saying that, and telling us to get her stuff out of the house as soon as possible, is REALLY F'd up.
Jesus.
That’s messed up.
We all process grief differently - and I get that your FIL is doing what he *needs* to do for him - but when that makes life even more miserable for others affected by the same grief?
Not good.
I’m really glad your wife has you to shield her from the worst of this @ed lespaul amd also, crucially, to help her hold onto the good memories she has about how she loved and valued her Mum too.
I can’t imagine how hard this is for both you and your wife but stay strong bud.
A BAZILLION hugs incoming...
:hug:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Kerry just messaged me to say that the MOTU 828 mkii soundcard I've had for about 15 years has quit working. Balls! It's been on it's way out for years, I've been working around everything that was slowly failing on it.

Time for something new I guess. The good news is I'm not recording drums anymore so a 2 in 2 out card will be enough. I have no idea whats available these days.

Time for something new I guess. The good news is I'm not recording drums anymore so a 2 in 2 out card will be enough. I have no idea whats available these days.
Depends on how you're set up etc. I have a Focusrite Scarlet thingy which I effectively use as a recording interface and as an external PC soundcard, with a pair of monitor speakers plugged into it. It's not a bad solution although there are a couple of little glitches - firstly, I have to wait until the PC has booted before I switch it on, otherwise I get synch errors (I noticed that YouTube videos play about 10% faster if I turn it on first, which is really weird!). Secondly, it will occasionally just stop working and need to be switched on and off. Those glitches aside, it's quite a practical solution to my recording and playback needs.

I got the 18i8 because I wanted to have four instrument inputs, but it sounds like you'd be fine with a smaller one.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Depends on how you're set up etc. I have a Focusrite Scarlet thingy which I effectively use as a recording interface and as an external PC soundcard, with a pair of monitor speakers plugged into it. It's not a bad solution although there are a couple of little glitches - firstly, I have to wait until the PC has booted before I switch it on, otherwise I get synch errors (I noticed that YouTube videos play about 10% faster if I turn it on first, which is really weird!). Secondly, it will occasionally just stop working and need to be switched on and off. Those glitches aside, it's quite a practical solution to my recording and playback needs.

I got the 18i8 because I wanted to have four instrument inputs, but it sounds like you'd be fine with a smaller one.
Apparently Kerry wants 4 inputs so we'll be looking for something a bit more specced than I thought we'd need. I'll check out the 18i8.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
GODDAMNIT!
I ran half a mile to catch the 4.24pm train
Made it to the train JUST as the doors were closing
Made a split second decision not to stick my arm through the closing door as the station clock read 4.23 and the guard on the platform had turned to see me so I thought I’d wait for the driver to reopen the doors.
But the guard decides to turns his back on me AND WAVES AT THE DRIVER TO GO A MINUTE EARLY
Then he walks away whistling to himself.
:banghead:
Leaving me to wait for another 30mins at a below freezing, pissing-down-with-rain station platform.
WHATTA PRICK.
:mad:
:facepalm:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
GODDAMNIT!
Made a split second decision not to stick my arm through the closing door as the station clock read 4.23 and the guard on the platform had turned to see me so I thought I’d wait for the driver to reopen the doors.
But the guard decides to turns his back on me AND WAVES AT THE DRIVER TO GO A MINUTE EARLY
Leaving me to wait for another 30mins at a below freezing, pissing-down-with-rain station platform.
WHATTA PRICK.
Not cool.

ed lespaul

Apparently Kerry wants 4 inputs so we'll be looking for something a bit more specced than I thought we'd need. I'll check out the 18i8.
Get as many inputs as you're willing to spend. I have the 18i20, and have come close to using all inputs when others come over for a quick jam/recording session. Whichever you choose, it's a great piece of gear.

GODDAMNIT!
WHATTA PRICK.
So relatable. I wish I could just take the car or bike! :p

Baggy

GODDAMNIT!
WHATTA PRICK.
There's no need for that :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk