The "What pissed you off today" thread

beans & rice

That describes a lot os bands that get attention these days. It's like someone decides beforehand the band will be famous and just pimps the shit out of them even though they plainly don't deserve the attention. I love music but the music business can fuck off.
I was listening to The Marshall Plan by Blue Oyster Cult this morning. Great song, but it annoyed me just then, because no one wants to be a fucking rock star anymore, and whatever passes for recording companies now doesn't want them anyway. Neither do fans. Most people want to be DJs, divas or YouTube stars.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I was listening to The Marshall Plan by Blue Oyster Cult this morning. Great song, but it annoyed me just then, because no one wants to be a fucking rock star anymore, and whatever passes for recording companies now doesn't want them anyway. Neither do fans. Most people want to be DJs, divas or YouTube stars.
I missed the days when bands were signed to multi album deals and were given time to develop for a couple of albums so they find their stride and become more successful around the third.

I'm not sure proper rock stars can exist in today's climate. They are larger than life, often offensive and dangerous. I used to love to hear about stuff Sebastian Bach, Axl Rose and others of their time did, they seem to always be up to some shit. One scandal can end people's careers these days so I suppose labels see the old school type rock star type behaviour as bad investments these days.

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
People sharing misinformation on Facebook about brexit. Don't want to get into the a debate not why I'm venting, just the misinformation and the lies really annoy me. The lies of the leave campaign and fear mongering of the remain. Its just frustrating regardless of which way one voted.

ed lespaul

People sharing misinformation on Facebook about brexit. Don't want to get into the a debate not why I'm venting, just the misinformation and the lies really annoy me. The lies of the leave campaign and fear mongering of the remain. Its just frustrating regardless of which way one voted.
Why are you shocked, or annoyed? 90% of Facebook is lies and conjecture.

Wuzza

long time lurker
Obviously not seen it, but really looking forward to Captain Marvel, and I really cant understand all the hate that seems to be being spouted online.

Captain Marvel is an insanely powerful superhero, whether in male or female guise. Apparently the female version is triggering a lot of hate.
It seems most of the negativity comes from the male populace. Really? It's a movie with Bree Larson in a body hugging suit kicking arse.
(checks pants, yes, I have a todger, and I'd rather see a lass poncing about for 90 mins than a dude.)

Full disclosure: I also liked the all female Ghostbusters. (and The Heat, and Spy (all female leads) Really tired of the shite that's being spouted.

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
Obviously not seen it, but really looking forward to Captain Marvel, and I really cant understand all the hate that seems to be being spouted online.

Captain Marvel is an insanely powerful superhero, whether in male or female guise. Apparently the female version is triggering a lot of hate.
It seems most of the negativity comes from the male populace. Really? It's a movie with Bree Larson in a body hugging suit kicking arse.
(checks pants, yes, I have a todger, and I'd rather see a lass poncing about for 90 mins than a dude.)

Full disclosure: I also liked the all female Ghostbusters. (and The Heat, and Spy (all female leads) Really tired of the shite that's being spouted.

Captain marvel is OP in the comics it makes sense her being the one whole makes the avegners able to deal with the big purple.

I dig the actors in the ghostbusters reboot, the movie however is trash. Not because they're but just because it's not very funny. I really wanted it to be really good to shut up all the Meninist online but unfortunately in my opinion it just wasn't.

beans & rice

Carol Danvers has been a comic character since 1969. She had her DNA fused with that of a Kree and became Captain Marvel in the late 70s. Anyone bitching about it can suck a nut because they don't know shit.

I've given up on fanboy boards long ago, they're the most misogynistic bunch of backwards dirtbags ever.

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
Carol Danvers has been a comic character since 1969. She had her DNA fused with that of a Kree and became Captain Marvel in the late 70s. Anyone bitching about it can suck a nut because they don't know shit.

I've given up on fanboy boards long ago, they're the most misogynistic bunch of backwards dirtbags ever.

Well no she actually became captain marvel in 2012 after Mar-Vell's death she was Ms Marvel until then. But it doesn't matter. She is still captain Marvel, I wonder if Mar Vell is going to be in The film.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
@Wade Garrett @hendrixisgod @beans & rice
A huge high five from me for all of your posts.
When we’re seeing films or TV series about fictional characters with fictional abilities
It blows my mind that while no one contests that these fantastical beings and their abilities exist (within their universes) it can be a MASSIVE issue for some people of that fictional beings what gender or ethnicity is changed!:facepalm:
Yes, I *get* that some characters are written and have ALWAYS been written as male or female but when the public can readily accept that these characters can fly/have two hearts/bend space and time it feels weird that these aren’t the facets of their existence that cause some people all this outrage and disbelief?!!
:confused:
:facepalm:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Kerry said there's a book at her library that is for teaching children how to come to terms with their terminal illness. The necessity of such a thing is terrible, it's a shitty world at times.

ed lespaul

Just got back from my In-law's house. My MIL's husband, my wife's stepfather, is going through some horrible denial of my MIL's death. He is telling us to take everything that we want, out of the house, because it all reminds him of my MIL. It's less than 2 weeks since her death, and my wife needs to go through this BS? She told him that it will take time to pack and move all her stuff, let alone I don't live in a mansion, or have a garage to store this stuff..

On the way out, my wife asked him "If he needs anything before we go." He told her "I need a woman." I am surprised my wife didn't lay into him. I tried to candy coat it, on the ride home, by saying "He probably meant that he needs your mom, but it came out wrong." With saying that, and telling us to get her stuff out of the house as soon as possible, is REALLY F'd up.