The "What pissed you off today" thread

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
In the small hours of this morning, my Macbook Pro was annoying me with a rattling fan. I went to move it about to shut it up and where I've not screwed the back pannel back on, it feel off, letting the battery fall out and pulling so hard on the wires that I've now killed it. Can't power on at all, with or without the battery installed. Going to have to borrow a decent quad core Win 10 laptop off my guitar buddy for a few weeks, until I am able to afford a replacement for my Mac.

For gaming, I really like Windows 10, but for everything else, I find MacOS just so much nicer and smoother. Also, iMessage lets me reply to texts using my Macbook, so I am able to put my mobile on silent and I won't miss any incoming messages. Now I've got to put up with my fucking phone beeping or buzzing all day and that's really going to wind me up.

ed lespaul

It’s the nightmare that continues...

My mother in law is stil intubated. Yesterday, they extubated her. She was slightly coherent and my wife was thrilled that she saw her mother again. She wondered if she was still in there, and yesterday seemed like it was a great turn.

It ended up that she wasn’t strong enough to come off the tube. She began to have trouble breathing and they had to intubate her again. Due to the trauma, she kept getting weaker and weaker. We were all there to support my wife, because she was nervous, and rightfully so. My MIL coded (code blue) around 11 last night. The doctors tried to revive her 3 times with no response. One doctor came out to see if we wanted them to keep trying. OF COURSE!!!

On the 4th revive attempt, she responded. The next 24-48 hours are critical (more critical than normal).

The doctors said they will do everything to get her stable and when she is strong enough, they will do a traciotomy. It’s obvious she’s too weak to breathe on her own.

I am really afraid for my wife. She is running on adrenaline. She’s eventually going to crash, and crash hard. This whole thing is one giant shit show.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

My mother in law is stil intubated. Yesterday, they extubated her. She was slightly coherent and my wife was thrilled that she saw her mother again. She wondered if she was still in there, and yesterday seemed like it was a great turn.

It ended up that she wasn’t strong enough to come off the tube. She began to have trouble breathing and they had to intubate her again. Due to the trauma, she kept getting weaker and weaker. We were all there to support my wife, because she was nervous, and rightfully so. My MIL coded (code blue) around 11 last night. The doctors tried to revive her 3 times with no response. One doctor came out to see if we wanted them to keep trying. OF COURSE!!!

On the 4th revive attempt, she responded. The next 24-48 hours are critical (more critical than normal).

The doctors said they will do everything to get her stable and when she is strong enough, they will do a traciotomy. It’s obvious she’s too weak to breathe on her own.

I am really afraid for my wife. She is running on adrenaline. She’s eventually going to crash, and crash hard. This whole thing is one giant shit show.
ALL the hugs I have going spare are headed your and your wife’s way @ed lespaul
Cuz fhhking hell, that’s some heavy shit right there bud...
:hug:
:(

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

Stay strong dude.

Chu

Shit man, you must all be going through hell right now. My thoughts to all of you.

bad alice

Haven't been active since the birth of my son, but I'm back at work now. That means I can lurk a bit. Problem is, I can't get passed lurking. It's hard to get back into a forum when you've been out of it a few weeks. Very annoying...
YOU’RE SON’S BEEN BORN?!!:eek:
Shit, How did I miss this?!:eek:
Massive congratulations to you, Mrs Tank and Mini Tank @Tankman
That’s such fantastic news!:dance:
And come back to us when it feels right - you’re part of our family but, right now, it sound like you have your hands full with another-much-closer-to-home;) family - so go easy on yourself.
Now, where did I put that cigar?
:)

My sister's family had to put down two of their dogs this past week.
Bear, their old black lab, had somehow gotten a hernia that shifted his intestines up in his chest. The vet said he'd only seen that once before after a car accident. Poor fella was sweet as hell, but had health problems his whole life. Even once got bitten in the face by a rattlesnake when they were hiking.

Then Blue, a fuzzy old mutt with the most beautiful blue eyes, had a lesion on his spine burst. They noticed he started limping slightly on Monday, and by Wednesday morning he was unable to use his back legs.

Their golden lab, Gracie, is devastated. She mothered Blue and would keep him in line when he got rambunctious.

ed lespaul

Although my MIL has made it passed the 48 hour mark, there has been no change in her status. The doctors said that before the code, she had a 50/50 chance, but now she's in the negative numbers. This basically means that she needs EVERYTHING to go right, in order to make it through. As of today, there hasn't been much going right.

My wife woke up crying with an ominous feeling. We're hoping her feeling wasn't an indication of the day to come.

bad alice

Although my MIL has made it passed the 48 hour mark, there has been no change in her status. The doctors said that before the code, she had a 50/50 chance, but now she's in the negative numbers. This basically means that she needs EVERYTHING to go right, in order to make it through. As of today, there hasn't been much going right.

My wife woke up crying with an ominous feeling. We're hoping her feeling wasn't an indication of the day to come.
Take care @ed lespaul
We’re right here for you...

bad alice

The sickness. Oh, the snots and sneezes and coughs and missing energy can fucking eat a dick.
I hear you.
I’m off to Manchester tomorrow to present at a massive conference and, after feeling like I’d got over the lurgy weeks ago, I was up coughing my head off all night last night.
Bah.
:(
I knew I shouldn't have licked all those doorknobs.
Silver lining: we all admired your level of commitment in the video.
3 hours of licking is impressive in any context...
:D

Chu

Pedals, that's what pissed me off. I couldn't figure out what was causing sonic mayhem at last night's band practice right until the very end; on my looper pedal is a mini toggle. I've not touched it since I first set it so can't really recall exactly what it does other than fuck everything up.....

I've always found pedals to be a source of mayhem live; too many things to move in transit, too many things that I never use so can't figure out what's going wrong and everything interacts with everything. Blurgh, if only they could upgrade the looper in the Kemper so I could go back to a one box solution....

In the context of what some of you guys are going through, this is but fart in a breeze. Hugs to all.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Pedals, that's what pissed me off. I couldn't figure out what was causing sonic mayhem at last night's band practice right until the very end; on my looper pedal is a mini toggle. I've not touched it since I first set it so can't really recall exactly what it does other than fuck everything up.....

I've always found pedals to be a source of mayhem live; too many things to move in transit, too many things that I never use so can't figure out what's going wrong and everything interacts with everything. Blurgh, if only they could upgrade the looper in the Kemper so I could go back to a one box solution....

In the context of what some of you guys are going through, this is but fart in a breeze. Hugs to all.
When I was using the HD500 for my sounds I found myself utterly confused at band practice one week. We had just finished a song and started discussing it when someone started playing guitar...but no one was playing. I had managed to turn on the looper which I had never used so it took me a bit to figure out what the hell was going on!