The "What pissed you off today" thread

M fainted last night due to an extended and particularly violent coughing fit.
Luckily, he was sitting on the edge of the bed when it happened so it could’ve been much worse.
But still...
View attachment 35670
Not good.
:(
With such a fabulous hat/helmet collection you’d have expected less fallout around the area of the head! ;)

Get well soon both of you!

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Thunderball Clothing is closing do the the hate mail received from the fallout caused by sharing an Instagram post.

Long story short. Photographer takes a photo of Arch Enemy front woman at a festival. He adds his watermark uploads the image to Instagram where it is well liked and shared by A.E. front woman. Photog is ok with fans and Arch Enemy sharing the photo. Thunderball Clothing is a one person operation, Marta Gabriel. She also likes the photo and is proud to see her friend wearing the clothing she co-designed with her and reshares the share. She didn’t alter the photo or remove the watermark. All photo credits remain. Yet this dude emails Marta with a cordial but blunt letter for a royalty payment or donation. She thinks it a scam and forwards it to A.E. who instruct her to take down the photo and let them take care of it. They reply to him that AE supports their fans and Thunderball Clothing to share photos of the band on social media. He doubles down again to which the band replies they won’t work with a photographer that conducts himself in that manner and will not allow him back to any of their concerts. He, 6 months after the fact now, writes a piece on how he was banned by AE. People on Social Media lose their shit.

And all this time i thought that the entire purpose of Instagram was sharing photos. Silly me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
Thunderball Clothing is closing do the the hate mail received from the fallout caused by sharing an Instagram post.

Long story short. Photographer takes a photo of Arch Enemy front woman at a festival. He adds his watermark uploads the image to Instagram where it is well liked and shared by A.E. front woman. Photog is ok with fans and Arch Enemy sharing the photo. Thunderball Clothing is a one person operation, Marta Gabriel. She also likes the photo and is proud to see her friend wearing the clothing she co-designed with her and reshares the share. She didn’t alter the photo or remove the watermark. All photo credits remain. Yet this dude emails Marta with a cordial but blunt letter for a royalty payment or donation. She thinks it a scam and forwards it to A.E. who instruct her to take down the photo and let them take care of it. They reply to him that AE supports their fans and Thunderball Clothing to share photos of the band on social media. He doubles down again to which the band replies they won’t work with a photographer that conducts himself in that manner and will not allow him back to any of their concerts. He, 6 months after the fact now, writes a piece on how he was banned by AE. People on Social Media lose their shit.

And all this time i thought that the entire purpose of Instagram was sharing photos. Silly me.
there are some* stupid people in the world. I could see the point if the photo was edited and watermarks removed, but otherwise the photographers actions are a bit petty. I know it's annoying sometimes when your work is shared without credit (I've been an illustrator/designer for a few years and it happens a fair bit) but if your info is on there, then who cares? It's a bit of free promotion.

*too many

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
there are some* stupid people in the world. I could see the point if the photo was edited and watermarks removed, but otherwise the photographers actions are a bit petty. I know it's annoying sometimes when your work is shared without credit (I've been an illustrator/designer for a few years and it happens a fair bit) but if your info is on there, then who cares? It's a bit of free promotion.

*too many
For starters, if you are looking to be paid for use of your photos, DO NOT upload them to a social media account without protecting the copyrighted material from unwanted use.

The whole point of an artist posting their copyrighted material to a social media account is for shares and exposing their work to users who might like it and increase their fan base.

Thunderball Clothing didn’t directly profit from the share of a share of a photo that included their art as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baggy

135 families needed emergency food packages to make it through Christmas in town next to our village. That's messed up.
It really is, maybe 6 six years ago 3 food banks popped up in my town, couldn't believe how bad things have got for some. I donate everything that I don't need to them now as they take clothes, toys, electrical goods etc, not for any praise (I don't care for that) just cos people need it. It's really saddening how busy they are.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
It really is, maybe 6 six years ago 3 food banks popped up in my town, couldn't believe how bad things have got for some. I donate everything that I don't need to them now as they take clothes, toys, electrical goods etc, not for any praise (I don't care for that) just cos people need it. It's really saddening how busy they are.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Makes our problems seem pretty insignificant. I’ll check to see if my local one take household “stuff”.

^
And I came to just whine about sleeping too long on that Sears bass I posted a while back. Not a problem at all compared to actual problems so many have.
Was going to grab it today if it was still there, but it was gone.

My wife's mother lost her second home to fire again a few weeks ago. It made the Christmas season tough on everyone since we were helping her out, but we're a few states away from her. She has some family that live close who were going to help her put things back together once insurance came through. But after my wife talked to her today, those people seem to be fucking dicks and would rather steer her wrong and find ways to spend her money for her. And it's not a possibility for Mrs. Beans to take off to go out and help directly right now.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
*sigh*
So, I had to sell my beautiful Fairlane Blue Gretsch, to cover bills and all, during this stupid-difficult bit of life, and, despite being "ready" to sell it and accepting its loss, I hadn't considered how much it might suck to actually see it listed on Reverb (I sold it to a local shop) and witness it sell to someone else as quickly as it did.
God I am going to miss that bugger, for quite some time.
I wonder if they noticed my 2 extra side dot "fret markers" made with Sharpie, on the binding for the 19th and 21st frets*... :D

*Gretsch only marks up to the 17th fret, with side-dots, then it's all unmarked from there down, so I wanted to add a small, nearly-unnoticeable bit of "personalizing" to it, in hopes of recognizing it in the future, heh.

You know what’s worse than shopping? Travelling with people who loves shopping.

”So you go do your shopping, I’ll go on a photo walk around the city.”
”No, that’s boring. Better to do both together.”
*spends 6h waiting outside of stores*

Travelling alone is the way to go. The risk of getting mugged in the street is cheaper than the hours spent waiting on other people.