The "What pissed you off today" thread

Discussion in 'General' started by jamiepoulton, Oct 27, 2009.

1. bad alice

bad alice Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

OH MATE!
    :hug:*
    :(

*super-mega-ultra-gentle

Chu likes this.
  2. Chu

Chu Well-Known Member

Thanks. I don't think it's too bad based on how much some people can suffer with theirs but it's the random shooting pains which threaten to drop me to the floor! I'm staying as active as I can; I'm fortunate to have an excellent treadmill at home (due being a tad obsessed by excercise) and also a wife that is a deep tissue injury therapist but I'm just keen to get better. It could be much worse. My sister in law has just been diagnosed with cancer so I'm not feeling sorry for myself.

3. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

Bad one mate.

Chu likes this.
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae I like owls.

YouTube Channel:
    Kebbe666
    I've mentioned this before but I'll do it again: I hate my phone. I hate that the market only have two alternatives. I hate that any decent phone comes with a ridiculous price tag. Above all I hate that Apple expects me to pay £1300 for a new phone when the one I paid £1100 for less than 3 fucking years ago barely works anymore despite only being subjected to software updates.

Was talking to my brother a while back:
    - "How much did that guitar cost?"
    - "About £1000"
    - "What?!"

Dude you buy a phone more expensive than that every other year, that guitar will last my lifetime.

5. @ssinine

@ssinine Professional noodler

Sinusitis. I've slept 10 hours and I'm still a train wreck.

6. Magnus Pym

Magnus Pym Grudges rot the soul

And it will still be worth money rather than being a museum piece) in 20 years time. I've got a box full of old phones that I don't know what to do with. no-body will recycle (or even dispose of ) them as they are too old and I don't want them to end up in land fill. I guess I'll just wait for the predicted dystopia to overtake us and sell them for the rare elements they contain to a guy with pockets full of weapons and one eye.

@ssinine, bad alice and Strigidae like this.
  7. Magnus Pym

Recently I had a day where I basically stood around a lot. My right knee started having a dull ache. Not much but noticeable. If it was any less I'd ignore it, any more and I'd go to the doctors. The pain just keeps going away and coming back just enough to annoy me. It's doing it on purpose.

@ssinine and bad alice like this.
  8. Wade Garrett

The check engine light came on in the car. Balls.

Came back home to find a big patch of mold on the curtain in the lounge. Double balls.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    @ssinine likes this.
  9. ed lespaul

ed lespaul Well-Known Member

Could be something as simple as low oil, or even a gas cap that wasn't tightened during the last fuel stop. Get it checked, but hope for the best.

Wade Garrett likes this.
  10. Wade Garrett

Thanks man. I hope it's nothing big, the car runs fine. I'll top up the oil to see if that helps. If not I'll phone the garage on Monday.

11. Wade Garrett

I can't sleep.

12. Wade Garrett

I couldn't get in to watch this afternoons film. There's usually seats at the back we don't sell but even they were full. The good side is we're busy.

13. Tankman

Tankman Well-Known Member

FUCKING ESTEBAN OCON YOU BAGUETTE EATING IDIOT!!!

Rick and Sustainerplayer like this.
  14. mirage2101

mirage2101 Well-Known Member

Well then this should make you smile again https://twitter.com/TomekTR/status/1061692445413568512

It's not.. I want to say it's not ok and a bad example you're setting as a sportsman.. But this is some old fashion stuff here.. And honestly I love the fire Max has.

Sustainerplayer and Tankman like this.
  15. Tankman

I saw that and it did make me smile. I would've knocked him out. What an idiot... the interview Ocon gave to the Dutch tv made me hate him even more. Clueless. I'm glad he has no ride next year.

Sustainerplayer likes this.
  16. mirage2101

mirage2101 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that interview was the worst. He does seem to be baiting. I think it's a shame tbh.. Ocon is not a bad driver he just needs to grow up a bit. But then that goes for max too :)

I just read Max got a two day community service penalty for the incident. I suppose that's fair.

17. AngusWolfe

AngusWolfe Likes red things.

Ocon was wrong on track, Verstappen out of order off track. Can't go attacking people because it didn't go your way.

There are crashes in racing, Ocon in theory had the right to pass (although why he thought it was necessary is beyond me), Max likes to squeeze it a bit, Ocon got a bit clumsy. That gives nobody the right to hunt down and assault the man. Massive respect lost for Verstappen today.

Sustainerplayer and Tankman like this.
  18. ed lespaul

ed lespaul Well-Known Member

Stopped in Guitar Center to play an ESP George Lynch Kamikaze. If you're selling a $2800 guitar, and have it locked, so you have to ask a salesman to get it for you, fucking have the guitar tuned FFS.

19. Magnus Pym

Update. It's not going away so I've booked in with the Doc.

Sustainerplayer and @ssinine like this.
  20. Tankman

Well, if you ask a guy what the fuck he was thinking and he responds by smiling at you...then the thing I don't understand is why Verstappen didn't beat Ocon to a pulp. I think Ocon was way out of line on and off the track. I think Hamilton should've kept his mouth shut about the situation. He obviously had no idea what went down. They should have disqualified Ocon and banned him from the next race.

If I read all the media, it seems the FIA agrees, F1 agrees. Ocon is a baguette eating idiot and we don't need any more idiots in F1. We have our hands full with Stroll and Magnussen.