The what are you watching on TV? (or iplayer or 4od etc.) Thread

beans & rice

Final season of Jessica Jones was pretty strong. Bittersweet ending for the whole Hell's Kitchen universe.
Too bad we won't aren't likely to get any more of these stories, and certainly not with these actors.

Santa Clarita Diet was cancelled, too. Wish Netflix would dump bankrolling all these stand-up comedians and paying for things like Friends - which I like, but c'mon already - and step up to becoming a real powerhouse for new entertainment.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I watched season one 1 of Mr. Iglesias. It's a sitcom starring Gabriel 'Fluffy' Iglesias. I always liked his stand up. It's a Netflix original in which he plays a history teacher in a high school. It took some getting used to in the beginning, but it was nice. I hope they make more. It's very simple, Fluffy humor. 20 minutes per episode.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
Watched Stranger Things season 3 the past couple of days. The first few episodes had me worried; I really didn't like them at all. Things took a drastic shift about halfway through and the season finished strong.

mirage2101

I just finished season 8 of suits. That wasn’t exciting. Chernobyl was really good. Punisher s2 was ok but pretty long in the teeth.
Watched ep1 of stranger things s3. I’d love to keep watching but I have to wait for my wife.

The group climbing up a hill with the antenna made me thing of the cloudbusting video clip

beans & rice

Loved Stranger Things 3. Their attention to details is fantastic. I'm not talking about possible plot holes and devices, I mean the visual continuities and small details that add to the immersion.
The little nods along the way to all things 80s are great.

It was funny, when Robin started getting more screen time I mentioned to my wife that she reminded me of Uma Thurman. Turns out the actress is Uma's and Ethan's kid. :D

mirage2101

Strangers things 3: More gory horror this time around. My wife didn't like it at all. I think spreading the attention between the two problems hurt the series. Despite more people dying it didn't feel like a more threathening season. I don't know.. I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the previous two.

GLOW: probably popped up because of the 80s thing after stranger things. Surprisingly fun watch. If I tell you it means Glorious Ladies of Wrestling it probably will tell you what you need to know.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Strangers things 3: More gory horror this time around. My wife didn't like it at all. I think spreading the attention between the two problems hurt the series. Despite more people dying it didn't feel like a more threathening season. I don't know.. I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the previous two.

GLOW: probably popped up because of the 80s thing after stranger things. Surprisingly fun watch. If I tell you it means Glorious Ladies of Wrestling it probably will tell you what you need to know.
+1 on both.

ed lespaul

Being this week is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo moon landing, there have been a bunch of shows regarding all entire Apollo missions. It's fantastic to see that man landed on the moon with less computer power than we have in our cell phone. Simply fascinating.

mirage2101

Being this week is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo moon landing, there have been a bunch of shows regarding all entire Apollo missions. It's fantastic to see that man landed on the moon with less computer power than we have in our cell phone. Simply fascinating.
A LOT less. What they were packing back then wasn't even enough to play back an mp3.
There's still a lot of older tech in the space program. If I remember correctly the modern stuff is a lot more suspectible to radiation because of the small scales we're working with. So either you have to shield the crap out of it. Or use older stuff.