The what are you watching on TV? (or iplayer or 4od etc.) Thread

mirage2101

Black mirror is great.

I’m not sure I’ll be able to get myself to read game of thrones but it’s a face that the first 4-5 seasons were great and it got progressively worse after that.
I still enjoy it a lot more then a lot of other series though.

ed lespaul

Holy S#!t, I am blown away at HBO's Chernobyl. The first one started a little bit slow, setting things up (after the initial blast), but this week's episode was absolutely amazing!!!

mirage2101

Absolutely glowing!
Run through forests on a hot Summer day
Trying to break down walls of numbing pain
Give me the freedom to destroy
Give me radioactive toy
Taste the water from a stream of running death
Eat the apple and cough a dying breath
Feel the sun burning through your black skin
Pour me into a hole, inform my next of kin
Run through graveyards on a dusty Winter day
Spit the dirt out and try to say
Give me radioactive toy

geek points for who names the band without using google.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Run through forests on a hot Summer day
Trying to break down walls of numbing pain
Give me radioactive toy
Taste the water from a stream of running death
Eat the apple and cough a dying breath
Feel the sun burning through your black skin
Pour me into a hole, inform my next of kin
Run through graveyards on a dusty Winter day
Spit the dirt out and try to say
Give me radioactive toy

geek points for who names the band without using google.
In Chernobyl it seems Porcupines grow on trees, what with radiation and all. Am I a geek?

mirage2101

Twilight zone 2019
I’ve only seen the first ep but it’s a classic twilight zone story. Well executed, something to think about. I’ve seen bad reviews but I don’t agree at all.
I really enjoyed myself and looking forward to the rest.

I watched Dead To Me over the weekend, which was something that just appeared on Netflix as a recommendation. It's fairly short, 10 episodes long, about a woman whose husband is killed in a hit-and-run accident (no spoiler there because that's the setup of the story). I thought it was quite good, with plenty of surprises - it's basically a quirky psychological drama.

The new season of Lucifer is next...

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
I watched Dead To Me over the weekend, which was something that just appeared on Netflix as a recommendation. It's fairly short, 10 episodes long, about a woman whose husband is killed in a hit-and-run accident (no spoiler there because that's the setup of the story). I thought it was quite good, with plenty of surprises - it's basically a quirky psychological drama.

The new season of Lucifer is next...
Thanks @GloopyJon
M and I were pondering Dead To Me
Defo go now though!
:)

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this series yet, but on HBO/Sky Atlantic a cool Mini series called "Chernobyl" which has a fucking amazing cast and is about the disaster and the following mission for the truth to be known. It really highlights all that was bad about the USSR and the way the extreme Left did things and how people in power at all levels were just so under qualified to be in charge of tying their own shoe laces, let alone anything as big as a nuclear equipped nation.

I really love factual shows and dramas, so this show is perfect for me. It also meant that the sub I paid to watch Game of Thrones end up being wasted.

If you don't have HBO or Sky in the UK, you can subscribe to Now TV, which is the official streaming service from Sky. You can get 3 types of passes for the content on their, which are Sports, Film and Entertainment. The Entertainment pass is for all the TV shows. You are also able to watch Sky channels live (which I did for Game of Thrones). I also have a Sport's pass so I can watch Sky Sports F1 without having to watch illegal live streams. One thing I will say is it's pretty expensive compared to Amazon Prime/Netflix, but it's not too hard to find discount codes or promotional events, where you can get 3 , 6 or 12 months much cheaper than the month by month basis I am currently using.

Anyone in the UK who can't really spare the money to buy a sub, I can help you find the episodes "elsewhere" or I might be able to let one or two people know the ID for my account to watch it. Every Tuesday morning at 2am (Monday's @ 9pm for the USA) is when they air the next episodes. With Now TV you can also view stuff On Demand, so if you don't want to be up that late on a school night, but want to see the episodes before the reruns on Friday/Saturday's.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this series yet, but on HBO/Sky Atlantic a cool Mini series called "Chernobyl" which has a fucking amazing cast and is about the disaster and the following mission for the truth to be known. It really highlights all that was bad about the USSR and the way the extreme Left did things and how people in power at all levels were just so under qualified to be in charge of tying their own shoe laces, let alone anything as big as a nuclear equipped nation.

I really love factual shows and dramas, so this show is perfect for me. It also meant that the sub I paid to watch Game of Thrones end up being wasted.

If you don't have HBO or Sky in the UK, you can subscribe to Now TV, which is the official streaming service from Sky. You can get 3 types of passes for the content on their, which are Sports, Film and Entertainment. The Entertainment pass is for all the TV shows. You are also able to watch Sky channels live (which I did for Game of Thrones). I also have a Sport's pass so I can watch Sky Sports F1 without having to watch illegal live streams. One thing I will say is it's pretty expensive compared to Amazon Prime/Netflix, but it's not too hard to find discount codes or promotional events, where you can get 3 , 6 or 12 months much cheaper than the month by month basis I am currently using.

Anyone in the UK who can't really spare the money to buy a sub, I can help you find the episodes "elsewhere" or I might be able to let one or two people know the ID for my account to watch it. Every Tuesday morning at 2am (Monday's @ 9pm for the USA) is when they air the next episodes. With Now TV you can also view stuff On Demand, so if you don't want to be up that late on a school night, but want to see the episodes before the reruns on Friday/Saturday's.
Been loving the hell out of Chernobyl.

beans & rice

So who has Prime or whatever it is that's showing Good Omens?

I've read that book so many times and given away a few of my copies over the years, and was so excited to see it got a mini-series treatment. But I don't subscribe to the service and don't want to sign up just to watch. Bummer. Anyone see any of it yet?

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
So who has Prime or whatever it is that's showing Good Omens?

I've read that book so many times and given away a few of my copies over the years, and was so excited to see it got a mini-series treatment. But I don't subscribe to the service and don't want to sign up just to watch. Bummer. Anyone see any of it yet?
I've just checked my Amazon Prime and it is on there with Prime dude.

Also, you can get a free trial with Amazon Prime, not sure if it's 7 days or a month though.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Mine was a month, and I've decided to keep it. So much fun stuff on there. Watching Seinfeld still.
You can add channels on Prime, so I have Funimation added, so I can watch their dubbed anime. I then have Crunchyroll for the subbed stuff.

American God's is a show I followed, but I just found it boring in the second season. Some Netflix shows have moved to Prime and the new Star Trek Piccard is airing on Prime later this year. Hopefully it won't be a WOKE agenda driven show like Discovery was.

mirage2101

good omens is released the 31st I believe?
I'm looking forward to it.

If you like chernobyl you might like the (severely underrated) manhattan project tv series.
It's about the two teams trying to design the nuclear bomb while they're pretty much secluded in the dessert. Add a blue team/red team and spy angle and it's actually quite fascinating.

I finished halt and catch fire a while ago. It lost cohesion a bit in the last two seasons due to big timeskips but I really enjoyed it. Who knew you could write a drama about nerds making computers/internet/a search engine.