The what are you watching on TV? (or iplayer or 4od etc.) Thread

mirage2101

Watched Sex education with my wife over last week.
That show is better AND funnier then it has any right to be.
At first glance you think, ok it's a high school show with a lot of excuses for dick jokes. But the actors are doing pretty damn well and while there are dick jokes there's some hefty stuff being handled.

Keep your kids out of the room but do try it!

beans & rice

We're still on season 2 of The Orville, it never fails to deliver.
Just made it through the 2-parter with the massive space battle.
I've noticed they've toned down the Family Guy approach a little more each episode, and headed much more towards being a serious ST:TNG 2.0 which is perfectly fine with me. It is certainly its own unique version of that, but the similarities are too many. I imagine MacFarlane would be okay with that.

I hope it sticks around for a good while, it's another really good sci-fi series that's finally found its own footing.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Just made it through the 2-parter with the massive space battle.
I've noticed they've toned down the Family Guy approach a little more each episode, and headed much more towards being a serious ST:TNG 2.0 which is perfectly fine with me. It is certainly its own unique version of that, but the similarities are too many. I imagine MacFarlane would be okay with that.

I hope it sticks around for a good while, it's another really good sci-fi series that's finally found its own footing.
That two parter was great, I loved the battle sequence, I though it was very impressive.

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
There's a very interesting series on the BBC at the moment, called Race Across The World. Basically, the teams have to get to Singapore from London without flying and without phones, etc. with a budget of just over £2k.

Derry Girls is back, best sitcom of the 2010's, fight me.

I also think the latest series of Top Gear has been pretty good.

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
FORMULA 1 IS STARTING AGAIN THIS WEEKEND!!!!
MotoGP started this week and was as good as ever, by the looks of it Suzuki has got a bike as good as anyone else and with Mir and Rins riding it they're looking solid. Marquez and Lorenzo on the Honda is going to be fireworks, and Dovi has been getting better and better as the years go on. Only sad thing is Yamaha, they don't look like they have the pace, but Vinales thrashed everyone for pole and Rossi had good race pace. if they can pull together a tidy weekend they could still win races.

Formula 1 could be an interesting season too. Bottas looks like a changed man, Leclerc in the Ferrari, Red Bull now powered by Honda, Renault with a top driver. By the looks of testing times Alfa Romeo (Formerly Sauber) look like they have the pace to be best of the rest. But I can't shake the feeling that Mercedes are just going to come out with another unbeatable package and it's going to be another sail to a championship for Hamilton.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
MotoGP started this week and was as good as ever, by the looks of it Suzuki has got a bike as good as anyone else and with Mir and Rins riding it they're looking solid. Marquez and Lorenzo on the Honda is going to be fireworks, and Dovi has been getting better and better as the years go on. Only sad thing is Yamaha, they don't look like they have the pace, but Vinales thrashed everyone for pole and Rossi had good race pace. if they can pull together a tidy weekend they could still win races.

Formula 1 could be an interesting season too. Bottas looks like a changed man, Leclerc in the Ferrari, Red Bull now powered by Honda, Renault with a top driver. By the looks of testing times Alfa Romeo (Formerly Sauber) look like they have the pace to be best of the rest. But I can't shake the feeling that Mercedes are just going to come out with another unbeatable package and it's going to be another sail to a championship for Hamilton.
I never was able to get into MotoGP. I prefer 4 wheels I guess. It should be an interesting season, although I am bracing myself for another boring Mercedes on top, closely followed by Ferrari year.

In other news, it's gonna be a season without Charlie Whiting, unfortunately. RIP.

beans & rice

We got through about 5 of the LDR shorts. Yeah, hit or miss, and haven't gone back to them yet.

Third season of Santa Clarita Diet started last week and we're about 6 eps into it. Zany and bloody and silly as ever. :D

There's a show on ABC called Splitting Up Together. It's about a couple that separates, but they stay in the same house since they can't sell it. Each week, one of them sleeps in their guest cottage while the other stays in the house and is the decision-making adult for the kids.
It has a stupid premise, but we started watching it. We're both at the point of calling it, because it's just more ridiculous each episode.
Really, fuck these people. They all suck, even the kids. :facepalm:

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
Third season of Santa Clarita Diet started last week and we're about 6 eps into it. Zany and bloody and silly as ever. :D
Oh yeah, we got through this over the weekend. I thought the first half was a bit weaker than previous seasons, but it finishes really strong. Last couple of episodes are probably the best the show's done.

mirage2101

We got through about 5 of the LDR shorts. Yeah, hit or miss, and haven't gone back to them yet.
If you just watch one, watch Zima blue. It's a short story by Alistair Reynolds, a well known SF writer. The story has robots, no death.. And love in a certain way. It's the kind of philosophical sci fi that should be on tv more often.

beans & rice

If you just watch one, watch Zima blue. It's a short story by Alistair Reynolds, a well known SF writer. The story has robots, no death.. And love in a certain way. It's the kind of philosophical sci fi that should be on tv more often.
Nice. That one doesn't look familiar, so I'll make sure to check it out.