The what are you watching on TV? (or iplayer or 4od etc.) Thread

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
I never actually watched The IT Crowd from start to finish, just the occasional episode and some clips.
So... ALL of The IT Crowd is being watched.
Absolutely fantastic show.
Jesus Christ, I don't know why I never actually watched it.
I've been choking on my tea and nearly dying more times than usual...

Favourite show recently on Netflix was Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - very Buffyesque, and it was fun to see Richard Coyle (ex of Coupling) in a different role. I look forward to season 2. From that, I went to Riverdale which Sabrina is apparently some kind of spin-off from, although I don't see the link. That's OK, but a little bit too much earnest-teenager (although in its defence there are some VERY cute girls in it!).

For obvious reasons, I watched the recent Netflix film "Cam". It's pretty stupid, don't bother to watch it!

Otherwise, my favourite viewing is Ben Crowe's latest mad guitar build on the Crimson Guitars YouTube channel. I still have no idea whether he's going to succeed in making what he plans - at the moment, it looks like it's all going to fall apart in a mess of splintered wood, so the tension is high... :)

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Favourite show recently on Netflix was Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - very Buffyesque, and it was fun to see Richard Coyle (ex of Coupling) in a different role. I look forward to season 2. From that, I went to Riverdale which Sabrina is apparently some kind of spin-off from, although I don't see the link. That's OK, but a little bit too much earnest-teenager (although in its defence there are some VERY cute girls in it!).

For obvious reasons, I watched the recent Netflix film "Cam". It's pretty stupid, don't bother to watch it!

Otherwise, my favourite viewing is Ben Crowe's latest mad guitar build on the Crimson Guitars YouTube channel. I still have no idea whether he's going to succeed in making what he plans - at the moment, it looks like it's all going to fall apart in a mess of splintered wood, so the tension is high... :)
The new Sabrina was good, I enjoyed that a lot, it was pretty dark. Did you know The Satanic Temple sued Netflix for the use of the Baphomet statue in the series? Weird. Did you watch Buffy back in the day? It's my favourite series ever.

I'm behind with my viewing of Riverdale, I haven't seen it for a couple of months but it's been a good watch.

I watched Cam the other day too, it was ok but I felt the ending let it down a lot.

The new Sabrina was good, I enjoyed that a lot, it was pretty dark. Did you know The Satanic Temple sued Netflix for the use of the Baphomet statue in the series? Weird. Did you watch Buffy back in the day? It's my favourite series ever.
I saw the headlines about that but didn't read the stories. It looked a bit silly to me. I really enjoyed Buffy, I thought it was an excellent series in many ways - strong characters, great stories, generally well acted, and nice humour to go along with the darker parts (which is also the approach that I like in Sabrina). I liked Angel too, although it never quite had the compelling story and verve that Buffy had. And other Joss Whedon series as well, but that's a whole thread on its own.

I watched Cam the other day too, it was ok but I felt the ending let it down a lot.
Well...the boobs were nice. The ending was just stupid.

Various people mentioned the Haunting of Hill House (or whatever it's called) which my gf has been watching but it looks too dark and gruesome for me. I like things with a bit of humour and a lighter touch.

I've also recently enjoyed The Good Place and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which is a bit ridiculous but can be very funny (and which suddenly went very dark in the last series!). I liked Altered Development too, although that got a bit tired towards the end.

I think most of what I watch these days is on YouTube, though, which is mostly related to guitars / woodworking, F1 or occasional things that catch my eye - recently I've been watching a lot of interviews with Jordan Peterson, who is a very interesting guy. I've bought his book - 12 rules for life - but I haven't started to read it yet.

Tankman

I hate F1 offseason. So many bored sundays... I'm going to give Formula E a try. I like the look of the new cars, they are faster, they don't have to switch cars halfway through the race anymore and half the grid is former F1 guys including Stoffel Vandoorne and Felipe Massa.

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
I hate F1 offseason. So many bored sundays... I'm going to give Formula E a try. I like the look of the new cars, they are faster, they don't have to switch cars halfway through the race anymore and half the grid is former F1 guys including Stoffel Vandoorne and Felipe Massa.
This season may be different because it's faster and there are no pit stops, but I can think of maybe 2 boring Formula E races, and I've watched all of them. I can think of four boring F1 races from this season.

It's not to everyone's tastes, and I understand that, but there's very rarely nothing happening.

*quiet voice* I prefer it to F1 since Rosberg left

beans & rice

I haven't watched either, but Sabrina was another Archie comic from decades back.

beans & rice

The Kominsky Method on Netflix. Michael Douglas is an acting coach, and Alan Arkin is his agent and best friend.
It's an 8-episode production from writer/producer Chuck Lorre (Big Bang, 2-1/2 Men) about 2 old guys just getting through it, dealing with loss and failure and being fucking old. It's warm and sad and funny, really dug it.

Started The Punisher, 4 episodes in. Meh. I really hate the kid in it. And the abundance of exploring psychological trauma is becoming a drag. It was handled very well in the last season of Daredevil, but here it's like a hammer.

Tankman

I've been watching a lot of Superstore lately. The humor is so dry. I love it. I love these shows set in work locations. The office was great. This kind of works in that style.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
Sex Education on Netflix.

Damn funny series. Gillian Anderson plays the sex therapist mother and her teenage son picks up the therapist business at school.
It may be a teenage comedy ... but I think it works well for all ages up.

Best series in a long time. I'll give it 9 out og ten!

beans & rice

Season 5 of Grace and Frankie.
I'll tell you what </hankhill>, if I can even make it to 80, I want to have the piss and vinegar that Fonda and Tomlin have.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Russian Doll (Netflix)

A similar premis to Groundhog Day but *watches nervously for lightening striking* dare I say, way BETTER?
M&I are halfway through and loving it; existential themes, hilarious black comedy and some killer dialogue. Natasha Lyonne who stars (and is the main writer) is outstanding...
:)

beans & rice

^
We finished Russian Doll last night. Yup, shades of Groundhog Day, mixed with the other Netflix series, Maniac (Emma Stone & Jonah Hill). I'm glad it resolved well enough to be a standalone story, nothing lingering to drag into a second series. Lyonne was stellar.