The 'What are you Playing now' Thread

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
What I mean is. I've heard and liked blues for years but never really played it.

Especially loving the old slow blues stuff right now.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
So you didn't go down to the crossroads? :eek:
So it wasn't like an episode of Blue's Clues, with you wandering around a music store, aimlessly looking everywhere but the Blues section, and asking the audience "What do you want me to see? Where is it? Blues? No, I don't see any Blues, here... Where are the Blues?"
Disappointing.

Wuzza

long time lurker
Billy Corgan I am not. But challenge accepted! The result is as you'd expect :)
(I'm amazed that guitar still plays btw, the strings on it are older then I've been a member here)

Fuck me dude, that was pretty quick. I never realised it was in A#, I always played it in E :p

mirage2101

Fuck me dude, that was pretty quick. I never realised it was in A#, I always played it in E :p
I’m not sure it’s A#? There is a regular A in there. But theory isn’t my strong suit.
To complicate matters On the cd all strings are half a step down, but I’m lazy so I’m playing sharp here.

Neilybob100

Currently my the office band we are playing some easy rock covers, mostly ZZ Top one's. This is because our lead vox and bass left the band. This now means I've been on lead vox and rhythm guitar for a short while. Singing and playing guitar is bloody hard!! Just gotta keep practicing at it.

At home I'm discovering blues and phasing. Starting to appreciate large no guitar gaps between phase and question and answer playing. Loving the BB box.

Neilybob100

Currently my the office band we are playing some easy rock covers, mostly ZZ Top one's. This is because our lead vox and bass left the band. This now means I've been on lead vox and rhythm guitar for a short while. Singing and playing guitar is bloody hard!! Just gotta keep practicing at it.

At home I'm discovering blues and phasing. Starting to appreciate large no guitar gaps between phase and question and answer playing. Loving the BB box.

Update.

Our lead guitarist brought "Don't Cry" to the table today. First impressions, wow it's slow! Lol.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck

I put my PRS in Open C and learned how to play this. It was the first time in years I sat down and learned how to play a whole song. The cool descending pattern he plays when singing 'money money money...' was messing with my brain. When I finally realized I need to just break it down in smaller portions I figured out the pattern and now I can do it flawlessly! Me happy!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've been trying to learn Amongst the Shadows and the Stones off the new Trivium album. I haven't played anything this heavy in years. I'm noticing my right hand has slowed down a lot. I'm trying to build my speed back up to do all the gallops and such. The left hand surprisingly is keeping up.

beans & rice

Since getting the Quintessence pedal I've been learning modes. Why not. :bounce: So far I'm comfortable with phrygian and dorian enough and the character and mood they each can provide. What they're teaching me more than anything is that they're good tools for creating chord progressions with a specific kind of atmopshere, opening me up to new ideas.