The "WAT'ARE YOO LISSENING TO" topic

beans & rice

My YT algorithm has plunked down a hefty load of 70s fusion, funk and jazz-rock instrumental albums in my lap lately, and I couldn't be happier about that.

And @DrHankWanfordSnr has just now added one to the pile. I taste tested a little of that album and it definitely sent the cat up my tree.
I'm not sure what I mean by that, but it sounded good in my dented skull. :cool:
Also, it's funny because only recently did I come across Ichika Nito on YT, and there he is on one of these songs.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
My YT algorithm has plunked down a hefty load of 70s fusion, funk and jazz-rock instrumental albums in my lap lately, and I couldn't be happier about that.

And @DrHankWanfordSnr has just now added one to the pile. I taste tested a little of that album and it definitely sent the cat up my tree.
I'm not sure what I mean by that, but it sounded good in my dented skull. :cool:
Also, it's funny because only recently did I come across Ichika Nito on YT, and there he is on one of these songs.
the drummer in Polyphia is a beast.
Adds Ichika to the list.

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
Lickerish Quartet - very good, as expected from 3 of the 4 members of the last line up of Jellyfish
First Aid Kit - also very good
Angelheaded Hipster - loads of different takes of T Rex tunes. you don't realise what a good writer Bolan was until you get so many varying artists taking on his work

beans & rice

Sometimes loud fucking metal is the only thing to scour my mind of the day and inject me with energy. It's definitely in my guts, bones and blood, this stuff. :furious:
I just strung together some Pestilence, Dead Cross, Malevolent Creation, Kreator, Exodus, Testament, Carcass, Death Angel, Forbidden, High on Fire, Voivod, SYL, Prong, and some other stuff and I'm ready for anything. :hot:

Wuzza

long time lurker
You know when you're getting old when pretty much everything anyone links, you've never heard of.....

So here's some good old school listening. :D I'll get you!!!

beans & rice

Serious confession time: I have never owned a single Pink Floyd album.

Never needed to. They're one of those bands that were pervasive in music and culture before I was born, and so most of my friends, and everyone else, owned their stuff, or it could be found on every classic rock station between Zeppelin, Sabbath and AC/DC songs. :D
But I realized that I wanted to hear DSOTM and didn't have it, so I rectified that, along with picking up WYWH.
Smart choices, if I do say so myself. ;)