The "WAT'ARE YOO LISSENING TO" topic

beans & rice

Just picked up on The Marlboro Men. Out of Australia, an instrumental outfit that fits under the stoner genre. So much cool shit in the way of riffs and grooves in the genre. Feels a lot like the kind of stuff I tend to write: short songs, riffs carrying a light melody.
It's a side project. It's just a couple of guys and they've only done 3 albums in about a decade.

Also, Black Rainbows out of Italy is a killer group in the same genre. Great production. Sometimes the fuzz can overtake everything else, but they're nice and clean.

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
Messing around today I came up with a few ideas that at the moment I feel I could eventually put together a song with. Painfully obvious how much Monuments I've been listening to though :p
Also obsessed with the tones on this At the Gates song

beans & rice

Pain of Salvation has a new one coming out at the end of the month.
Ever since they made "Be" I really appreciate that they've challenged themselves to experiment with each new album, never stay in a comfort zone for too long. But they've never lost the core sound and soul of what makes the band.
The two singles they've released so far are a fair departure for them, but intrinsically still PoS.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've always like two or three Deftones songs. Last weekend I decided to listen to the Around the Fur album completely. Result, I still only like two or three Deftones songs. :D

Uptown

A confused lysdexic
Also, Black Rainbows out of Italy is a killer group in the same genre. Great production. Sometimes the fuzz can overtake everything else, but they're nice and clean.
They've got a great groove, hit that same thing as Kadavar in a weirdly similar but different way.

On another note, really back on the vomity sounding Swedish death metal trip at the moment