The "WAT'ARE YOO LISSENING TO" topic

Neilybob100

I've got those exact pickups, a Strat, a thumb ring, and some bracelets, but for some reason, I still can't seem to sound like that...
Pickups must be defective. Or maybe it's because I don't have enough bracelets... That's probably it, yeah.
Bahahaha

On a serious note, are those pickups as amazing as the hype about them?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Bahahaha

On a serious note, are those pickups as amazing as the hype about them?

Long, rambling answer: They are some great-sounding pickups, and I haven't found anywhere they lack (other than my huge PC not exactly being ideally-located, so if I face it, while I play, there's some LOVELY hum and sizzling noises, from my fans and all... so maybe more shielding would be nice, but that's not really the pickups' fault, heh). I am not a huge single-coil person, but mostly just because I haven't owned a lot of single-coil pickup guitars, because the few I've owned, I've loved, and these are some of the sweetest-sounding single-coils I've used... BUT, I also have only ever used crappy, super-budget single-coils in the past (Squier Affinity HSS Strat, Fender "Starcaster" super-cheap Strat, etc), unless you count guitars I've briefly tried in shops, so I don't have the best range to compare them to.

Short answer: They seem pretty darn great, they sound pretty darn great, and I've heard at LEAST 1 other person play my guitar with them, and it sounded beautiful, so I know they're even better than I make them sound. :D
They do great bluesy tones, and they seem to love fuzz, so I'm happy.

beans & rice

I didn't even know these guys had put out 3 albums. Rather, their third is coming out soon.
This song is great. Hearkens back to the power rock of the 80s. Journey, with balls. Doug Aldrich fucking kills!

The Frontiers label is to hard rock now what the Magna Carta label was to prog in the 90s.

Neilybob100

Long, rambling answer: They are some great-sounding pickups, and I haven't found anywhere they lack (other than my huge PC not exactly being ideally-located, so if I face it, while I play, there's some LOVELY hum and sizzling noises, from my fans and all... so maybe more shielding would be nice, but that's not really the pickups' fault, heh). I am not a huge single-coil person, but mostly just because I haven't owned a lot of single-coil pickup guitars, because the few I've owned, I've loved, and these are some of the sweetest-sounding single-coils I've used... BUT, I also have only ever used crappy, super-budget single-coils in the past (Squier Affinity HSS Strat, Fender "Starcaster" super-cheap Strat, etc), unless you count guitars I've briefly tried in shops, so I don't have the best range to compare them to.

Short answer: They seem pretty darn great, they sound pretty darn great, and I've heard at LEAST 1 other person play my guitar with them, and it sounded beautiful, so I know they're even better than I make them sound. :D
They do great bluesy tones, and they seem to love fuzz, so I'm happy.
Cool. Thanks

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Found this young lady on youtube, she's insanely good. Hasn't posted for a couple of years but still a wealth of excellent covers.

Tina S

I've listened to almost all of them this last few days, got me hooked. I then went and checked out her teacher, again, excellent.

Renaud LS

beans & rice

The Sonos is vibrating the house again with a plethora of Rush. Back to Exit...Stage Left right now.

I'm so glad I've been among the millions to see/hear Rush create that union of sound that only they can. Could. :oops:
Just wish I'd made that choice a few more times.