The "WAT'ARE YOO LISSENING TO" topic

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Motley Crue - Red White and Crue. Thought I'd break out the Greatest Hits after watching The Dirt. Good vibes.
Also received a copy of Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication. Also good vibes.

Wuzza

long time lurker
May have linked this before, however..... showed this to a mate this week.
"Yeah, it's almost as good as the original....." (he thought RHCP wrote it...…) /Head /Despair

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'm listening to Devin Townsend's new album Empath. It's amazing. This guy is such an artist.

I saw him live in concert last Thursday in a giant cathedral, which of course has great natural reverb that fits Devin perfectly. It was an acoustic show. Just vocals and guitar. Nothing else. Very intimate. He also did about an hour of Q&A about everything including spirituality and why he prefers Star Wars over Star Trek. During this Q&A he explained his mindset during the making of Empath. With that in mind, it helps to understand the complexity and unpredictability of the album. It's really all over the place from happy showtunes to death metal and everything in between.

I love it! Devin is the best vocalist and composer I have ever heard. Not saying his songs are the best in the world, but him as an artist is just mindblowing.

Wuzza

long time lurker
There aren't many albums that I can listen to all the way through. This is one of them. I don't tought muso's lightly, and they are one band I'd have loved to have seen in their heyday.
Quick listen, they told me to run....

Full on 60 minute hardon version.
(It gets going at 1:25)
(if you can find the live version, well, you're a better person the moi)