The Tattoo thread

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
I appreciate the artistry, but I have none, and do not plan to get any. Just my tuppence.
I am right there with you, Doc. Apart from the fact that I could not stay still, for the same reason that I could tolerate the pain, I cannot imagine ever having the money to waste* on coloring my skin.

*It does not take much worrying about one's grocery budget to make most other spending seem wasteful: your budget may differ.

peachy901

Priest in the Church of Fender
I've gotten a bunch more that I've never posted on here.

I now have 4 on my left arm, my right forearm is covered, one on my upper right arm, my upper back, my whole chest and the inside of my lip :)

I currently have a few hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket, and I want to buy myself a little treat for getting this new job. There's I watch I really want ($170), or a tattoo I've wanted for some time (probably around $300) or I want to put about $500 into an IRA account.

The IRA is of course the sensible thing to do.... by the least fun by a long way.

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
I've gotten a bunch more that I've never posted on here.

I now have 4 on my left arm, my right forearm is covered, one on my upper right arm, my upper back, my whole chest and the inside of my lip :)

I currently have a few hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket, and I want to buy myself a little treat for getting this new job. There's I watch I really want ($170), or a tattoo I've wanted for some tome (probably around $300) or I want to put about $500 into an IRA account.

The IRA is of course the sensible thing to do.... by the least fun by a long way.
You can always spend it on one of my pickguards, though you will have to wait a few months.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Alright, time to dig this thread out. This is my first proper tattoo, the rough idea had been going through my head since at least 10 years. And somehow, during the last year and particularly the last weeks everything just clicked in to place.

View attachment 31754
Woah!
Sounds like you've really thought this one through and planned it for ages.
Love, family, hate?
Or is my German as rubbish as my German teacher at school regularly informed me...
:)

Woah!
Sounds like you've really thought this one through and planned it for ages.
Love, family, hate?
Or is my German as rubbish as my German teacher at school regularly informed me...
:)
In this case your German is absolutely fine.
It's funny, at first these words were only -dare I say- "cliches" for me.
But over the years they have been filled with personal meaning through good & and "not quite as good" times.
And now, with the first anniversary of the beginning of my better life just around the corner,
the moment seemed perfect as well.

My mom actually shed some tears when I sent her a picture this morning.

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
I like Tatoo's quite a lot but I won't get one for the foreseeable future, and question if ever with my ambitions career-wise.
This is the thing for me ... law and forensics is a curious game filled with very traditional folks.
Although its not like a Judge is going to get upset if you've got an eagle tattooed on your arse ...

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
It is incredibly difficult to take a photo with my left hand! So I put a filter on to take away the flash, but here's my only tattoo of a rams head:
Tattoo.jpg

Booked in for my next tattoo in September, which will go just beneath this one. Can't wait!

On the issue of cost - considering you get to view your ink every day for the rest of your life, it's pretty cheap. Cars on the other hand ... :mad:

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
In this case your German is absolutely fine.
It's funny, at first these words were only -dare I say- "cliches" for me.
But over the years they have been filled with personal meaning through good & and "not quite as good" times.
And now, with the first anniversary of the beginning of my better life just around the corner,
the moment seemed perfect as well.

My mom actually shed some tears when I sent her a picture this morning.
Nice one @Poseidon
I'm really chuffed for you bud.
This tattoo seem like an excellent way of putting the past behind you and moving forward
You badass, you...
:hug:

Alan O'hagan

Ahh, I've been back and forth on this a few times.
There was a time when I got all deep an meaningful about it - Cancer visited my family and some friends and well let's just say it made its presence known - so I thought about some kind of floral tribute, you know lost friends and loved ones.

Then I worked with this guy who was a Tattoo artist - I almost ended up with a full on Yakazoona

These days if I had the cash I'd spend on gear but I do love the Japanese style

MABLUNG

Ain't nobody like me but me.
I'll be moving my studio soon.
Same town.
But I need more space!!
Gotten super busy over the last couple of years and a change is needed:- location and name.
Started working conventions this year. Did the Cardiff one last week.
Attending the Wolverhampton Halloween Bash Convention in October if any of you are close by.

If anyone is on instagram- I have just started a page. It has more of my recent works on it.
Chris.Lee.Richardson.tattoo

flawlessandeternal

Double OG with a Skeleton Key
I'll be moving my studio soon.
Same town.
But I need more space!!
Gotten super busy over the last couple of years and a change is needed:- location and name.
Started working conventions this year. Did the Cardiff one last week.
Attending the Wolverhampton Halloween Bash Convention in October if any of you are close by.

If anyone is on instagram- I have just started a page. It has more of my recent works on it.
Chris.Lee.Richardson.tattoo
My band's playing Southampton Tattoo Fest on the 21st of October, might be worth checking out.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
My largest piece is on my upper right arm. It's a scene from the Divine Comedy. Ante Purgatory to be exact. Buonconte da Montefeltro, but in my semblance.

If you are not familiar, he was mortally wounded in battle and when he died an angel of hell and and angel of heaven fought for his soul with the angel of heaven winning, leaving his corpse for the angel of hell to punish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mouse

Sometimes a man gets carried away
My largest piece is on my upper right arm. It's a scene from the Divine Comedy. Ante Purgatory to be exact. Buonconte da Montefeltro, but in my semblance.

If you are not familiar, he was mortally wounded in battle and when he died an angel of hell and and angel of heaven fought for his soul with the angel of heaven winning, leaving his corpse for the angel of hell to punish.

Dude I need to see a picture of this! I love the divine comedy and see all it words in Caravagio'esque imagery.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Dude I need to see a picture of this! I love the divine comedy and see all it words in Caravagio'esque imagery.

Jeez, I need to touch it up.

The foreground is the soldier, the back you can see the demon and hands and a face in the shadows. The angel has light piercing the shadows and in ahead of the demon pointing him back to say his soul is ours.

I feel, as a person, I have done good and bad in my life. I hope I do enough good to be saved when my judgement day comes.