The Return Of MonkeyFest \m/

Magnus Pym

AKA - Two Kettles
What about a village hall for a Saturday afternoon? something like ( http://www.swmh.btck.co.uk/ ) probably £50 to £60 to hire. Parking, stage, no noise restriction (during the day) Nice pub round the corner. Bring your own kit, Book the stage for a session. Probably need some additional kit. Running around, Donation to a charity etc. Say £250 all in. Can't be that hard to get together can it?

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
What about a village hall for a Saturday afternoon? something like ( http://www.swmh.btck.co.uk/ ) probably £50 to £60 to hire. Parking, stage, no noise restriction (during the day) Nice pub round the corner. Bring your own kit, Book the stage for a session. Probably need some additional kit. Running around, Donation to a charity etc. Say £250 all in. Can't be that hard to get together can it?
Nice idea but I don`t think the general populace of this forum are now close enough or tight knit enough anymore for it to work. It was different about 2.5, 3 years ago where there were fewer more tight knit members. In fact something like this happened when Fred The Shred visited, Voodoo has a vid on YT.

It's not that dramatic, but the way I see it we'd end up with something like the meet-up I had in Peterborough 3 years ago, i.e. me and the forum's hardcore lads, like Doc mentioned. I mean, every time I go to the UK I end up meeting one or more peeps from the MLF, but a more "arranged" setting is harder to pull off that easily these days!

Magnus Pym

AKA - Two Kettles
How about if we said something like

Watermead Country Park, Leicestershire, Saturday 21st July midday. (happens to be near where I live).

That way it's open to all comers without expense and if no-one turns up; go for a nice walk, pub lunch etc.

Thing is that, when done that way, you get virtually zero attendance as the lack of community bonds ends up making things not that appealing - why would you go to a random meet-up with no projected activities, especially when said event's participants aren't people you feel some sort of connection to? It's a bit of a catch 22, to be honest.

digitalscream

It's not that dramatic, but the way I see it we'd end up with something like the meet-up I had in Peterborough 3 years ago, i.e. me and the forum's hardcore lads, like Doc mentioned. I mean, every time I go to the UK I end up meeting one or more peeps from the MLF, but a more "arranged" setting is harder to pull off that easily these days!
Damn, dude. That must've been just before I met you guys...you were about 10 miles down the A1 from me. Shout if you're going to be in that area again some time.

Adji

Not Enough Prog
I think the best thing to do is save your coins, and either come to the 100,000 Subscriber party in Brighton at the end of this month, or come to MonkeyFest next year ;)

Can't make the subs party unfortunately, but will deffo be MonkeyFesting it if it happens. As soon as you think there is a date booked can you let me know big lad, its tough to get off work that time of year.

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
We can hope for a 2014 Monkey Fest right? Would be nice to do before I go off to Uni and get financiall crippled for 3-4 years.
Yeah I'm really hoping for one in 2014 so I can go to it for high school grad.. Also with the hopes it would be after August 7th so I can legally drink haha