The RCF Kemper Profiler Thread

Chu

I tried the editor for a bit and it seems good. Maybe I've just settled on the sounds I need because I haven't felt the need to use it more.

ed lespaul

There are still a few (minor) bugs with it. I posted the ones I found on the Kemper forums. Hopefully they'll be addressed soon and the editor will become a release version.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
PSA
Update 7.5 beta is out. Featuring the Acoustic Simulator and other stuff.
The ability to use it on a parallel path and morph between acoustic sound with electric guitar and amp tone via expression pedal looks cool.

[pasted from Kemper]
Rig Manager 3.0.126 required!

PROFILER Stage users can immediately update to this revision regardless of the OS version currently installed!

To upgrade classical PROFILER models via USB memory stick from OS versions before OS 7.3, OS 7.3.2 needs to be installed first!
Older versions than OS 7.3 on classical models don't recognize this new integrated OS revision.
For this purpose OS 7.3.2 can be found on the Download Page at Older Software Versions.

Audio

added: new effect Acoustic Simulator in category Equalizer
added: new effects Phase Widener and Delay Widener in category Equalizer
added: new effect Auto Swell in category Compressor
added: Low Cut and High Cut filters in Output Section affecting all outputs
added: Pitch, Voice Interval, and Key in pitch and pitch delay effects can now be morphed
added: S/PDIF slave capability for classical PROFILER models manufactured since about 2019. New devices show option Auto/Internal in Output Section like Stage models do.
improved: S/PDIF latency decreased (at 44.1 kHz)

User Interface

fixed: wrong Rig gets replaced when new Rig gets stored after PROFILING
fixed: UI to MIDI; slave PROFILER loading incorrect Slot with Performance Load set to Pending or Keep Rig
fixed: Looper Mode not displaying Overdub correctly, if Play/Record/Overdup button gets hold after First Recording.
fixed: expression pedals having dead area in heel and toe positions after each restart of PROFILER Stage

Factory Content

added: five delay presets, twelve wah presets, one vowel filter preset, and one vibrato preset
changed: legacy wah presets changed to Pedal Mode=On

DrHankWanfordSnr

The acoustic simulator is on par / with the good acoustic profiles for kemper (and helix) - with the bonus that the whole device isn't being used up for just the acoustic sound..

And there is a 'poor man's' Boss Slow Gear autos-weller in the compressor section. Got your country bends and swells ON !

Chu

The acoustic simulator is on par / with the good acoustic profiles for kemper (and helix) - with the bonus that the whole device isn't being used up for just the acoustic sound..

And there is a 'poor man's' Boss Slow Gear autos-weller in the compressor section. Got your country bends and swells ON !
There's been a way to create auto swells for ages, using the delay. It's slightly sad that Kemper have often got a bum rap for lacking features that are already present.

DrHankWanfordSnr

There's been a way to create auto swells for ages, using the delay. It's slightly sad that Kemper have often got a bum rap for lacking features that are already present.
yep. It galls me to see endless post complaining about missing features/faults/bugs/ 1-2ms of latency.... when the mere act of having a studio quality piece of equipment that houses a 1000 amps doesn't make them happy.

"Here's a free Boss SlowGear" says Christophe.......
"Booooooooo we wanted something else" says the internet
This week a dude was smack talking Kemper for not having midi over usb as he didn't like having to use 2x usb ports for his kemper in his 'studio' (probably an ikea desk and a macbook). Apparently there was no other solution to his lack of usb ports but for Christophe K. to go back in time to 2011 and before and adda feature that amps at the time didn't have. [rant at inflated sense of entitlement over]d

Chu

I liked the guy complaining that they should release updates less frequently to ensure they are better tested.

I've often used the Beta releases and have never had a problem. Those that do have problems often quite specific, unique but minor issues. But if you want less frequent, more tested releases just wait for the Beta to reach release level. They literally give you the choice of either but it's still not enough....

Chu

I also love the amount of people that buy a Kemper and then rant at it when they realise it's not a USB interface. 'But the Helix is'......

Few keen recorderists are going to use a Kemper as their only USB interface but seriously, who buys something so expensive and assumes it will do something it doesn't allude to?

DrHankWanfordSnr

I liked the guy complaining that they should release updates less frequently to ensure they are better tested.

I've often used the Beta releases and have never had a problem. Those that do have problems often quite specific, unique but minor issues. But if you want less frequent, more tested releases just wait for the Beta to reach release level. They literally give you the choice of either but it's still not enough....
Yep. I completely agree. The "OMG this unit is completely useless as it does have [insert new feature on a recent device]" posts.

There was an interesting one recently about latency. The guy who wanted the SPDIF and analogue output to by synchronous - as phasing between the two (during editing) was annoying (it would be). No one asked if he was deleting the 'extra' samples from the start of his recording to sync them up (the Phil X method). Just endless (but gentle) complaints that his important issue wasn't being sorted............. Then Christophe joined in described why it was happening and how they were going to solve it.

(I even got a reply which i'm putting alongside my mild Facebook smackdown from the head of Boss pedals.)

DrHankWanfordSnr

The delays and the mad range of things that they do - where delay is a minor part of the resulting effect is really cool in the Kemper. Picking them apart to see how they're done is very educational.

The shimmer blast and choir presets....... play your part, end on a chord......and a chorus swells to accompany you. Magic.

Chu

The delays and the mad range of things that they do - where delay is a minor part of the resulting effect is really cool in the Kemper. Picking them apart to see how they're done is very educational.

The shimmer blast and choir presets....... play your part, end on a chord......and a chorus swells to accompany you. Magic.
I think it demonstrates how much some people hear with their eyes. Some will always be happier if the Tube Screamer effect comes in a green rectangle, even if a multipurpose overdrive nails it perfectly.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
I've barely looked at the effects section to be honest. I just want a nice delay and reverb that works with metal. Though I will say getting an XLR to TRS cable and using the kemper as a vocal effects box is hilarious.

DrHankWanfordSnr

I've barely looked at the effects section to be honest. I just want a nice delay and reverb that works with metal. Though I will say getting an XLR to TRS cable and using the kemper as a vocal effects box is hilarious.
If you load the Helix Native demo (bear with me) - the presets it has include alot of vocal presets that the floor/rack don't seem to get (but if you move them over into you floor/rack they work super good with acoustic guitar). Our effects processors are supergood for processing more than guitar - which is cool. Haven't used one to add echo / pitch shifting to my voice in GoogleMeetings....but there's still time

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
If you load the Helix Native demo (bear with me) - the presets it has include alot of vocal presets that the floor/rack don't seem to get (but work super good with acoustic guitar). Our effects processors are supergood for processing more than guitar - which is cool. Haven't used one to add echo / pitch shifting to my voice in GoogleMeetings....but there's still time
I need to ask my boss to buy me a Kemper for our next Google Meeting....with the option to use it privately as well.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
So far it's been the old classic of a long reverb and repeating "Help! I'm stuck in a well!" over discord. Though if you do end up doing this make sure to use a clean amp. You can get pretty close to a Kylo Ren if you use the right gain settings though. loooool. It's well worth it just being an idiot over the internet.