The RCF Kemper Profiler Thread

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
Oh boy I just changed my routing a little. Went from Kemper > Interface > Monitors to just Kemper > Monitors and it's made quite the difference. Always wondered why it never sounded quite as good as the first time I tried it or through a cab. Never thought my pre-amps or the A/D conversion would do that much.

Must experiment further.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
@A-D-L that’s exactly my experience too.

Not sure if a better interface or mixer would help.

FWIW I found that with all modellers I’ve tried (kpa, ax8, helix).
Have you tried S/PDIF via an interface? That seems to be the closest to direct speakers while maintaining the ability to monitor via the interface and record at the same time.

Thinking of getting some more XLRs but only today found out there are mic and speaker XLRs and have no idea which I would need with the Kemper master outputs.

I’ve only got a 2i2 so no spdif. Might be worth upgrading it to try then.

Xlr cables - mine are just mic ones. It’s line signal level unless you’re coming out of the amplified versions speaker out

ed lespaul

I have a focusrite 18i20, because I have EVERYTHING connected at once Kemper, GR-55, Keyboards, Mixing Board, 2 microphones.. and I'm probably missing something.

With that said, I tested the difference between the FRFR going from the Focusrite and then from the Kemper. If there was any differences, it was very minimal.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
With that said, I tested the difference between the FRFR going from the Focusrite and then from the Kemper. If there was any differences, it was very minimal.
Honestly it could have been just the volume difference by going direct. Gonna have to try again when I get some more XLRs but right now in my head I think it did sound better, maybe a touch more range or something.

Chu

My Kemper is connected direct to the monitors by the 1/4" sockets. I very recently started using spdif to reamp but that's mainly for the convenience as I can connect everything and swap between playing and reamping with a couple of button pushes. All sounds good to me.

ed lespaul

What buttons? I have everything mapped in my daw from the Focusrite 18i20. Add a bus that goes to SPDIF for ReAmp. Set the input on the Kemper to SPDIF Reamp, and I'm golden.

Chu

Mine is only connected to my Daw when recording as my laptop doesn't live in the music room. Therefore it's usually set up the same as with my band, so guitar to Kemper input etc. The alternate input I use for the stereo loop. If I didn't use spdif, I'd have to swap a few cables round.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
P.S.A.

The Rig manager / editor version 3 is out as a beta version. You need to update your OS to 7.16 to use the editor. but it appears to work very well.

YMMV. 2019-12-06 13.36.50.jpg

It appears that all of the settings are available, and easy to get at and edit (sure, the actual knobs are there on the front of the device, but you know what I mean). and It looks like all of the settings changes are transferred instantly to the profiler (and clearly labelled 'store' button is easy to find). Yippee !

Last edited:

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
[I make a backup every time I start rig manager :)

...update...
The editor is EPIC. The ability to drag and drop elements from a profile into your library...... then drop them into a new profile......in seconds.........EPIC. Not having to squint at the wee screen.... priceless.

No midi settings though. Yet.