The 'Quick question' Thread

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
marktplaats :)
You could try sacksioni in amsterdam. But unless he knows you're looking for something he probably only buys older vintage stuff.
I've been keeping an eye on marktplaats. There are a few on there. I also sent a message to 2 of them, but no reply unfortunately. I wish I could program a search in marktplaats like I did on Reverb.

Reverb also lists a few, but they are in Japan and shipping costs more than the guitar.

mirage2101

I've been keeping an eye on marktplaats. There are a few on there. I also sent a message to 2 of them, but no reply unfortunately. I wish I could program a search in marktplaats like I did on Reverb.

Reverb also lists a few, but they are in Japan and shipping costs more than the guitar.
You can, at least on my phone, if I do a search I get the option "bewaar"in the upper left corner. If you do, it'll also send to notifications when new results come up.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
It looks like a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue, Gronw.
According to Reverb’s price guide they seem to vary between £315-£418
https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/10920
Just checked UK RRP and they go for £799 so £479 seems fair!
https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...BDpRLb_DlyYu2P1l8vEvjqku8hw,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1
:)
Not sure the layout of the switches is exactly right for a Blues Reissue. Unless it's an older model or something.

Edit: Could be a Hot Rod Deluxe, It's got a couple of extra option buttons on the control panel. They are usually a bit more expensive I think.

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Is anyone here into John Frusciante? I'm wondering, he usually uses strats with 3 single coils, but which pickup position does he use most? From what I can tell, it's mostly the bridge position if I watch him play live.

Thing is, I want to achieve that sound somehow. That would mean I have to buy a strat. But if he only uses the bridge single coil, or mostly uses that, I could of course install a push pull on my purple strat and coil split the Bare Knuckly Holy Diver I have in there.

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
Is anyone here into John Frusciante? I'm wondering, he usually uses strats with 3 single coils, but which pickup position does he use most? From what I can tell, it's mostly the bridge position if I watch him play live.

Thing is, I want to achieve that sound somehow. That would mean I have to buy a strat. But if he only uses the bridge single coil, or mostly uses that, I could of course install a push pull on my purple strat and coil split the Bare Knuckly Holy Diver I have in there.
I'd have thought he'd be a neck pickup guy. That certainly seems to be the case by the first three videos I watched (Under The Bridge, Can't Stop, and Give It Away).

I always thought he was mostly anything but the bridge pickup by itself. I have little to no icepick in my mind when I hear his sounds. Overdriven solo stuff more so I guess. The funky, clean-ish is all middle and neck or a combination of position 2 and 4 AFAIK.

bad alice

I’m a big Frusciante fan
And as far as I know JF used a 3 way blade switch in his RHCP Strats to make switching between N/M/B as easy as possible.
He’d use all three pickups but, oddly, wasn’t keen on the in between tones Strats offer
For RHCP tunes anyway...

Last edited:
I’m a big Frusciante fan
And as far as I know JF used a 3 way blade switch in his RHCP Strats to make switch game between N/M/B as easy as possible.
He’d use all three pickups but, oddly, wasn’t keen on the in between tones Strats offer
For RHCP tunes anyway...
Interestingly Suzy, do you know whether that’s true for his more modern Strats as well? I do know his vintage one had a 3 way, the worn sunburst one but always assumed the ‘modern’ ones had a regular switch.

bad alice

Interestingly Suzy, do you know whether that’s true for his more modern Strats as well? I do know his vintage one had a 3 way, the worn sunburst one but always assumed the ‘modern’ ones had a regular switch.
“I don’t know” is my honest answer to that @Rick
BUT...
I do know Josh Klinghofer (JF’s replacement) has had his Strats all modded to 3 ways for RHCP duties...

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Very interesing. So he does NOT use the 2 and 4 positions at all. You would think that would be the reason to play a strat. Perhaps my thinline tele would be the ultimate solution to the Frusciante tone. It has a Mahogany body, but maple neck and fretboard, a nice TV Jones Tele single coil in the neck, with which I could at least get some jangle single coil tones and it has a TV Jones Classic plus Filtertron in the bridge, which would get me the warmer Californication type tones.

Still, A nice strat is something I would like. I used to own a partscaster. I put Fender TexMex pickups in it. I didn't like the neck though. It was a Mighty Mite neck. It felt flimsy. I'm currently playing WD necks. Those are amazing for the money.

mirage2101

Very interesing. So he does NOT use the 2 and 4 positions at all. You would think that would be the reason to play a strat. Perhaps my thinline tele would be the ultimate solution to the Frusciante tone. It has a Mahogany body, but maple neck and fretboard, a nice TV Jones Tele single coil in the neck, with which I could at least get some jangle single coil tones and it has a TV Jones Classic plus Filtertron in the bridge, which would get me the warmer Californication type tones.

Still, A nice strat is something I would like. I used to own a partscaster. I put Fender TexMex pickups in it. I didn't like the neck though. It was a Mighty Mite neck. It felt flimsy. I'm currently playing WD necks. Those are amazing for the money.
I just use 3/4 on my strat depending on how warm I want it. Into a clean amp with a bit of compression. Now I'm not a huge fan so I'm not trying to get the exact sound but it's close enough for me. Not too much frills.

I do have to say that this strat is miles better then my old tex mex. The pickups on a strat can really make or break your tone.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
We're going to be gutting the bathroom and starting again within the month but other than B & Q I'm not sure where to look for shower enclosures, sinks etc. Have you got any suggestions?

mirage2101

We're going to be gutting the bathroom and starting again within the month but other than B & Q I'm not sure where to look for shower enclosures, sinks etc. Have you got any suggestions?
I'll look up some brands. You won't have much use for stores near me.
Theres this non chain store near me that have the basic stuff for half the price but twice the quality you even get at DYI or discount stores. I got an enclosure there a couple of years ago as a temporary solution when the previous one broke and we weren't ready to tear out the bathroom completely. Let me see what I can find and I'll get back to you.