The 'Quick question' Thread

mirage2101

Thanks and sorry for the late reply.

In our case it's a basic dealer agreement. Select you dealer level/discount and sign here. It's usually a prolongation of an existing contract, seeing as in France you have to renew these types of contracts every year. We want to save paper and time by doing it digitally. That, and well, dealing with the French can be a challenge so we want to make it idiot proof.
@Tankman
Did you figure this out by chance? I've got people asking how to digitally sign their e-mail in communication with france companies.. I figured I'd make use of your work ;-)

Tankman

@Tankman
Did you figure this out by chance? I've got people asking how to digitally sign their e-mail in communication with france companies.. I figured I'd make use of your work ;-)
Yes I did. Signing digitally with your mouse or of if you're using a tablet is sufficient. You are not allowed to pre-select options. You are allowed to show pre-selected options like in our case when we are pre-selecting their 2018 terms and conditions, but you have to clearly state that these selected options are their current conditions and they are free to change it for 2019. Of course, you as a company are not obliged to accept just about anything they select. If you know a customer will only purchase for €5000,- in one year, but he has selected the best conditions which require him to purchase for €50.000 per year, you are allowed to negotiate his choice and if needed decline it. You must also make sure the general terms and conditions are available to read and you need to add a mandatory checkbox at the bottom of your page for them to confirm the have read and understand all terms and conditions.

Is that clear?

mirage2101

Yes I did. Signing digitally with your mouse or of if you're using a tablet is sufficient. You are not allowed to pre-select options. You are allowed to show pre-selected options like in our case when we are pre-selecting their 2018 terms and conditions, but you have to clearly state that these selected options are their current conditions and they are free to change it for 2019. Of course, you as a company are not obliged to accept just about anything they select. If you know a customer will only purchase for €5000,- in one year, but he has selected the best conditions which require him to purchase for €50.000 per year, you are allowed to negotiate his choice and if needed decline it. You must also make sure the general terms and conditions are available to read and you need to add a mandatory checkbox at the bottom of your page for them to confirm the have read and understand all terms and conditions.

Is that clear?
great! thanks!

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Guys, some advice needed.
The last time I was in rehearsal - LoFi Studios, Glasgow - I was plagued by something picking up a radio signal being amplified through the (duh:D) amp I was playing.
I tried two different heads in the room - some kind of Orange valve head and a Marshall JCM 900 - and had the same issue with both.
I’m trying to find out what the most likely issue/s is/are so that I can hopefully avoid this happening again.
Potentially useful info:
I’ve never had this problem in this room before with the same guitar and rig.
I was playing through the following: black/gold Strat -> Ibanez Wah -> Helix-> amp
My bass player was not experiencing the same issues.
No, I didn’t checkwith LoFi if anyone else had complained of experiencing a similar issue in this room #doh

My current thinking is that the most likely culprit is an earthing problem with my Strat?
Heeeeeeeelp...
:)

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
@bad alice

did you try different cables? i had similar in a previous existence - think it was a patch cable that had gone mental and was acting as an aerial

you'll have to test each one out at a time - guitar to wah; wah to helix; etc. culprit is likely there

otherwise - could be shielding in your guitar, but less likely that would suddenly go wrong whereas cable shielding is pretty easy to knack

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
@bad alice

did you try different cables? i had similar in a previous existence - think it was a patch cable that had gone mental and was acting as an aerial

you'll have to test each one out at a time - guitar to wah; wah to helix; etc. culprit is likely there

otherwise - could be shielding in your guitar, but less likely that would suddenly go wrong whereas cable shielding is pretty easy to knack
Thanks @johnniegoat
That’s damn good advice bud!
I’m not getting the same problem at home but I suspect the volumes I’m playing at in rehearsal amplify (see what I...*finger guns*) the problem.
Cable testing will be GO next rehearsal.

mirage2101

Thanks @johnniegoat
That’s damn good advice bud!
I’m not getting the same problem at home but I suspect the volumes I’m playing at in rehearsal amplify (see what I...*finger guns*) the problem.
Cable testing will be GO next rehearsal.
I had exactly this problem when I got new short patch cables for my pedal board. It took a lot of trying but in the end I narrowed it down to those patch cables and an instrument cable of the same brand. I stopped using them and the problem has been gone since.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
*has no advice, but waits for the clip of Nigel at the air base to be posted*
I couldn't find the clip, and I'm too off my game currently to clip it myself.
The internet has FAILED ME, this day... failed us all... :(

@bad alice

I had exactly this problem when I got new short patch cables for my pedal board. It took a lot of trying but in the end I narrowed it down to those patch cables and an instrument cable of the same brand. I stopped using them and the problem has been gone since.
@bad alice That up there is basically what I was going to say. Blame the cheapest component that has the ability to act like an antenna, starting with patch cables, then guitar cables, then any speaker cables that may be involved, then guitar wiring, then amp wiring, then give up and just claim it's part of the song.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Guys, some advice needed.
The last time I was in rehearsal - LoFi Studios, Glasgow - I was plagued by something picking up a radio signal being amplified through the (duh:D) amp I was playing.:)
I think the only way to track it down is swapping things out until it goes away I think cables (as already mentioned) are the most likely cause. Also the amount of interference is proportional to the the power of the radio transmission and the closeness of the transmitter. The studio may be nearer to Radio Clyde than your house and so the signal is more likely to be picked up.

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
On the subject of quick questions, I wonder whether I should apologise individually for each of my appalling jokes, or if a blanket apology would do? Perhaps a friendly mod (damn, another bad joke!) could make it a sticky post somewhere.
A blanket apology should suffice Jon.
And note that I AM friendly ... to everyone else at least ;)