The 'Quick question' Thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I’ve only seen one Harry Potter film.. is it worth it to see the rest?
I wouldn't say I'm a Harry Potter fan but we showed all the film's in a week at the cinema and I quite enjoyed them. I think it helped seeing them that way because you can follow the story from start to finish, I saw the first one years ago it came out I wasn't in to it.

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Do any of you play Ukulele? Kerry borrowed my brother's the other day and ended up ordering one for her self. I've been messing around with it and might join them. What's good in Ukulele world?

Weird tiny guitars!
Yes! I kinda play my wife's for 10 minutes then get bored ha. But it's easy to jam with on guitar, just slap a capo on fret 5 of your guitar to get the same tuning (ignoring thickest 2 strings). It's just getting popular, currently gradings are offered upto & including grade 3.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
I’ve only seen one Harry Potter film.. is it worth it to see the rest?
I’m chuckling as I write this because M&I have decided that our *project* over Xmas is to watch all the Harry Potter films.
Neither of us have seen any or read any of the books either.
But they’ve become such an accepted aspect of so many of our friends’ lives as well as playing a huge part popular culture lives that it feels like we *should*
We’re curious.
And to skip them would like deliberately avoiding the Star Wars films, The Lord Of The Rings trilogy or even the Indiana Jones series
Actually, I’d probably include the current Marvel Cinematic Universe in that list too (and yes, I’m a die hard DC comics fan...but ket’s not get into the post-Nolan films right now though eh...it hurts....:facepalm:)
We’ve only seen the first one so far - it was okay - but watching them all (courtesy of Amazon Prime) feels like a cool and fun thing to do over Xmas.
Extra reason to eat popcorn too...
#SweetAndSalted
#WIN
:)

Steve91

Wannabe Superheroine.
I liked the first 3 or 4 where they were still kids and the vibe was more fun.
I get that kids who read the books have a much different and deeper attachment, being that they all grew up together. I guess adults who read them also feel the same. I never read the books.
Pretty much my story. I'm about the same age as the actors and actresses, so it did feel like we were almost growing up together. They're decent enough films so well worth the watch.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I liked the first 3 or 4 where they were still kids and the vibe was more fun.
I get that kids who read the books have a much different and deeper attachment, being that they all grew up together. I guess adults who read them also feel the same. I never read the books.
I read books 1 - 5 front to back. 6 and 7 just bits and pieces. No particular reason why, cause I enjoy(ed) reading them and reading in general. Just haven’t really taken time to read a book since. Oh and by the time I finished book 5 there was a period I had to wait before being able to read 6, buzzkill really.

In my opinion movies 1 till 4 were alright without the book. The ending of the third is still shit imho but yea... :p In general the first four movies covered quite a bit. In movie 5 I lost quite some character info and development compared to the book. Movie 6 and both the parts of 7 feel rushed to me, like I’m missing something.

Once you’re sort of hooked into the universe then fantastic beasts is also a really cool movie, prequel-ish if you will.

Tetanus

Harry Potter for me was a great reading material. I've just started to learn English and this was my first book which i was able to read. You see, learning a new language is not easy.
Since the first few books were written for young children it was perfect for my language skills.
I was not really interested in the book itself first to be honest.
But i got hooked.
The last few books were not really for me for some reasons.

I love the movie versions to. Although it's a completely different experience.

Snape's character played so well by Alan Rickman that i would highly recommend to watch every HP movie only for this reason itself if not else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Harry Potter for me was a great reading material. I've just started to learn English and this was my first book which i was able to read. You see, learning a new language is not easy.
Since the first few books were written for young children it was perfect for my language skills.
I was not really interested in the book itself first to be honest.
But i got hooked.
The last few books were not really for me for some reasons.

I love the movie versions to. Although it's a completely different experience.

Snape's character played so well by Alan Rickman that i would highly recommend to watch every HP movie only for this reason itself if not else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Replacing Hans Gruber with Snape this Xmas feels entirely appropriate...
#RIPAlanRickman
#legend
:)