The 'Quick question' Thread

Mouse

Sometimes a man gets carried away
This thread is for question that don't warrant their own thread, but you'd like an answer to.
I have little questions all the time that I'm sure you guys could help me with, but I normally end up asking them in the 'smile..' thread or something remotely related.

If a topic seems to be getting a lot of involvement we could open a thread for it and continue the discussion there.

So let's get started:

After 40 minutes of loading a video on youtube, the progress bar has stopped at 90% and has been staring me down for the past 10 minutes. Should I be worried? I am kind of stuck for time, and need this uploaded today...

peachy901

Priest in the Church of Fender
After 40 minutes of loading a video on youtube, the progress bar has stopped at 90% and has been staring me down for the past 10 minutes. Should I be worried? I am kind of stuck for time, and need this uploaded today...
Give it a few more minutes then just try again?

cderycke

"Your limits may not be where you think they are"
My amp has an fx loop. What pedals should I run through them?
I have a delay, chorus, octavia, lovepedal redhead and a wah. On a Boss pedal board.

I guess I'll need extra cables.

Mouse

My amp has an fx loop. What pedals should I run through them?
I have a delay, chorus, octavia, lovepedal redhead and a wah. On a Boss pedal board.

I guess I'll need extra cables.
Generally people put modulation effects in the loop (except wah), so definitely the chorus and probably the delay (depends on the model whether it sounds any good). But wah and drives/distortions before the amp, and give the octavia to me. Done.

Of course the best way is to play around yourself and decide what you like best, but start with modulation in the lood and the rest before the amp. I leave my MXR CC delay before the amp, but have a TC electronic G-Sharp in the loop for delay and reverb patches.

Craig Medlin

Guitars, watches and cars
This is such a good idea. I a;ways find myself with lots of questions but don't want to clog up the forums with lots of threads.

This is my question: What is a good delay for around £140? Preferably a smaller sized one like a boss size.

I've been looking at the MXR carbon copy, tc electronic flashback delay and a boss DD7 but not sure which to go for. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the MXR but I am still curious. Looking for a good delay that can handle clean and high gain signals well. Any ideas?

Mouse

This is such a good idea. I a;ways find myself with lots of questions but don't want to clog up the forums with lots of threads.

This is my question: What is a good delay for around £140? Preferably a smaller sized one like a boss size.

I've been looking at the MXR carbon copy, tc electronic flashback delay and a boss DD7 but not sure which to go for. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the MXR but I am still curious. Looking for a good delay that can handle clean and high gain signals well. Any ideas?
I love my MXR CC. Not exactly high gain sounds though. I like a clean to crunch with the modulation on. I have never tried a Flashback but considering all the raving reviews it has had you can't really go wrong on either. The TC will probably be a bit better for modern high gain chains, whereas the CC will certainly do some vintage dirt and clean.

why are we here ? :rolleyes:
To practice reproduction. Practice it, a lot.

Craig Medlin

Guitars, watches and cars
I love my MXR CC. Not exactly high gain sounds though. I like a clean to crunch with the modulation on. I have never tried a Flashback but considering all the raving reviews it has had you can't really go wrong on either. The TC will probably be a bit better for modern high gain chains, whereas the CC will certainly do some vintage dirt and clean.

To practice reproduction. Practice it, a lot.
Thanks very much! Maybe I'll go for the flashback then. Need as much versatility as possible! :)

Mouse

Is there a decent combined delay and reverb out there?

Has anyone used a EHX Nano Chorus?
I have Adji's old TC Electronic G-Sharp for delay and reverb patches. It sounds great, but it is a rackmounted unit so maybe not very practical depending on you situation. I control it with a pretty cheap Boss midi board. Great little setup.

I can't think of any stompboxes other than modelers that do both, but then again I am by no means a pedal guy.

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
Is there a decent combined delay and reverb out there?

Has anyone used a EHX Nano Chorus?
EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai gets there or the Cathedral.

Your best bet, if you want both together though is a MFX like a Zoom G3 for something cheap. Line6 M5 is a good shout, but I think it`s only one effect at a time.

Is it possible for an amp to work when some preamp tubes are blown? (not mine, a friends one..only 2 out of 6 are visibly glowing). The amp ssounds crap by the way..short before we took a look inside.