The proud (future) mommy & daddy thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Quick update. He came early. My wife's water broke last friday, we went to the hospital saturday and just after midnight on december 30th at 00.50h our son Aaron was born. He's 49cm long and weighs 3270grams. He came a week early. He's a beautiful and healthy baby. It was quite tough on mom, but she did great and is now also doing well.

This is the most surreal thing I have ever experienced. It's awesome. We are so happy.
Congratulations!

ScutMonkey

Quick update. He came early. My wife's water broke last friday, we went to the hospital saturday and just after midnight on december 30th at 00.50h our son Aaron was born. He's 49cm long and weighs 3270grams. He came a week early. He's a beautiful and healthy baby. It was quite tough on mom, but she did great and is now also doing well.

This is the most surreal thing I have ever experienced. It's awesome. We are so happy.

Fantastic!

Make sure you keep an eye on your wife to make sure she's taking care of herself. If she's breast feeding she's going to need extra water and calories. It's easy with all the fatigue and constant vigilance of the child to forget your own needs.

Tankman

Thanks guys! He's almost 3 weeks old now and doing great.

Fantastic!

Make sure you keep an eye on your wife to make sure she's taking care of herself. If she's breast feeding she's going to need extra water and calories. It's easy with all the fatigue and constant vigilance of the child to forget your own needs.
That was a good piece of advise. I really needed to keep an eye on her and still do. She thinks she can stay up all day and then still take over all the night feeding shifts. If our son doesn't sleep at night because of cramps or whatever, then she doesn't sleep. I have now ordered her to take 1 or 2 naps a day when he is also napping. She's doing better.

She started out breastfeeding, but that was also too stressful for her and for the baby because of various reasons. That was the first time I intervened and suggested we just give him formula. We bought some anyway, because he lost too much weight and needed extra feeding to regain it. After thinking about it for a day, she decided to go with it. It has reduced stress levels immensely.

mirage2101

She started out breastfeeding, but that was also too stressful for her and for the baby because of various reasons. That was the first time I intervened and suggested we just give him formula. We bought some anyway, because he lost too much weight and needed extra feeding to regain it. After thinking about it for a day, she decided to go with it. It has reduced stress levels immensely.
Well done!
I've heard so much couples argue about this and young moms getting so stressed out because breastfeeding wasn't working. You guys are doing a good job.

ScutMonkey

Thanks guys! He's almost 3 weeks old now and doing great.

That was a good piece of advise. I really needed to keep an eye on her and still do. She thinks she can stay up all day and then still take over all the night feeding shifts. If our son doesn't sleep at night because of cramps or whatever, then she doesn't sleep. I have now ordered her to take 1 or 2 naps a day when he is also napping. She's doing better.

My wife had an emergency C with our first one and was walking around that night, which was insane. I didn't say a word and had the nurse do it, because they're the experts. But yeah, her focus was completely on the baby and not herself. Which I totally understood, but my wife is a serious badass. She's tough as nails and has a pain tolerance which is nuts so I made sure I watched out for her.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
MASSIVE congrats @Tankman
And by the sounds of it, you’re anticipating, in a sensitive and constructive way, the help and support your wife and son need beautifully.
It’s a different scenario entirely but when I was ill recently M giving me *permission* to do nothing ad stay in bed really helped remove those residual feelings of but-I-should-be-doing-work and let me properly relax and get the most benefit from the rest I was taking.
Don’t underestimate your role in keeping your wife and son happy, healthy and rested.
Also, having read this thread again
This is definitely on its way over...
E5B72212-BF6C-475F-9DA6-202C5F019044.jpeg
:)