The proud (future) mommy & daddy thread

mirage2101

@Tankman late to the party, but grats!

@Felix your time will come! On relationships.. It's not as much about hunting as just meeting a lot of people. Common interests help but are not a 100% requirement. My wife doesn't play guitar, doesn't like computers or F1. Has the worst taste in music (anything dutch from the last 15 years). She sings and dances (I hate dancing). On the other hand we love doing stuff together like taking skiing lessons or just going out into the woods.
Funny detail. After our first date she didn't want to meet again. So I asked her why.. Well.. she said.. It was ok, I had a good time.. But nothing more. So I asked her if she expected fireworks, angels with violins and whatnot. Ofcourse me having a hangover from a wedding the night before didn't help.. But in the end she agreed to a second date.. And we've been together for 8 years now.

In general
We have been trying to get pregnant for 2,5 years now. The last 6 months at the hospital. We've had 3 attempts at artificial insemination now. 3 more to go before we go to the more complicated stuff. To be honest it's been quite difficult. The romance quickly dissapears after the first year. Having to perform "when the stars are right" can put a lot of pressure on things. Hormones and hospital visits don't really do wonders either.
On the bright side, we just had a summer break of the whole thing, we still love eachother.. And we'll just have to accept you can't plan this kind of stuff.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Thanks @mirage2101 . A friend of mine has also been trying for a long time. I felt kind guilty because it happened so quickly for us. I understand what you're saying about performing when the stars are right. We kind of did the same, but we didn't put any pressure on it. We had fun with it. In the end, my wife got pregnant during our vacation on a tropical island. Maybe that would be a good tip for you guys. It doesn't get more relaxed than that. Either way, I wish you and your wife the best of luck! I hope it happens for you.

In other news, I finished assembling everything for the babyroom. It looks quite cozy now. I also actually felt the baby move for the first time. So strange, yet so awesome. The wife is starting to get big now and she has been feeling the baby for a few weeks already, but now you can actually feel it from the outside.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
The wife is getting big and it's causing a lot of hilarity. She's a good sport and is totally not insecure about it. I heard from friends that their wives got very insecure when their belly started growing. My wife can have a good laugh about it, especially knowing that it's temporary.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
It's been quiet here! We are coming up on 30 weeks pregnant this weekend. We had an ultrasound last Wednesday. Turns out the baby has turned around right on time. His head is now facing down. That's great news as coming out butt first is not desirable.

30 weeks already...It's going by so fast!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Tonight we discuss the birth-plan. All our wishes concerning how everything should go, where it should happen, if we want painkillers (if not necessary, we don't want to use any The body should be able to handle it). It's getting very real now.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Tonight we discuss the birth-plan. All our wishes concerning how everything should go, where it should happen, if we want painkillers (if not necessary, we don't want to use any The body should be able to handle it). It's getting very real now.
Unwanted advice #20465: God is a man. The female body is a form-over-function design and may not always handle it very well. Go with the plan but get the ALL THE MEDS on standby just in case.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Unwanted advice #20465: God is a man. The female body is a form-over-function design and may not always handle it very well. Go with the plan but get the ALL THE MEDS on standby just in case.
We will be delivering in a hospital, so all the meds will be on standby anyway. Of course, it's best for the baby to not use any meds, so if possible, we won't do it. Of course, you have to wait for the moment. If it's unbearable, then drug her up!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Oh God. Two and a half weeks to go. I'm kind of sad the pregnancy is coming to an end. It was a very fun, educational and exciting ride. Of course, the ride that's coming now should also be very fun, educational and exciting. Still, a pregnancy is such a different experience.

We have another pregnant couple coming over on Christmas Eve. They are expecting their baby the same day as we are. We met at a pregnancy class and just clicked. I'm excited to hear their stories since the last time we saw each other.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Quick update. He came early. My wife's water broke last friday, we went to the hospital saturday and just after midnight on december 30th at 00.50h our son Aaron was born. He's 49cm long and weighs 3270grams. He came a week early. He's a beautiful and healthy baby. It was quite tough on mom, but she did great and is now also doing well.

This is the most surreal thing I have ever experienced. It's awesome. We are so happy.

mirage2101

Quick update. He came early. My wife's water broke last friday, we went to the hospital saturday and just after midnight on december 30th at 00.50h our son Aaron was born. He's 49cm long and weighs 3270grams. He came a week early. He's a beautiful and healthy baby. It was quite tough on mom, but she did great and is now also doing well.

This is the most surreal thing I have ever experienced. It's awesome. We are so happy.
Gefeliciteerd!